MSN trident surpasses the 100 goals mark

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
114 atm, I think the boys will do it, 4 games to go, one of them vs a weak deportivo in camp nou.
Hopefully in that same match messi will also surpass cristiano for the pichichi.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If Messi cared for pichichi he wouldn't have gifted Neymar 2 penalties nor would he be no1 assist man in La Liga.

Kuchi

5 is more than doable, worst case scenario : 1 in UCL final, 2 Cup final, at least 2-3 vs Deportivo/Atletico.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
If Messi cared for pichichi he wouldn't have gifted Neymar 2 penalties nor would he be no1 assist man in La Liga.

I know that he doesn't care.
I care though and I'm 100% sure that his teammates care too, I'm positive that everyone will be feeding him balls in the deportivo match.

RMU ReBorn

It's probably Real Madrid in 2011-2012, with 118 goals (Ronaldo: 60, Benzema: 32, Higuain: 26).

I'm not certain that's the answer, but I can't find anything that beats it. Gerd Muller got 67 goals in 1972-1973, while Uli Hoeneß had 22 goals. I'm not certain who had the third most goals on that team, but it probably left them around 100 goals, and certainly would not put them above 118.

Anyways, it would take a lot for MSN to beat 118 goals, but it is certainly possible. They are at 102 with a maximum of 8 matches left. They'd have to average more than 2 goals a match from now on to beat that. In order to get it, I think they'd need to pad their goal stats in the Cordoba, Deportivo, and Sociedad matches, since they probably won't average 2 goals a match in the two Bayern matches, the Atletico away match, the CdR final, and the possible CL final.

In any case, they'll likely end up somewhere around 118. And that will be remarkable given that Suarez was out for so long. I imagine that their strike rate per match will probably be the best ever. Right now, I believe they have 102 goals in a total of 129 appearances between them (0.79 goals per appearance). That RM front three had 118 goals in 161 appearances between them (0.73 goals per appearance). For reference, Müller and Hoeneß had 89 goals in 95 appearances, but I am fairly confident that whoever their third best goalscorer was would put them below Barcelona's strike rate.
And They Did it , handsomely :messi::neymar::suarez1:

Home of Barca Fans