11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Neymar can do a lot better. His form went to sh!t when his tax issues happened and it hasn't recovered.

He has everything in his locker to reach the heights Messi has but at the moment I don't think he has the right level of motivation or confidence even. I drop him for a game or two to give him a kick up the backside and I'd do the same with Busquets but who is truly a viable alternative for both players who know they will start no matter what. Competition is healthy and there is no real competition to push them to do better despite the signings made this summer.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Neymar can do a lot better. His form went to sh!t when his tax issues happened and it hasn't recovered.

He has everything in his locker to reach the heights Messi has but at the moment I don't think he has the right level of motivation or confidence even. I drop him for a game or two to give him a kick up the backside and I'd do the same with Busquets but who is truly a viable alternative for both players who know they will start no matter what. Competition is healthy and there is no real competition to push them to do better despite the signings made this summer.

Not sure if we can drop him completely but I wouldn't mind Lucho subbing Arda for him in half a game just so he knows that we know he's playing badly.

Never thought i'd say that, about either Neymar or Arda ... but this non sense has gone on long enough, he's had everything he asked for and then some so he could feel good and focus on giving us the best football we know he has in him.

Something needs to be done to wake him up, not sure what, but something.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's fine, but how do you get Suarez going then? And how do you get the team creating more chances, because the whole situation seem to be a bit dire at the moment. Even in the games we've won, we haven't really been that convincing. Especially now with Messi out.

Several goals coming from crosses recently lol

Vlom

That's fine, but how do you get Suarez going then? And how do you get the team creating more chances, because the whole situation seem to be a bit dire at the moment. Even in the games we've won, we haven't really been that convincing. Especially now with Messi out.

Several goals coming from crosses recently lol

I would do the same to Suarez, with Paco, in a game we're winning or we think we could win..

I agree that even when we won we weren't good, but that's another issue, on Lucho in my opinion, with the excessive experiments.

Suarez and Neymar's form is more on them individually, again, imho.

JamDav1982

Lucho wont drop Neymar or Suarez as they are match winners that even when poor can possibly pull out a moment to win a game.

Seen it in the past that Lucho with the front three wont drop them for lack of form but he prefers to try and play them back in.

Even playing poorly Neymar is almost always impacting the game at the right end. Granted today it was a pen but he scored it under a bit of pressure when in past Barca have missed a lot and been slated for it.

The midfield and the defence slow passing and over using Ter Stegen are bigger issues.

The team is so built for Messi is is not as easy as just crrying on and someone taking his place.

Ney, Suarez, the midfield with Raki as cover etc the whole system is tailored to Messi and Lucho doesnt yet know best way to set them up without him.

I think his biggest fuck up has been over thinking it and using different formations and players.

Last edited:

Vlom

It's both, we need Ney and Suarez to up their game, AND Lucho to stop playing around with formations, all of this combined is resulting in the nightmare displays we're whitnessing now :/

Bar Alves we still have all the players that beat madrid 4-0 without Messi and managed to stay top of the league.. why is this year so different ?

Barcilliant

It's both, we need Ney and Suarez to up their game, AND Lucho to stop playing around with formations, all of this combined is resulting in the nightmare displays we're whitnessing now :/

Bar Alves we still have all the players that beat madrid 4-0 without Messi and managed to stay top of the league.. why is this year so different ?

It's different because we have alot more options and Lucho is over thinking and rotating too much.

Neymar needs to step up his game. He's been out of form since February this year.

He has too many distractions with all this celebrity bullshit.

I hope we are not heading for another 07-08 season.

There seems to be a distinct lack of hunger in the side at the moment.

JamDav1982

It's different because we have alot more options and Lucho is over thinking and rotating too much.

Neymar needs to step up his game. He's been out of form since February this year.

He has too many distractions with all this celebrity bullshit.

I hope we are not heading for another 07-08 season.

There seems to be a distinct lack of hunger in the side at the moment.

I dont see a lack of hunger at all. They worked their knackers off to try and get back in game after formation was sorted.

Lucho is doing a bit what Pep did in his last season he started changing formations etc as he could see the problems coming later on in season by way teams had adapted to them.

Never worked for Pep though and by the Copa final that season he was back to 4-3-3.

gasgas

May be he needs a coach who can exercise his authority over the team and tell him to play for the team

He has the ability to lead Barca, but he seems to lose his head

DonAK

It's not about a lack of hunger or losing your mind. It's simply about playing like you got your head up your ass. Honestly cannot understand how difficult it is to use your pace and agility to dribble and actually challenge the defender. He's done it so many times to perfection.

gasgas

I heard Madrid players were trying to get Benitez fired

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
May be he needs a coach who can exercise his authority over the team and tell him to play for the team

He has the ability to lead Barca, but he seems to lose his head

giphy.gif

DonAK

Pep outlined a plan for Sterling and made him look like gold. He's very strict in his things too. Perhaps it's time Lucho does the same. Tell Neymar how it is. Cut out the bad habits.

Unless.....

Lucho is the one telling Neymar to hold the ball so long and do all that :thinking:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Starting to get fed up with his useless dribbles, constantly being disposed easily not making easy passes and letting the team help him out. A couple of times a game he can try some crazy sh*t, but if he fu*ks up again and than play simple - u ain't Messi dippsh*t!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans