11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

what's greater than a world cup?

R9 won 3 ballon d'or and 2 world cup and never took football serious (like cr7 and messi do)

He has 1 Ballon D'or technically speaking. He won 3 Fifa World Player of the year awards though.

Also he very much took football seriously, the guy packed on a lot of muscle and clearly worked hard on his physique. Unfortunately injuries ruined him.

Still for me there are 4 players who stand out above the rest, Pele, Maradona, Messi and R9.

mark1nhu

He has 1 Ballon D'or technically speaking. He won 3 Fifa World Player of the year awards though.

Also he very much took football seriously, the guy packed on a lot of muscle and clearly worked hard on his physique. Unfortunately injuries ruined him.

Still for me there are 4 players who stand out above the rest, Pele, Maradona, Messi and R9.

And he was a spectator on his first WC. I guess he even didn't get minutes, because he was a youngster.

About his dedication, he was not even close of Messi and CR in that matter. He was a party hard celebrity.

Not Dinho's level, but still a party hard.

IF he was like CR in that matter, he could easily accomplished much more. The potential to be a undisputable legend was always there.

P.S. 1: I consider him a legend, I am talking about being a UNDISPUTABLE legend to everyone eyes. Not all people praise him that high.

P.S. 2: I compared him to CR on dedication matters. He was waaay above as a whole player.

Last edited:

Stric

Nah he just has them hiked up. R10 now he truly had short training shorts or at least raises them up. Maybe it provides better mobility?

It certainly does. Most players wear shorts lower than they were designed to be worn. I don't know how they play like that.

RMU ReBorn

I don't mean anything bad, but some of us felt the similar way when people said that Ney is already better than Ronnie or Etoo in their prime.

For example, you like Messi a lot, I guess (your nickname is Mehssi here), but for example, this is my prediction:
1. at first it was:
-- Messi is a Goat, Ney is in Top5 players in the world
2. currently people here are saying:
-- Messi is a Goat, Ney is the 2nd best player in the world
3. now imagine 2-3 years from now, if Messi will decline and if Ney will develop further, people will start to say:
-- Neymar is the best player in the world, Messi is not the best anymore
4. and then, imagine if Neymar will be the best in the world for 2-3 years and if Barca will win some CLs, new generation of fans will start to say:
= omg, Neymar is the best player who has ever lived on Earth, he is a goat, he is better than Messi at his prime

So, not all fans will say that, but Neyfans and some younger fans who will start to watch football in 2015 or 2018, and who will see only Neymar skills, and who weren't able to witness Messi in his golden years, and those guys will just repeat all the time: Ney is the best player ever

I have witnessed the same scenario a lot of times till now, and people/media/fans every time hail the new player more and more.
And the new guy always seems to be "even better" than the last superstar.

For example, when I started to watch football, Maradona was considered as the best player ever.
1. so, it was Maradona, as a no1
2. then, Brasilian Ronaldo, Il Phenomeno emerged, and suddenly, after only 2 world class seasons, all the media were saying:
"Ronaldo is the best player who has ever lived"
3. sadly, he suffered horrible injuries, and then Zidane emerged
-- now, people weren't exactly saying that Zidane is the best ever, but suddenly he was world's number 1, and people said that he is almost as good as Maradona, or at least in top3-4 ever with: Maradona, Brasilian Ronaldo and Pele
4. then Ronaldinho emerged around 2003-2004-2005, in the same period when Zidane started to decline, and the world needed "a new champion", a new superstar
Yes, Ronnie was awesome, but guess what? He was again hailed as the best player in the world, and if not the best ever, then at least one out of top 2-3 players ever with Maradona and Pele
-- so, you see, when Ronnie emerged, Brasilian Ronaldo and Zidane were forgotten very fast, and they dropped from top3 ever
5. then Ronnie started to party and lost his form, and the world needed a new star
-- luckily, young Messi was emerging back then
-- guess what? =omg, this is the best player who has ever lived (well, I agree with that remark this time, but you see, media and fans are using that stupid remark each 2-3-4 years for any new world class player)
-- Messi was now hailed as the greatest ever, and Zidane and Brasilian Ronaldo were dropping more and more on eternal Top 3 list
6. then, CR7 emerged, and he is now hailed as a player closest to Messi
-- so, CR7 is not the best ever (even though Real's fans will say that he is the best player ever), but still, he is now considered by a lot of football fans as the 2nd best player who has ever lived (you know that pics, memes and everything: how when Messi and Cr7 will be gone, we will never witness similar wizzards anymore, ever again, lol) (lol is about CR7's part)
-- so, Maradona, Pele, Zidane, Ronnie, Brasilian Ronaldo are again forgotten, and Messi and CR7 are the 2 best players ever :rolleyes:

Well, till now, I guess that everyone could have learned the pattern.
Young Ney is emerging, Messi and CR7 are getting older, and Fifa, sponsors and new generation of fans need new idols/heroes.

My prediction is simple, as I wrote above:
-- in 1-2-3 years, people will start to say that Neymar is better than the current Messi
-- and then, a few years after, if Ney will stay on top for 2-3-4 years, new generation of fans will start to say that Neymar on his prime is better than Messi on his prime

And in 5-6-7-8 years, some new gems will emerge, and the next superstar will be "even better" (lol) than Neymar, Messi, Ronnie etc.
:rolleyes:

Again, I don't mean anything bad, but imo, it is extremely silly and annoying.
And if you are now offended by posts how Ney is better than Messi, well, you will see more and more of those posts over time.
This user is maybe trolling, but there will be more users who will say the same thing in the future.

(And before someone replies: But Ney is better than Etoo, and Ney is NOT better than Messi.
= that is irrelevant
-- you can't measure how good a player is, especially if they played in different eras

But the only thing which is repeating all the time is a silly bias towards current players, as you may experience now and in the future in the new Neygoat vs Messigoat debate.
At Ney's current age Messi already won 2 ballon d'ors . Enough said

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
My top 3 would probably be in no particular order
Phenom
Messi
Maradona

Ronaldinho faded out to quickly, way tooo quickly for his talent and for that he shouldn't be included as much as i love him. Zidane, imo falls short still alongside those 3 Gods. Cr7 Lol. Pele i cannot say because i know nothing of him except his ridiculous goal records tbh im sure he was great but i cant say exactly.

Ekul

I'm not saying Neymar is as good or better than Neymar (or ever will be), not for one minute, but that's a poor argument. The reason Neymar or anybody else his age could not do what Messi did and win the Ballon d'or aged 21 is simple - because Messi is playing. A 21 year old Maradona wouldn't win the Ballon d'or in this era.

JamDav1982

At Ney's current age Messi already won 2 ballon d'ors . Enough said

There is no Neymar v Messi debate from anyone.

Messi is the best ever and Neymar nor anyone else currently playing will ever be on his level.

BBZ - tries to change the direction of the debate to make out it is Messi v Neymar which isnt the case.

Of course we can compare players from different eras, people do it all the time. How can we measure if Messi is better than Maradona and Pele if they played in different eras?

Not goint to be lectured on respecting players from when BBZ claims Messi is a stat padder in an easy era and Ronaldinho only won one of his WPOTY awards due to a FIFA conspiracy.

CatalinR10

I'm not saying Neymar is as good or better than Neymar

668.gif

N

Nicosur de la Braila

The reason Neymar or anybody else his age could not do what Messi did and win the Ballon d'or aged 21 is simple - because Messi is playing. A 21 year old Maradona wouldn't win the Ballon d'or in this era.

Messi had the team playing for him since 20 years old, build a team playing for Neymar and he'll show what he's capable :) Just watch Neymar playing for Brazil, is there ANYONE as good as him when he plays for brazil? i don't think so.
You guys underrate him too much, saying that he can't reach Messi's level. Messi got lucky because he had GUARDIOLA WHO SENT RONALDINHO OFF to give Messi a chance to play his full potential, with Ronaldinho playing there he would never be who he is today, i mean it. Unfortunatelly Neymar won't have a ''guardiola'' to send messi off and give Neymar a chance to have his own team. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans