Jack Grealish

Antimilan

My word. Not much of a sample size to go on there. That might be 'just your opinion', but it is flat out wrong. I've been a Villa fan for 20 years, and literally dispute every single one of your statements. Lets break it down.

1) Technically we did invent the game. Doesn't mean we are, or ever were, the best at it. Far from it infact, we're probably in the top 10.

2) Frankly insulted you think anyone British of moderate intelligence believes what is written in the media. A bit of generalisation going on here I feel.

3) If your friends only support the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man United, it's fair to say you haven't got a large enough sample size of fans in this country. If I were to generalise, I might suggest that you've befriended quite a few glory hunters...but I won't.

To summarise, I think you'd struggle to find a level headed person who thinks that either Coquelin is the best DM in the world, or that Arsenal are the best side in Europe in 2015. Something tells me you have an agenda against the English, and you're using absolute nonsense to support that arguement.

All what I've seen and heard man, no fabrication whatsoever. You had the example of Alik right above for the Coquelin comparison. Could be that some fans are just fanatics and out of realism, saying Coquelin the best DM etc. , but I've rarely witnessed that in La Liga fans (say Barca and RM). Could be that people may be glory hunters, but I fear it is more the feeling of indifference between the real beautiful football and great teams of La Liga, compared to the mostly crappy EPL ones. Sorry that you are an Aston Villa fan and you came across my comment but trust me I've got nothing against EPL in general, just against their fans and mentality more of. In EPL I root for Man Utd simply because of the legend Sir Alex Ferguson who was one of the best to do the coaching job in this sport.

Also, it is the media and the marketing that is being done for EPL mostly to blame rather than the ideology of your fans. When AFC Bournemouth gets 100 Million pounds just because they join EPL, that says about it all. They can easily be considered a "big club" by EPL fans because their financials rock, while Sevilla doesn't see the 100 million pounds mark, maybe once in 10 years, and after selling half of the key players. That is the paradox. Then, compare the national teams (England - Spain). The biggest issue with EPL is that it is becoming more artificial than it can ever become, and that is ruining everything.

Last edited:

Co0ter

All what I've seen and heard man, no fabrication whatsoever. You had the example of Alik right above for the Coquelin comparison. Could be that some fans are just fanatics and out of realism, saying Coquelin the best DM etc. , but I've rarely witnessed that in La Liga fans (say Barca and RM). Could be that people may be glory hunters, but I fear it is more the feeling of indifference between the real beautiful football and great teams of La Liga, compared to the mostly crappy EPL ones. Sorry that you are an Aston Villa fan and you came across my comment but trust me I've got nothing against EPL in general, just against their fans and mentality more of. In EPL I root for Man Utd simply because of the legend Sir Alex Ferguson who was one of the best to do the coaching job in this sport.

Also, it is the media and the marketing that is being done for EPL mostly to blame rather than the ideology of your fans. When AFC Bournemouth gets 100 Million pounds just because they join EPL, that says about it all. They can easily be considered a "big club" by EPL fans because their financials rock, while Sevilla doesn't see the 100 million pounds mark, maybe once in 10 years, and after selling half of the key players. That is the paradox. Then, compare the national teams (England - Spain). The biggest issue with EPL is that it is becoming more artificial than it can ever become, and that is ruining everything.

Very nice post. I don't have anything against the EPL either, I rather enjoy the energy and intensity of their games at times. I do however hate their media and how they overrate so many of their talents, particularly the English ones. It gets really annoying during some of the games when the announcers are spewing nonsense.

I prefer Spanish football or Italian over it, even with Serie A being in the worst state it's ever been at the moment. I will point out I hate watching the Italian national team though, parking the bus is the worst hehe

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
What I have observed with bpl fans, is that they like their players to be workhorses. Pace and strength is the be all end all.
9 out of 10 positive comments you see them throwing at young talents, are about pace, literally, you'd think only pace is what matters to them.
While I never hear that from other nationalities.

I think that there's something wrong with their football philosophy, which translates into their horrendous international level and very limited and unwanted outside of their island players.

Antimilan

What I have observed with bpl fans, is that they like their players to be workhorses. Pace and strength is the be all end all.
9 out of 10 positive comments you see them throwing at young talents, are about pace, literally, you'd think only pace is what matters to them.

I think that there's something wrong with their football philosophy, which translates into their horrendous international level and very limited and unwanted outside of their island players.

Definitely. There must be a reason their NT sucks, their managers do not attract top clubs in other leagues, along with their "very talented and pacey" players also. David Beckham and Steve McManaman are the only ones I can think that made it bigger in foreign top clubs, while no one other. They are isolated in their "best league in the world" with fans 90% coming from Asia, that's why the TV Rights money are enormous, and that is what is hurting them most as a league.

There is a clearly something wrong if you consider your league as the best in the world, yet your teams don't go further than the first knockout stage of the CL, and only one club goes to the 1/16th of EL, without being able to even make it to the quarters.

Huge huge issues with EPL in the footballing aspect... besides the money of course, which I doubt their fans get any!

Antimilan

Very nice post. I don't have anything against the EPL either, I rather enjoy the energy and intensity of their games at times. I do however hate their media and how they overrate so many of their talents, particularly the English ones. It gets really annoying during some of the games when the announcers are spewing nonsense.

I prefer Spanish football or Italian over it, even with Serie A being in the worst state it's ever been at the moment. I will point out I hate watching the Italian national team though, parking the bus is the worst hehe

Most Serie A fans I know clearly admitted that after the Calciopoli and the drop in UEFA coefficient, even the German Bundesliga is overtaking them. But lately they're having good performances in the European stage and that is admirable. I really hope the Serie A goes back to the before-Calciopoli state, but that will be a big task to complete for them.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
What? Coquelin best in the world? HAHAHA. I can't believe somebody thinks that! Sure, Arsenal fans get overexcited cause they actually have a DM that isn't a shit for once, but he's not even the best in the EPL let alone the world. :lol:

Jenks

The media here treats football like a soap opera, plus it's ridiculously mainstream in general. I'm not sure trying to extrapolate fan opinion from Facebook posts is the wisest idea, why not just get a sense of English football supporters from, you know, here?

Antimilan

The media here treats football like a soap opera, plus it's ridiculously mainstream in general. I'm not sure trying to extrapolate fan opinion from Facebook posts is the wisest idea, why not just get a sense of English football supporters from, you know, here?

You're probably right Jenks. Here mostly the EPL fans are realistic and down to earth, but I know why that is, for the simple fact that you come to this forum, you also have a soft spot for Barca right? You understand football better my friend, automatically, the philosophy and the mentality of a fan that roots for say: Liverpool and Barca is different from the one rooting for Chelsea and... Inter Milan.

Zincubus

Banned

I come from a different angle than most Brits . Barca fan for over 40 years and I love SKILL .

There are actually just 3 CLASS English players currently . All very young and each wouid fit into the Barca squad nicely .

Jack Grealish ... Ross Barkley ....John Stones ... End of .

Jenks

I don't think any of them other than Stones would get near the pitch for Barca at present.

Jenks

Aston Villa FC ‏@AVFCOfficial 9m9 minutes ago

BREAKING NEWS: @JackGrealish1 has made a decision over his international future and opted to play for England. #AVFC

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans