Lliga: Cordoba - Barca 0-8

Bertus

By not winning at Calderon.

Yeah this, foolish question Bertus. We lose/draw at Calderon and Real are champions unless Valencia pull of something.
I favour out but Real winning la liga is a very realistic option.

I meant that I don't see this Barca losing to any remaining teams. AM included.

You're free to disagree, but I fully believe there's nothing to fear about.

nah Ber, a draw away at the calderon is very plausible. We're vulnerable, on the losing side of head to head difference. A draw doesn't cut it, we need the win which makes our position deceptively weak.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
RM also needs to win all their games ! So people are confident in them but not in our own team, wonderfull.

What is happening here ? has everyone suddenly decided to start using the constant-anti-jinx morten technique or what ?

It is depressing to come read a Barça forum, to be surrounded by optimism and conviction that barça will win titles only to find out people from MM have more faith in Barça then our own fans.

I'm seriously gutted, go read marca > all hail madrid & cristi, go read barcaforum la liga thread > all hail madrid barça will loose at el calderon, go read barcaforum cl bayern thread > all hail bayern & pep, our middfield and defense are weak, barça is gonna loose..

Depressing.

mssarm

and when we win fans go " it wasn't a convincing victory, we beat them 3-0, but we almost lost the game,PSG -Atletico-City are not that strong". When you look the form our players, our playing style, our ability to defend and score I don't get where's this negativity coming from. We had some issues with midfield because Iniesta was out of shape, but now he showing his magic for second game in the row. We have good players in every position at this point, we play attracting football - we should win the ligue unless some freak accident happens, but that can happen to any team

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
RM also needs to win all their games ! So people are confident in them but not in our own team, wonderfull.

What is happening here ? has everyone suddenly decided to start using the constant-anti-jinx morten technique or what ?

It is depressing to come read a Barça forum, to be surrounded by optimism and conviction that barça will win titles only to find out people from MM have more faith in Barça then our own fans.

I'm seriously gutted, go read marca > all hail madrid & cristi, go read barcaforum la liga thread > all hail madrid barça will loose at el calderon, go read barcaforum cl bayern thread > all hail bayern & pep, our middfield and defense are weak, barça is gonna loose..

Depressing.

Amen, brother.

Believe in the team and the team shall believe in you.

i'm not pessimistic, just realistic: there is a strong chance that real won't drop points, which means we'll need a win away against atletico. knowing this doesn't fill me with enthusiasm.

Leo_Messi

Depressing.

What does it even matter what people write? Let people have their own opinions as long as they are civil. Being worried about the likely need to win at the Estadio Vicente Calderón and not necessarily joining the "we will definitely crush Atlético and win 0-4 bandwagon" is nothing more than a difference in opinion.

I don't agree anyway. Most users here believe that we will easily beat not only Atlético but also Bayern.

Anyway are we supposed to blindly support anything as long as it puts our team/club in a good light? That's a very strange logic.

Lastly none of our players will be affected by the opinions of around 100 anonymous active forum members and their ramblings.

BBZ8800

Depressing.

Realistically, we won TOO many matches in 2015.

It is hard to explain, but from watching Barca in the last 10-15 years, I am sometimes "happier" when we lose a match every now and then, let's say every 5-6 matches, no matter is it a league, cup or a CL match.

We just won too many matches in a row, and in some matches we were lucky to win 1:0 in final minutes and similar.
Also, now remaining 6 matches, 3 in La liga and 3 in a CL, are all like a finals.
We need to win all 3 La liga matches, plus, at least 2 out of 3 CL matches.
-- any wrong step (a draw) in La liga or (a defeat) in a CL will probably mean=losing a title
-- also, a draw at Calderon and only one lousy defeat against Bayern would mean losing both titles in the final weeks

Now, we played awesome, but somehow I just find highly unlikely that we will win all 6 matches till the end and win La liga and a CL.
If we will do it, it will be something probably never seen in a history, because our run of victories in 2015 is just waaaay too long.
-- and anyone who is a fan for a longer period knows that in every Season, you just need to have a few matches with a very bad luck
(Numbers just HAVE to turn against you in one moment)

I am know probably jinxing our team in a wrong way.
But I remember in 2006, when Rijkaard was a coach, I had a feeling that he was sometimes "intentionally" losing some cup matches to get the players back on the right track in more important=League matches
Also, before an important CL matches, I had a feeling as if he is intentionally playing a weaker side in La liga, so in case if we will play bad or if don't win, players will be 120% fired up for the more important knock-out rounds in a CL in 3-4 days.

So, it is hard to tell, but I am fearing that in the end we will be one of those team (like on tournaments) who are winning all matches in group stage by 5:0. And who are an absolute favorites according to bookmarks...
And who are winning 5:0 in a 1/8 and a QF, but then have a bad day in semis, lose 0:1 and that's it.
30 days of awesome football, one wrong night in the worst time and you are out.
While teams who played hot and cold in group stages and till the QF and semis, suddenly reach the right form and have more luck, and in the end they win a tournament.

Who knows, maybe we will win all 6 remaining matches, but I am not too confident.
Something just doesn't "feel" right.
We won too many matches and we are way too confident currently.

I have fears that we will screw at least one title out of La liga and a CL.

Last edited:

xavi_the_Boss

Now we are winning to many matches.....
For me Barca improved throughout the season and is now at their best at pretty much the perfect time.

Alik

Hehe. Reminds me of:

The gambler's fallacy, also known as the Monte Carlo fallacy or the fallacy of the maturity of chances, is the mistaken belief that, if something happens more frequently than normal during some period, it will happen less frequently in the future, or that, if something happens less frequently than normal during some period, it will happen more frequently in the future (presumably as a means of balancing nature)

Alen

Realistically, we won TOO many matches in 2015.

It is hard to explain, but from watching Barca in the last 10-15 years, I am sometimes "happier" when we lose a match every now and then, let's say every 5-6 matches, no matter is it a league, cup or a CL match.

We just won too many matches in a row, and in some matches we were lucky to win 1:0 in final minutes and similar.
Also, now remaining 6 matches, 3 in La liga and 3 in a CL, are all like a finals.
We need to win all 3 La liga matches, plus, at least 2 out of 3 CL matches.
-- any wrong step (a draw) in La liga or (a defeat) in a CL will probably mean=losing a title
-- also, a draw at Calderon and only one lousy defeat against Bayern would mean losing both titles in the final weeks

Now, we played awesome, but somehow I just find highly unlikely that we will win all 6 matches till the end and win La liga and a CL.
If we will do it, it will be something probably never seen in a history, because our run of victories in 2015 is just waaaay too long.
-- and anyone who is a fan for a longer period knows that in every Season, you just need to have a few matches with a very bad luck
(Numbers just HAVE to turn against you in one moment)

I am know probably jinxing our team in a wrong way.
But I remember in 2006, when Rijkaard was a coach, I had a feeling that he was sometimes "intentionally" losing some cup matches to get the players back on the right track in more important=League matches
Also, before an important CL matches, I had a feeling as if he is intentionally playing a weaker side in La liga, so in case if we will play bad or if don't win, players will be 120% fired up for the more important knock-out rounds in a CL in 3-4 days.

So, it is hard to tell, but I am fearing that in the end we will be one of those team (like on tournaments) who are winning all matches in group stage by 5:0. And who are an absolute favorites according to bookmarks...
And who are winning 5:0 in a 1/8 and a QF, but then have a bad day in semis, lose 0:1 and that's it.
30 days of awesome football, one wrong night in the worst time and you are out.
While teams who played hot and cold in group stages and till the QF and semis, suddenly reach the right form and have more luck, and in the end they win a tournament.

Who knows, maybe we will win all 6 remaining matches, but I am not too confident.
Something just doesn't "feel" right.
We won too many matches and we are way too confident currently.

I have fears that we will screw at least one title out of La liga and a CL.

In short, this is too good to be true :lol:

Oddly enough, i have a similar feeling about it. Not in La Liga though, more in the CL. I have a bad feeling the Bayern game.

BBZ8800

Now we are winning to many matches.....
For me Barca improved throughout the season and is now at their best at pretty much the perfect time.

We will be smarter after the first match against Bayern.

Imo, we are way to overconfident and everything is too perfect lately around us.
We surely have an enormous quality, but we will need an extraordinary mental strength in the last 6 matches, especially in matches against Bayern+Bayern+Atletico+potential CL final.

We will need to see if Lucho has this mental strength and calmness in right moments in him.
And will he able to pull the maximum (in a mental way) out of our players in the last 6 matches.

I know that it sounds strange, but I would be much more calmer if we had some weaker results, or at least weaker displays in the last few matches which would keep us slightly closer to the Earth.

Our confidence is too high, we are flying too close to the sun currently.
We could easily get burned if Lucho don't pull a mental "magic" in the last 6 matches.

agm2502

Assuming Atletico win next week, when they meet Barca they will have secured 3rd spot, the only way they wouldn't have secured 3rd place is if Valencia get a result against Real Madrid which would then mean we could lose/draw to Atletico. I'd like to think our desire to win would be higher than Atletico's for the match and together with our stronger form should make the game further in our favour than it normally is.

Of course i'd be happy if Real drop points but at the same time if we lose the league by dropping points to Atletico then we never deserved to win it in the first place after dropping silly points earlier in the season, but this is football.

BBZ8800

In short, this is too good to be true :lol:

Oddly enough, i have a similar feeling about it. Not in La Liga though, more in the CL. I have a bad feeling the Bayern game.

Thanks.
At least someone agrees.

1. we have too many wins in a row, something just "feels" bad
2. people are talking about the revenge
3. Bayern has injuries
4. Messi never scored against Neuer
5. people talking about at least 2 goals wins in a first match.
I have some fears that there is NO WAY that we will keep a clean sheet against Bayern, from this or that reason.

And I was reading Bayern-zone today and have seen this video posted by one of their fans:

And then, I can't understand how can people so easily forget this, and say: it was a different team, a different times, etc etc.
We will still have Alba, Alves, Iniesta and similar players who can lose every single physical/aerial duel, like in those 2 matches.
(Look at even Barta in these matches. All of our players were outjumped so easily, and we were losing physical duels like a bunch of 5 year olds)
And people expect more or less easy 2:0 victory with a clean sheet. A sad Lol :(

Let's hope that we are wrong and that we will easily win 2:0, but...

Home of Barca Fans