Lliga: Espanyol - Barca 0-2

Barcadub

Well most said the title would be won or lost in the month of April.

We are two games from the end. This game and Getafe at home for a nice ending.

It has been an incredible month and the players have really stood up. It's going to be a tough game on Saturday, especially with the early kick off but atleast it is the same routine as last week.

We must win. I would go with the same team we played against PSG. Maybe Mathieu to come back in and obviously Bravo will be back.

Celta Vigo could take points of Real.

raskolnikov

This is another one of those games where we need to win and I dont care how it happens, similair to those against Celta,Sevilla, Valencia.
We need Madrid to drop points in one of those 3 games, hopefully against Celta on Saturday. I think if we win this we wil become champions since I cant envision Real winning all their games.

Antimadridista1

That's your feeling. What if they win all their games? Everything's possible till the very last match

We can also drop points at Sociedad for example.

Would be the greatest achievement of their season if they do so knowing all the injured players they got. Won't happen. They will lose AT LEAST 2 points.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
That's your feeling. What if they win all their games? Everything's possible till the very last match

We can also drop points at Sociedad for example.

There's no way RM wins all their remaining games, even more so if they go through to the CL semis!

They'll have Sevilla (a) - CL 1st leg - Valencia (h) - CL 2nd leg + Celta (a), they'll drop at least 2points, with both Sevilla and Valencia fighting for 3rd/4th place.

Also, Real sociedad just lost to Elche 2 days ago .. and we're playing them at Camp Nou not Anoeta, it's one of the easy games, all our remaining games are, except Calderon.

Leo_Messi

Our old friend Víctor Sánchez (featured in 12 games during our historic treble season) who is normally a regular is suspended while the right full-back Mattioni is out injured. The Brazilian is only a squad player so not a big miss but Víctor Sánchez is an important player for Espanyol.

Can't wait for the game.

Richard.H

Our old friend Víctor Sánchez (featured in 12 games during our historic treble season) who is normally a regular is suspended while the right full-back Mattioni is out injured. The Brazilian is only a squad player so not a big miss but Víctor Sánchez is an important player for Espanyol.

Can't wait for the game.

Ya Victor Sanchez is a huge player for them. Very glad he's suspended.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Suarez will be decisive for this match, hopefully he will rip their hearts and eat them alive.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

We have not lost a game against Espanyol since the historic 2008-09 treble season when Iván de la Peña (great little player) scored 2 goals (!) at the Camp Nou. The end result was a 1-2 defeat. Yaya scored our only goal.

The first game that season was also a very exciting game. Eto'o scored on a penalty in the added time to make it 1-2. I remember those games very well.

Crackóvia.:lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Loved de la Pena. Little Budha they called him. He had more hype than any Barca player emerging since then. And that was last round of the season if I remember correctly? (can't open it on mobile)

Leo_Messi

Loved de la Pena. Little Budha they called him. He had more hype than any Barca player emerging since then. And that was last round of the season if I remember correctly? (can't open it on mobile)

Yes, one of his nicknames was "el budita". Another one was "don limpio" (mr. clean :lol: ). Yes, that defeat occurred in February 2009.

Do people here recall that game during the 2003-2004 season that we won 1-3? 6 red cards were given in total in that game. I can't find any footage on Youtube sadly.

Wait a second, I found the full game but not any highlights.

EDIT:

I found the highlights with all the 6 expulsions too. What a game that was! Games at the Estadi Olímpic de Montjuïc were almost always special. Montjuïc is a beautiful part of Barcelona too. Nowadays Espanyol's new stadium is located in the outskirts of the city (Cornellà de Llobregat). The derbi has not the same feeling to it anymore IMO.

Anyway here are the highlights from that insane game.

Home of Barca Fans