Lliga: Espanyol - Barca 0-2

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
RCD_Espanyol.v1317634154.png
-
FCB.v1319559431.png

Saturday, 25th of April, 16:00h

Earlier this season Barca beat Espanyol 5-1 at Camp Nou but this is going to be a different kind od game.
I'm sure Espanyol's allies from the capital will offer nice incentives to the Pericos.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
There was a player from Espanyol this week speaking on Marca, saying that he'll be very happy if winning can help Real Madrid towards winning La Liga..

Let's trash these Modaf**ers ! :)

Leo_Messi

I dislike Espanyol with a passion. In my book and that of most locals this is one of the most important games in the entire season.

Normally the game is more about who will have the bragging rights in Barcelona and Catalonia but this season the game is crucial for our title hopes IMO.

It will by no means be an easy game unless everything clicks. Espanyol will give it all and they are likely to be more rested than us considering our very demanding schedule of late. We barely won last season before a somewhat harsh penalty (if I recall) decided the game.

I am quite nervous to say the least and before we began our current "marathon" against Celta I predicted the away game against PSG and the away game against Espanyol to be the most demanding/difficult games in that run of matches. I was wrong about the first game and I hope that I will be wrong this time around as well.

The team is in a very good dynamic and there are no injury concerns which helps a lot. My main concern is fatigue and that the team and Lucho might underestimate a very motivated Espanyol team in their own backyard. They really have little to lose contrary to us.

L

linetty

Tough game that will require CL knockout intensity. Thankfully we have two easy games after that

FC B

I'm pretty pissed with the stupid la liga calendar with games out of three days in the essential part of the CL knockouts..

Kuchi

Real will likely lose points, especially now with Modric gone, so we must capitalize and get some buffer points. We will have enough time to rest and rotate after this, but this is sooo important.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
If we can win this then this month will have been fantastic. Came into it looking at all the tough games and we have, so far, only dropped one point.

Antimadridista1

Gonna be really tough. We'll have to score early.
Espanyol are a dirty team and will do everything to lose time, fake injuries (etc) to avoid losing the game.

hardyboy

Win this game and we win the league as simple as that. I'm really worried about Messi's form right now. Hope he gives an amazing performance..

hardyboy

Not at all. We still have Atletico and if we don't beat them and Real wins all their games then they're champions.

Real Madrid will most definately drop points atleast once in their next 4 games. I'm pretty confident if we win this we'll be 5+ points ahead of Real when we face Atleti..

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

There's nothing wrong with Messi's form. He was on cruise control last night. Not using all his powers and yet delivered a solid 7/10. MSN is one of our best traits, it's essentially a three-headed monster. Cut one head and there's another two to deal with. Most teams in the world just cannot cope with that. PSG, even with injuries and suspensions, are a much better side than Chelsea who are running away with the Premier League, and yet we blew them away.

Our next league match is a derby though, mentality is important.

L

linetty

Real Madrid will most definately drop points atleast once in their next 4 games. I'm pretty confident if we win this we'll be 5+ points ahead of Real before we face Atleti..
That's your feeling. What if they win all their games? Everything's possible till the very last match

We can also drop points at Sociedad for example.

Home of Barca Fans