FC Barcelona Futsal

Leo_Messi

We need a thread dedicated to our futsal team. We already have threads dedicated to our basketball and handball teams.

I am yet to watch a single game this season but I will try to watch the team's semifinal game in the UEFA Futsal Cup (futsal's equivalent to the Champions league) against Sporting CP tonight. The game starts at 22.30 local BCN time. The final will be played on Sunday. The most dangerous opponent is MFK Dina Moskva, the current Russian champions.

We are the current title holders and if we win again this year, we will have won 3 UEFA Futsal Cup trophies and equal Inter Movistar's record number of wins (3).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Futsal_Cup

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014–15_UEFA_Futsal_Cup

Some more links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Barcelona_Futsal

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/futsal-1

The final that we won last year.

Leo_Messi

What a game! We won 5-3. The game was played in Lisbon (MEO Arena) in front of almost 13.000 spectators. A record number of attendees in UEFA Futsal Cup history (the equivalent of the Champions League for futsal teams). Great crowd.

We scored 2 goals in the last 34 seconds. Our goalkeeper scored from his own half (almost) with 1 second to go.:lol:

I think that I picked the right time to watch my first futsal game this season.

This was the team's 3 final in 4 years. If we win on Sunday we will equal Inter Movistar's record of 3 wins in the tournament.

At least our football team (so far), handball, hockey and futsal teams are performing unlike our basketball team.

EDIT: We are going to play against Kairat Almaty who won 7-4 against Dina Moscow in the other semi-final. Kazakh Kairat Almaty won the tournament back in the 2013-12 season.

Last edited:

raki

Good win. Still i always get the feeling that the coach does not get the best outcome of the great players he has. A top team but not a top coach.

Leo_Messi

Good win. Still i always get the feeling that the coach does not get the best outcome of the great players he has. A top team but not a top coach.

What? Marc Carmona has done a great job since the 2010-11 season. We have won 13 trophies since then and have been the most successful futsal club in Europe.

Also it's worth noticing how many Spanish players we have who were born in Madrid.

raki

What? Marc Carmona has done a great job since the 2010-11 season. We have won 13 trophies since then and have been the most successful futsal club in Europe.

Also it's worth noticing how many Spanish players we have who were born in Madrid.

With a super squad. As soon as Inter Movistar got 2 great players as Ricardinho and Cardinal we lost league in a appauling way.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Great thread.

Don't want to hijack this thread, but I have always wondered the differences between futsal and football, ie. what makes futsal players play futsal instead of football, whether futsal players can play effectively well in football, the differences between the two in terms of requirements on player physiques, stamina (futsal is not as tiring as football?), individual skills, techniques and tactics etc.?

Anybody cares to give me some futsal vs. football 101 answers?

Leo_Messi

With a super squad. As soon as Inter Movistar got 2 great players as Ricardinho and Cardinal we lost league in a appauling way.

Super squad or not the results in recent years speak for themselves. 13 trophies in 4 years time. 2 are still up for grabs this season. You can't win everything.

Inter Movistar themselves have a super squad.

raki

Super squad or not the results in recent years speak for themselves. 13 trophies in 4 years time. 2 are still up for grabs this season. You can't win everything.

Inter Movistar themselves have a super squad.

Not like Barça. It´s Brazil+Spain. Ricardinho makes the difference for them.

Leo_Messi

Not like Barça. It´s Brazil+Spain. Ricardinho makes the difference for them.

Yes, but having the best players does not guarantee you success. Inter Movistar was until our emergency and subsequent dominance the best futsal club in Europe. They are still in the top 3 IMO so hardly an easy opponent.

There is no reason to replace Marc Carmona. There would if he had failed to deliver since the 2010-11 season but that's not the case as we have been the by far most successful club in Spain and Europe.

Anyway highlights from the game yesterday. Can't find anything better quality wise.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Barça lost 3.2 :(

:facepalm:

Just saw it as well. Kairat Almaty won their second UEFA Futsal Cup.

I missed the game so I have no idea how the team performed. Did you watch the game? I am yet to read any news about the game as I just returned home.

Disappointing defeat but there is always next season.

raki

The team reached the semis in La Liga Play-off. Will face El Pozo Murcia, one of the top 3 teams in Spain.

raki

Great victory in El Pozo Murcia home. 7.3.
Barça has currently 1 contender for the tile: Movistar who whas the best player in the world, the portuguese Ricardinho.

Home of Barca Fans