11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBZ8800

No, simply no, no one ever claimed what you saying.
If they did, im sure you going to post it here, right?

This is painful now, because this sounds as my word against your word.
How on earth can I now prove that media were saying those things which I wrote?

There weren't internet forums in 1997 and even in Zidane's era, and how can I find articles from papers or from Tv commentators from 1997 or 2000?

What is the point then?
I will say that it was this way back then, you will say that it wasn't.

I can only hope that some of other users who were watching football both in Ronaldo's, Zidane's and Ronaldinho's era will leave a comment.

Then we can say: I was wrong or my claims are true.

If you or anyone has any better ideas how to resolve this theory/claim, feel free to post it.

BBZ - how did the FIFA conspiracy for Ronaldinho to win work?

Did they advise journalists, players, fans, managers and captains to vote this way.

That is literally hundreds of people, none of whom have ever said they were told how to vote by FIFA.

Jam, sorry, let's finish the Ronnie/Etoo story.
I really have no idea how to prove something from 2006'.
I can't find any articles now in 2015.
(I am telling how a lot of fans felt back then, and what stories were floating around the internet)

I posted a few forums threads.
If that is not enough, ok.
Ronnie was better, and Etoo deservedly didn't win it.

Last edited:

Barcalove

Banned
BBZ - how did the FIFA conspiracy for Ronaldinho to win work?

Did they advise journalists, players, fans, managers and captains to vote this way.

That is literally hundreds of people, none of whom have ever said they were told how to vote by FIFA.

You act like some forums prove Etoo was more highly regarded than Ronaldinho at time. He wasn't at all Ronaldinho was always held up as Barcas best player at that time for the vast majority.

You will always get some people who prefer another player or some who try to be hipsters and tell us the 'real' best player.

Have had similar threads about Xavi/Iniesta being real brains of Barca and more influential than Messi. It means nothing in bigger picture.
Ronaldinho won Bd'or only because of media and barça money, etoo was a African too, Messi is only a idol created because of the lack of superstars.
BBZfacts

BBZ8800

Ronaldinho won Bd'or only because of media and barça money, etoo was a African too, Messi is only a idol created because of the lack of superstars.
BBZfacts

Wtf?
Messi is the best ever, but even his "fame" is overhyped and will fade over time, this is what I am saying (as for every player in any CURRENT era)
I never said that Messi is not the best ever.

About Ronnie and Etoo, Ronnie was the best player in the world, but Etoo was almost as good as him.
And stories and fans on internet were saying back then that etoo can't win it because he is not marketable.

Even Etoo himself said that.
Do you even remember that story?
I guess you don't remember that either, lol.

It is not as if I invented that story.
Etoo told that to newspapers when he was pissed with Fifa awards.
And a lot of people agreed with him.

Barcalove

Banned
This is painful now, because this sounds as my word against your word.
How on earth can I now prove that media were saying those things which I wrote?

There weren't internet forums in 1997 and even in Zidane's era, and how can I find articles from papers or from Tv commentators from 1997 or 2000?

What is the point then?
I will say that it was this way back then, you will say that it wasn't.

I can only hope that some of other users who were watching football both in Ronaldo's, Zidane's and Ronaldinho's era will leave a comment.

Then we can say: I was wrong or my claims are true.

If you or anyone has any better ideas how to resolve this theory/claim, feel free to post it.

Jam, sorry, let's finish the Ronnie/Etoo story.
I really have no idea how to prove something from 2006'.
I can't find any articles now in 2015.
(I am telling how a lot of fans felt back then, and what stories were floating around the internet)

I posted a few forums threads.
If that is not enough, ok.
Ronnie was better, and Etoo deservedly didn't win it.
I can find a article of ronaldinho being signed by barcelona in 2003, but you cant find article stating your point?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/3079815.stm

JamDav1982

Wtf?
Messi is the best ever, but even his "fame" is overhyped and will fade over time, this is what I am saying (as for every player in any CURRENT era)
I never said that Messi is not the best ever.

About Ronnie and Etoo, Ronnie was the best player in the world, but Etoo was almost as good as him.
And stories and fans on internet were saying back then that etoo can't win it because he is not marketable.

It is not as if I invented that story.
Etoo told that to newspapers when he was pissed with Fifa awards.
And a lot of people agreed with him.

Etoo was amongst the most marketable winners FIFA could have had, they were desperate to increase the popularity of football in Africa. Hence giving the the World Cup.

Bitter players say shit all the time. Doesn't mean it has any basis in fact at all.

The FIFA vote is about highest Etoo came on any vote that year so hardly as if they are the ones who worked against him.

Barcalove

Banned
On a 2006 board

"Put a drogba in barcelona he would be world class.but put an etoo in chelsea,and see the bad side of him, etoo is only lucky 2 play in a club where he is allowed to play wants, and gets good passes 4rm dinho,deco,guily etc, unlike drogba who is often called a defensive striker,cos he has to play what the coach wants, see what is happening2 shevi now"

"If I had a star studded squad and i need someone just to poach for goals I will pick Eto'o over Drogba but on the contrary if I have a low profile team and still need to do the damage I will most def go for Drogba.I also think Drogba will perform in any team he finds himself in but i cannot say the same thing about Eto'o.Let's be frank Eto'o is better at scoring goals.Eto'o can be outshone by his team mates in most teams(Barcelona, cameroon etc) he plays for but he still does his job of scoring goals.On the other hand Drogba is not often outshone by his team mates (Chelsea, Ivory coast), rather he enforces a form of responsibility on himself to do the scoring."
--

So people thought that he was a poacher, and not even better than drogba, so you are wrong, they didnt thought that he was close to ronnie.

And you see how much those posts are similar to some in the neymar thread?

BBZ8800

I can find a article of ronaldinho being signed by barcelona in 2003, but you cant find article stating your point?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/3079815.stm

Because signing of Ronaldinho was published in like every newspaper in the world.

Etoo's comment about Fifa was published in Marca, As, Sport, Mundo Deportivo, in English papers etc.

So, let's say that you don't remember that story.

Etoo was amongst the most marketable winners FIFA could have had, they were desperate to increase the popularity of football in Africa. Hence giving the the World Cup.

Bitter players say shit all the time. Doesn't mean it has any basis in fact at all.

The FIFA vote is about highest Etoo came on any vote that year so hardly as if they are the ones who worked against him.

I don't know till when you will repeat the same thing over and over.
I gave you that thread from 2006.
It is extremely clear, for example, that Etoo was a favorite from neutral football fans.
Also, it is clear from posts in 2006 that Ronnie and Etoo were hailed as equally good players by neutral fans back then.

Somehow, history was revisioned later and now it looks perfectly normal that Ronnie is better.

Since I can't find too many articles from that era, this debate doesn't make sense.
It will be: my word against someone else's word.

BBZ8800

On a 2006 board

"Put a drogba in barcelona he would be world class.but put an etoo in chelsea,and see the bad side of him, etoo is only lucky 2 play in a club where he is allowed to play wants, and gets good passes 4rm dinho,deco,guily etc, unlike drogba who is often called a defensive striker,cos he has to play what the coach wants, see what is happening2 shevi now"

"If I had a star studded squad and i need someone just to poach for goals I will pick Eto'o over Drogba but on the contrary if I have a low profile team and still need to do the damage I will most def go for Drogba.I also think Drogba will perform in any team he finds himself in but i cannot say the same thing about Eto'o.Let's be frank Eto'o is better at scoring goals.Eto'o can be outshone by his team mates in most teams(Barcelona, cameroon etc) he plays for but he still does his job of scoring goals.On the other hand Drogba is not often outshone by his team mates (Chelsea, Ivory coast), rather he enforces a form of responsibility on himself to do the scoring."
--

So people thought that he was a poacher, and not even better than drogba, so you are wrong, they didnt thought that he was close to ronnie.

And you see how much those posts are similar to some in the neymar thread?

Some people thought he was a poacher, other thought he is the best player in the world, or AT LEAST equal to Ronaldinho.
For example:
"But what did Ronaldinho do more than Eto'o this year?"
= this is how neutral fans thought back then, or at least a lot of them

Then revisionism turned later Ronnie into a much better player.
That is all I am saying.

People and media are "changing" history all the time.
In one moment you are hailed, in other you are just a regular player.
And they later say (after a few years) that you were never that good, lol. (Even though they hailed you)

JamDav1982

Because signing of Ronaldinho was published in like every newspaper in the world.

Etoo's comment about Fifa was published in Marca, As, Sport, Mundo Deportivo, in English papers etc.

So, let's say that you don't remember that story.

I don't know till when you will repeat the same thing over and over.
I gave you that thread from 2006.
It is extremely clear, for example, that Etoo was a favorite from neutral football fans.
Also, it is clear from posts in 2006 that Ronnie and Etoo were hailed as equally good players by neutral fans back then.

Somehow, history was revisioned later and now it looks perfectly normal that Ronnie is better.

Since I can't find too many articles from that era, this debate doesn't make sense.

It will be: my word against someone else's word.

No you gave a few random forums that many people had different opinions of who was the best player.

There is an easy way to see who was considered the best player at the time amongst world football...by them voting on it.

Ronaldinho won every vote - players, journalists, fans, managers.

Unreal to think a few random forums over rides that as where to get the overall opinion of who was the better player.

It is not your word vs someone elses. It is there in history who was considered the better player by the majority.

It could be your word vs someone elses as to who you consider the best but not who was considered the best in general. That's the difference.

NotInHere

No way will Leos fame fade away... It's just not his talent that will transcend time, its the longetivity to which he has performed at an amazing level, you think messi will stop mesmerizing the world once he loses speed? Nope.

Barcalove

Banned
Some people thought he was a poacher, other thought he is the best player in the world, or AT LEAST equal to Ronaldinho.
For example:
"But what did Ronaldinho do more than Eto'o this year?"
= this is how neutral fans thought back then, or at least a lot of them

Then revisionism turned later Ronnie into a much better player.
That is all I am saying.

People and media are "changing" history all the time.
In one moment you are hailed, in other you are just a regular player.
And they later say (after a few years) that you were never that good, lol. (Even though they hailed you)
What? I also gave you a 2006 post

N

Nicosur de la Braila

BBZ my friend, the world will fall on your shoulders here anytime that you say anything that doesn't please messi's fans :whistle:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
BBZ my friend, the world will fall on your shoulders here anytime that you say anything that doesn't please messi's fans :whistle:

lol welcome again anti-argentina, BBZ didn't actually say anything against Messi, you should take some time to familiarize yourself with the forum and it's members before you keep saying stupid stuff like this.

Barcalove

Banned
lol welcome again anti-argentina, BBZ didn't actually say anything against Messi, you should take some time to familiarize yourself with the forum and it's members before you keep saying stupid stuff like this.
And he is bashing every top player, not only messi

Jadentheman

Hypervenom 2 looks so much better. Hope they have a special CL edition one for Ney. And it better be white.gold :D

nike-hypervenom-II-02.jpg

nike-hypervenom-II-03-864x576.jpg

nike-hypervenom-II-07.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans