11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SocalBarcaFan

This Barca team doesn't live and die with possession the way Peps Barca did. You think Neymar is criticized a lot now? It would have been even worse if he was on the team then. But the way the team is constructed now he is absolutely vital. He takes chances and even though they don't always work the defense has to assume that he is going to beat his man which opens space for others. He might be a polarizing figure that people can't agree on but to me at least after Messi he is the most important player on the team.

Devils

It boggles my mind every time he does that run-up on the penalty. Seriously, the guy has a great striking ability, why TF does he drastically limit the power he can put on a penalty by doing that stupid run-up? lmao.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
It's so sad to read "great game" when it is ten folds under what he was doing just 12 months ago.

Yeah he wasn't frustrating, a great goal .. but he still can't create much, or have a decent game dribbles wise, etc .. where is that hunger and that speed that made him breeze through defenders as if they were not there??

Nowadays a great game of his is just "he didn't hog the ball, he didn't fuck up".. people have definitely lowered their expectations of him by quite a lot.

I guess it's a "great game" compared to his average 2016, sure.

NorthernVictory

What makes you think you can talk down to him?

First, if I was trying to talk down to him (or anyone for that matter), it's simply possible. Like, it is literally a possible act or event that I can cause. I think this much is... obvious.

Second, I'm not talking down to him. I thought he made a very reasonable post, compared to others, where he's not very reasonable and talking mostly based off of emotion.

That's all.

Kerrybai

This penalty nonsense is seriously pissing me off. He's horrible at them, Suarez and Messi suck too but he is by far the worst. No more penalties for Neymar, even if its 10-0 and Messi and Saurez have 5 each.

Messi983

He should stop with that weird run-up and problem immediately solved.

Don't know if problem would really be solved (i.e. if he'd start to score penalties) but most people would complain less if he'd miss with "normal" run-up. Everyone can miss a penalty but the way he does it just seems wrong to me.

Other than that nice goal and solid game from Ney.

Horatio

You're welcome
Don't know if problem would really be solved (i.e. if he'd start to score penalties) but most people would complain less if he'd miss with "normal" run-up. Everyone can miss a penalty but the way he does it just seems wrong to me.

Other than that nice goal and solid game from Ney.

It will definitely help as it will create momentum and allow him to strike harder. He now produces striking power almost from a stationary position since he moves so slow.
A powerful shot in any far corner is unstoppable.

Last edited:

FC B

This penalty nonsense is seriously pissing me off. He's horrible at them, Suarez and Messi suck too but he is by far the worst. No more penalties for Neymar, even if its 10-0 and Messi and Saurez have 5 each.

Unfortunately won't happen, he'll continue to take and miss pens...

Messi983

It will definitely help as it will create momentum and allow him to strike harder. He now produces striking power almost from a stationary position since he moves so slow.
A powerful shot in any far corner is unstoppable.

No doubt this would help him from physical standpoint but I think scoring penalties is 70% or more in players head. Of course scoring PK with 3-0 lead is a low pressure situation even against a good opponent and he'd maybe score yesterday with normal run-up. But would he also score important penalties in crucial moments of the game or in penalty shoot-outs? To be fair, I don't trust him with that and I also don't have much more confidence in Messi and Suarez. They are all pretty poor penalty takers so I hope we can avoid shoot-outs in CL.

mark1nhu

It's so sad to read "great game" when it is ten folds under what he was doing just 12 months ago.

Yeah he wasn't frustrating, a great goal .. but he still can't create much, or have a decent game dribbles wise, etc .. where is that hunger and that speed that made him breeze through defenders as if they were not there??

Nowadays a great game of his is just "he didn't hog the ball, he didn't fuck up".. people have definitely lowered their expectations of him by quite a lot.

I guess it's a "great game" compared to his average 2016, sure.

I saw his hunger going back to chase City players and help Digne countless times, in a match we really needed that.

The exactly same thing Suarez is praised to.

Didn't you see that?

I saw his hunger going back to chase City players and help Digne countless times, in a match we really needed that.

The exactly same thing Suarez is praised to.

Didn't you see that?

Suarez has been crap for a while too now. Need to find another dummy to prop up "great game" neymar when both are ordinary, and the gap with messi is larger than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans