11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakt

I never created a poll, I am not good at it.
Can someone please open a poll and ask people who would they pick as our 2nd best player/or 2nd most valuable player this Season 2014/15 (except Messi, of course)
-- and put only Ney and Suarez in the poll

Let's see whom Barcaforum rates more, Ney or Sukki.

Thanks (if someone will do it)

Neymar would be in the 1st half of season. Suarez in the 2nd. But considering that this is Suarez's first season here and hasn't been playing football for 4 months...I'll wait till the end of the season and decide, but so far Suarez is in the slight lead for me.

BBZ8800

BBZ do you think out with Barca La Liga is weaker as a whole than ten years ago?

Do you agree the top 5/6 teams are better than 5 years ago and the CL a higher standard?

I don't have an opinion about top 5-6 teams.
In 2000's Valencia played CL finals, and Deportivo was always in knockout rounds of a CL.

Let's say it this way:
2000:
-- Barca+Real were earning 20 Millions per Season
-- Valencia, Depor, Atletico, XX team = 10 Millions per Season
-- all other teams = 5 Millions per Season

2015:
-- Barca+Real=100 Millions per Season
-- Atletico, Sevilla, Valencia, xx=30 Millions per Season
-- all other teams = 5 Millions per Season

So, you see, it is irrelevant how strong are top 5-6 teams.
The problem with statpading came from matches against bottom 10 teams.

In 2000-2005, we were winning 2:0 and 3:0 on average against those bottom teams.
Today, we are winning 6:0 and 8:0 against them.

So, you see, statpading goals didn't came against Real, Atletico or Valencia (even though you can win 5:0 sometimes even here), but on larger sample, the difference between Barca+Real and bottom 10 teams from La liga is much larger now than in 1995, 2000 or 2005.

So, goals against top 10 teams are more or less the same, or only slightly higher.
But we (Barca and Real) score much more against those bottom teams, and this is why we jumped from 70-80 goals from La liga to 100-110-120 lately.
And this is why our key Fcs jumped from 25-30 goals to 40-50 goals.

So, forget that argument about Sevilla and Atletico in a CL or Uefa cup.
It has nothing to do with statpading.

Cordoba, Almeria and similar clubs (and our huge rise in income) caused these problems.

Barcalove

Banned
Not true at all. We used to bitch a lot about Suarez, some veterans here are on constant criticism (Busi, Iniesta, Mascherano...), but hey, nobody cares.
But as soon as you touch Neymar, labels are being thrown at you.

Personally I don't mind being wrong. In fact, I hope I am and Neyboy blasts everybody on Wednesday.

Of course they dont care, beucase they arent perfoming that good, our midfield is currently being called our weak spot, iniesta just did his first assist in the league not so far ago.

And suarez were criticized when he was missing sitter after sitter, while having 3 goals with 30 shots, and still people were defeding him saying he had a good presence on the field, opening spaces for teammates and assisting

Now neymar, even when he is doing a great work, people criticize him, he just did 3 goals in a quarter final of champions, but people still criticize him

StarLord

One of the main reasons why opposition fans do not like to give Neymar any credit at all, is because they still can to a certain extent (does not have the legendary status and success of Messi, and remember that even Messi in this age was still not fully acknowledged, especially by the EPL fans)

Two, they absolutely loathe the idea that Barca managed to sign up the most talented young player on the planet. This fact annoys other fans no end. Madridistas liked to boast about Bale (as did EPL fanbois) Chelsea fans also hold a huge grudge versus Neymar because they absolutely hate the idea that he is superior to their beloved Hazard.

A few months back, you could also find the vast majority of Bayernistas claiming that Gotze was better than Neymar :)lol:) So you see, there are several anti-Neymar agendas around...

JamDav1982

Why stretch it to 2000-2005?

Specifically in 2004/05, 2005/06 and 2008/09 La Liga and CL is much stronger now.

As much as you wont admit it, it is easy to see.

BBZ8800

How can bayern fans' opinion be a reliable tool, they probably dont even watch barca games :p

By they are neutral.
They don't like neither Messi, Suarez or Ney.

So, when they say that someone is good, he is probably good.
(For example, of whom are you afraid in Bayern, you see, you are not biased when answering)

While some of our fans are biased if they are from Brasil, or if Ney is their idol, or if they like youtube tricks, or if they like him as a person etc.
So, an opinion from a fan who is not sentimental about Barca can tell you more.

The same about Bartra, lol.
90% of people here think that he should play instead of Vermaelen, for example.

But 90% of people outside of Barca think that Verm is a much better player.
That's the point.
We are biased towards some players.

JamDav1982

By they are neutral.
They don't like neither Messi, Suarez or Ney.

So, when they say that someone is good, he is probably good.
(For example, of whom are you afraid in Bayern, you see, you are not biased when answering)

While some of our fans are biased if they are from Brasil, or if Ney is their idol, or if they like youtube tricks, or if they like him as a person etc.
So, an opinion from a fan who is not sentimental about Barca can tell you more.

That's the point.

As usual BBZ tries to make a point about what everyone else thinks to argue against it......hows the poll going?

BBZ8800

Why stretch it to 2000-2005?

Specifically in 2004/05, 2005/06 and 2008/09 La Liga and CL is much stronger now.

As much as you wont admit it, it is easy to see.

I think that I have explained everything in that post with 5-10-20 Millions and 5-30-100 Millions earnings.

That's the whole story.
Nothing about how xx club in a CL or uefa cup has anything to do with that.

JamDav1982

I think that I have explained everything in that post with 5-10-20 Millions and 5-30-100 Millions earnings.

That's the whole story.
Nothing about how xx club in a CL or uefa cup has anything to do with that.

Barca started getting the big money in 2005.

Other teams money has not changed all that much but the top 4/5 teams have got stronger.

That's the point.

Note how there is little contradiction between those two statements.
And I wouldn't trust a bayern fan's opinion of barça over a barça fan lol, and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans