Vermaelen recovers!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Former Arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen was given the medical green light to play in Barcelona's next match against Getafe on Tuesday.

thomasvermaelen-cropped_1i8d5dl1y1kzm10xp5tlshqyf0.jpg

The Belgium international moved to Camp Nou from Arsenal last summer. He was signed injured and has yet to make his competitive debut for the Catalans.

FC Barcelona confirmed in a statement on the club's official website that Vermaelen has received medical clearance and he will provide valuable experience for a Barca side still chasing the Liga, UEFA Champions League and Copa del Rey titles this season.

:vermaelen:

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Hopefully he gets a few minutes. In a weird way I'm actually really excited to see what he can bring as both a CB and a LB.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
His value as a back up left back will be great. He will also add n more the the furious competition for centre back places. Our defence got better even though some may be laughing.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Yeah I agree. If he can stay fit then he will be really valuable at LB. Also remembered that Jordi is suspended so he is in with a chance of playing there against Getafe.

cmsy27

Hopefully he gets a few minutes. In a weird way I'm actually really excited to see what he can bring as both a CB and a LB.

+1.

Getafe is a good game for him to get those minutes. I'm excited to see what he can do too.

StarLord

His value as a back up left back will be great. He will also add n more the the furious competition for centre back places. Our defence got better even though some may be laughing.

I am not laughing at all. If he can stay fit (I know that is a Siberia-sized "if") he is a very good player no doubt.

Home of Barca Fans