Jack Grealish

Copperpot

Banned
I'm not a big fan of the profile of midfielder that Southgate favours. I would have Grealish and Foden both in the squad ahead of Mount, personally.

Yeah Southgate has his favorites, I like Mason Mount personally, but Delph (Southgate favorite)/Barkley/Winks should all be sacrificed in place of Grealish/Foden, Alli's return to form is interesting too.

A lot of talented players for Southgate to call upon, if he gets his team right and with a bit of luck with we could have a chance at the Euro's.

Last edited:

fergus90

Awesome talent:-

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1201247116066246661

Should be playing for England and think he will be playing for a bigger club 2020.

Harry Redknapp's comments on him earlier in the week:-

https://talksport.com/football/634970/spain-italy-jack-grealish-harry-redknapp-england-aston-villa/

He will stay with us for a couple more years I think. Especially if we stay in the premier league. He had a bit of a slow start to the season but he’s been great the last couple months.

Jenks

Yeah Southgate has his favorites, I like Mason Mount personally, but Delph (Southgate favorite)/Barkley/Winks should all be sacrificed in place of Grealish/Foden, Alli's return to form is interesting too.

A lot of talented players for Southgate to call upon, if he gets his team right and with a bit of luck with we could have a chance at the Euro's.

Completely disagree on Winks. I think he's vital in that lone holding role.

Zidane82

People don't comment on his speed enough. He's stylish and silky on the ball, but he's also rapid. Great player.

He’s kinda suffering in comparison to Mount and Maddison as they’re playing in real good , attacking teams and have free creative roles and they both have one or two great holding midfielders behind them ( Kante - Juninho- Ndidi) BUT Jack is Villa’s best player and Captain .. he does both the creative and covering role . He can also play as the left sided forward position as Iniesta used to do for us occasionally

He’s an amazing player and has been for about 5 years and still so young 23/24 ? He put in some fabulous performances when he was last in the premier league about 5 years ago at 18/19 years old

Last edited:

Rory

Played against him at school and a couple of other times even with him once at local football fun weeks. He did that fake shot move even back then at 6-8 years old.

We lost like 10-0 to his school lol. Another story, on these football fun weeks each day ends with a small tournament for a couple of hours. Each day the teams are mixed up but only the last day are trophies awarded to the team who wins. I didn?t get to play on his team all week until the last day so of course we walked away with all the trophies.

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
Played against him at school and a couple of other times even with him once at local football fun weeks. He did that fake shot move even back then at 6-8 years old.

We lost like 10-0 to his school lol. Another story, on these football fun weeks each day ends with a small tournament for a couple of hours. Each day the teams are mixed up but only the last day are trophies awarded to the team who wins. I didn?t get to play on his team all week until the last day so of course we walked away with all the trophies.

well worth the wait then :lol::lol::lol:

I'm actually surprised that he's actually still at villa tbh.

Rory

well worth the wait then :lol::lol::lol:

I'm actually surprised that he's actually still at villa tbh.

Yeah but it was painful all week getting battered :lol:.

I think he just genuinely loves Villa. But also they wanted such a huge fee that no one was going to pay and he?s the last person to demand to leave or make a shitshow of things so just got on with it. With how he?s playing and his leadership Id have him here.

All the stuff he gets in the media is a shame too. My cousin goes to his old school and he?s always turning up to do things and with the larger community too.

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
Yeah but it was painful all week getting battered :lol:.

I think he just genuinely loves Villa. But also they wanted such a huge fee that no one was going to pay and he?s the last person to demand to leave or make a shitshow of things so just got on with it. With how he?s playing and his leadership Id have him here.

All the stuff he gets in the media is a shame too. My cousin goes to his old school and he?s always turning up to do things and with the larger community too.

Sounds like an amazing player to have for the club and community. He also seems like a player that will get better with a better team, I might just keep more of an eye on him but I doubt we'd target someone like him ever.

Mateka

Pleased that Villa could keep Grealish. Villa have strengthened well. Olly Watkins hat trick against Liverpool demolished them. Liverpool look shot. No longer want to run themselves into the ground. But the outstanding display by Grealish and co. made Liverpool look abysmal.
Possibly Liverpool?s luck has run out, the number of deflected goals against them increased the score. But without them, Villa still win.

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
Pleased that Villa could keep Grealish. Villa have strengthened well. Olly Watkins hat trick against Liverpool demolished them. Liverpool look shot. No longer want to run themselves into the ground. But the outstanding display by Grealish and co. made Liverpool look abysmal.
Possibly Liverpool?s luck has run out, the number of deflected goals against them increased the score. But without them, Villa still win.

Villa should of had another 2-3 goals anyway so in the end score line was appropriate. I think Liverpool really missed mane and a Alison tbh they kept playing a high line and got punished for it. Something we couldn't do with apparently much better players...

eaman

Villa should of had another 2-3 goals anyway so in the end score line was appropriate. I think Liverpool really missed mane and a Alison tbh they kept playing a high line and got punished for it. Something we couldn't do with apparently much better players...

It's not so easy defending while playing a high line. Players like pique should get more respect because of it. Also man city arent too bad defensively considering they play a high line

Porque

Allison is so good at being a sweeper with the highline and with the ball at feet. Liverpool absolutely need a better backup goalkeeper.

Home of Barca Fans