Lliga: Barca - Getafe 6-0

B

Batman

This is a game Lucho can rest Messi, if we can't wing against Getafe at home without Messi then we don't deserve to win this league.

We have very important games coming in CL and we need Messi 100%

Sub Suarez and Neymar once we have comfy lead.

Devils

If we smash Getafe and Cordoba and are in a comfortable lead, I can see Messi being subbed a half-time/60 minute mark.

B

Batman

I don't think Lucho will dare subbing Messi. Not playing him from the start is safer.

Messi has more playing mins than any player in La Liga. It's ridiculous

Mitchell1978

I don't think Lucho will dare subbing Messi. Not playing him from the start is safer.

resting Messi in the Cordoba-games makes more sense then tomorrow, i expect one of MSN to be rested though

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi

Yes but Messi had 2 weeks rest during international break unlike many others, he seemed a bit off in the valencia and psg games but in the Espanyol he was pretty lively.

Not saying he should not be rested, but I doubt it'll happen, and i'm waiting to see if it's actually necessary, because as I said, he looked just fine in the derby.

Also, we do absolutely deserve to win the league, no matter the result against Getafe, we are by far the better team :)

anguy

[formation=barca,6]
Bravo
0-0-Pique-0-Bartra-0-0
Alves-0-0-0-0-0-Mathieu
0-0-0-Busq-0-0-0
0-0-Roberto-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-Iniesta-0
0-Rafinha-0-0-0-Neymar-0
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

I would like to see Roberto as right CM. We now know he can play DM, but that's the position of strength. The question is, can he play "Xavi's position" where we need the help most? So far he played "Iniesta position", where he was horrible and CM in Cup (where he scored, but against weak opposition)Matches like Getafe are ideal to find it out. I want to see him on pitch with Iniesta. Messi should finally rest, Alves, Pique can play, they can rest against Cordoba. Suarez should play to be yellow carded. Sub Rakitic for Iniesta to see Rakitic in more offensive LM role. And if everything goes well Verm should get some minutes too.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think Roberto showed by now that he isn't really good at cm. Although I partially agree with you that he is probably better at Rakitic's than Iniesta's position.

Excited to see what lineup Lucho will field

anguy

I think Roberto showed by now that he isn't really good at cm. Although I partially agree with you that he is probably better at Rakitic's than Iniesta's position.

He wasn't really playing as a controlling midfielder so far. Given our current midfield situation we should at least try him out against weaker teams.

F

forcabarca

Masip, Douglas, Pique and Vermaelen not included, Alba red-suspended.

Messi10

Will be missing this match due to work:(

anyone know where I can watch the full match 2 hours after its finished online?????????

dakt

No, not Xavi. Iniesta is gaining form so it wouldn't be wise to cut him off. Xavi can come in after 60 or 70 min.

CatalinR10

246pglc.jpg

Innnnnnnnnnnnnnn on Getafe game thread

5 hours to go boiiiiisssssss

Full control and we'll win 4-0.

Let's do this

:tito:

Home of Barca Fans