Neymar's double leads Barca to CL semis

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Brazilian international Neymar scored two goals as FC Barcelona beat Paris Saint-Germain 2-0 on Tuesday to seal its return to the Champions League semifinals, joining Europe's elite four teams for the seventh time in eight seasons.

neymar.jpg

Neymar had already netted Barcelona's first goal in its 3-1 first-leg win, and the Brazil striker struck in the 14th and 34th minutes to crush PSG's already slim hopes of a quarterfinal comeback.

Barcelona's dominance of was so complete that despite Neymar's brace Andres Iniesta was arguably the best player on the Camp Nou pitch. The veteran midfielder used a breathtaking solo run through the heart of the visitors' defence to set up Neymar for the opener.

Neymar then took advantage of PSG's lax marking to head home his second goal from Dani Alves' cross.

Barca will now be participating in their 7th Champions Leage semi-final in 8 years.

FC B

Not so sure about Bayern but if we play the return leg at home I reckon there are good chances we progress into the final.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Screw Bayern. We played City and Psg who did they have to play?
And btw. We still managed bigger agg win than them.

They are still favorites but Bayern this Bayern that on BarcaForum is getting nauseating.
Barca are playing great football, let's enjoy it while it lasts.

Altomonte

Having 3 world class players up front is a real luxury - we can always count on at least one of them performing at his best. Today it was Neymar. Ityt seems that Messi needs a rest. Hopefully, he'll get enough to come back at his best for the Espanyol game.
Great to see Iniesta shine. His assist of Neymar's first goal was sublime.
As to PSG, Veratti was man of the match. David Luiz had a very good game as well (redeeming himself for the nutmegging).
As to Copa Americana - advantage Brazil. Even Dani Alves had one of his best recent matches.

Luiz was no better than a lamp post on both goals. His second half was alright but barça clearly backpedalled at this point

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Screw Bayern. We played City and Psg who did they have to play?
And btw. We still managed bigger agg win than them.

They are still favorites but Bayern this Bayern that on BarcaForum is getting nauseating.
Barca are playing great football, let's enjoy it while it lasts.

Clearly there's still some trauma left from that 7-0 ^^

I personally am delighted with what we showed today, not just technically, but the intensity with which we pressed them as a team, busquets and raki in particular were amazing in that regard, and I think we can take on anyone !

If Messi gets some rest and gets back to his jan/feb/march form, there's no one that can stop us !

Autumn

Did you know that as long as we don't face Real Madrid, we can win the CL playing every single match against champions of their respective leagues?? Dutch, French, Cypriot, English, and then the potential two among German/Spanish/Italian. I find that to be an incredible potential accomplishment.

Only three games left!!

Home of Barca Fans