Sergi Palencia

messi1995

HAHAHHAHA you are retarded as fuck. I said Palencia share a similiar way of playing as Abidal. Both defends more than they attack, but when they defends they are solid. Very offensive players in Barca are players like Alves, Alba and Adriano. Everybody could see that Alves played as winger because he was so offensive unlike Abidal. I can see Palencia share that way of playing as Abidal. Never said he was good as him.

Puyol was shit as RB and CB but started perform good after working hard. He fits CB better.

You are keep saying he won't make it due his physicality, but deny it when I confront it with you. I don't care if he's not physically strong enough for god sake. I have seen him being impressing in defending so what the hell are you talking about? I saw no mistake from him last season and he was rock solid in defence. How can you be the only person to say that he has been shit? Are you deluded or something? You keep saying he lack technical abilities, but nobody can confirm it. Gerard lopez is happy with his technical side of playing and Pique praised him not long ago for being a monster in defence. And the Barca board + Valverde wanted to give him a 4 years contract because of him being impressive. But a idiot that knows nothing about him keep talking about him being weak physically and technically when no one can confirm it. Do you think a shit players get 4 years contract for fun? Then why not to Gumbau then? But ofc we should listen to JamDav1982, the same twat that said Gumbau had a better season than Marlon. We will see Palencia shining while you will take the L from me. Hide somewhere else when he do that.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

HAHAHHAHA you are retarded as fuck. I said Palencia share a similiar way of playing as Abidal. Both defends more than they attack, but when they defends they are solid. Very offensive players in Barca are players like Alves, Alba and Adriano. Everybody could see that Alves played as winger because he was so offensive unlike Abidal. I can see Palencia share that way of playing as Abidal. Never said he was good as him.

Puyol was shit as RB and CB but started perform good after working hard. He fits CB better.

You are keep saying he won't make it due his physicality, but deny it when I confront it with you. I don't care if he's not physically strong enough for god sake. I have seen him being impressing in defending so what the hell are you talking about? I saw no mistake from him last season and he was rock solid in defence. How can you be the only person to deny that he has been shit? Are you deluded or something? You keep saying he lack technical abilities, but nobody can confirm it. Gerard lopez is happy with his technical side of playing and Pique praised him not long ago for being a monster in defence. And the Barca board + Valverde wanted to give him a 4 years conctract because of him being impressive. But a idiot that knows nothing about him keep talking about him being weak physically and technically when no one can agree with you. Do you think a shit players get 4 years contract for fun? Then why not to Gumbau then? But ofc we should listen to JamDav1982, the same twat that said Gumbau had a better season than Marlon. We will see Palencia shining while you will take the L from me. Hide somewhere else when he do that.

No Palencia plays nothing like Abidal. Have you ever seen Abidal?

The fact they are both more defensive full backs means nothing. Abidal used to be able to step in and help cover at CB when Alves bombed on.

Absolutely terrible comparison if think they shared any similar way of playing.

No I have said time and time again in my opinion to make it as a full back at Barca EITHER have to have the technical ability to play almost as a winger or in extreme cases like Alves play like a CM/RW.

IF cannot do that then the other type of full backs that has succeeded has been likes of Abidal who was actually very good on the ball but had all the defensive ability to play as a CB to a first team standard.

Puyol lacked some technical aspects and made up for it with effort and physicality that Palencia doesn have in my opinion.

It is my opinion. Could be wrong lets wait and see how it goes.

You speak some utter garbage and keep arguing against things you made up to argue against.

I know nothing about Palencia and dont watch B team? Great argument. Go back and look to see who was one of if not first to start the Puyol comparisons.

Not saying anyone has to listen to me. Dont give a fuck if anyone agrees or not. Just giving opinion.

He wasnt given a four year contract anyway. He was given a two year extension probably on very low wages. Doesnt mean much.

messi1995

Great for you, but I have also opinions. You say Palencia won't make it due his lack of being a Alves type of Player? But if you have watched him this season he was offensive enough, maybe not as Alves. When he's defending he normally pocket Left wingers which is great. Lahm is not offensive as Alves, he was a bit of defensive and offensive which reminds me very much of Palencia. Of Barca players he reminds me much of Abidal because of him defending more than being offensive. Palencia needs to be more involved offensive of course, but doesn't mean he can't attack. When he's defending he can also cover for others. Normally when the Centerbacks mess up, he intercept the ball and running forward. I'm not saying he did good as Alves and Abidal, but you can't deny that he's been class this season if you really watched Barca B game as you said.

He got a two year extension yes, but it shows you that only few people can be rewarded with this like him and Aleña. Lower wages is because he's still a youth player. But of couse we have different opinions so we should stop arguing.

JamDav1982

Great for you, but I have also opinions. You say Palencia won't make it due his lack of being a Alves type of Player? But if you have watched him this season he was offensive enough, maybe not as Alves. When he's defending he normally pocket Left wingers which is great. Lahm is not offensive as Alves, he was a bit of defensive and offensive which reminds me very much of Palencia. Of Barca players he reminds me much of Abidal because of him defending more than being offensive. Palencia needs to be more involved offensive of course, but doesn't mean he can't attack. When he's defending he can also cover for others. Normally when the Centerbacks mess up, he intercept the ball and running forward. I'm not saying he did good as Alves and Abidal, but you can't deny that he's been class this season if you really watched Barca B game as you said.

He got a two year extension yes, but it shows you that only few people can be rewarded with this like him and Aleña. Lower wages is because he's still a youth player. But of couse we have different opinions so we should stop arguing.

None of this is about trying to change anyones opinion. Not for me anyway.

I watched him plenty last season. You can choose to believe that or not I dont care. For me he doesnt have enough going forward and at that level should dominate more if he does.

Lahm is very offensive and can has played in midfield he is brilliant on the ball. Whether or not he is as offensive as Alves doesnt matter.

He was good last season and for me his attitude stood out more than any real first team quality.

I think they dont particularly rate him that highly in the club and are stalling on making any final decision on him being good enough as are stung by the criticism about lack of emphasis on La Masia.

Maybe not and they do rate him and he will break through. If had to bet on it would say he wont but not trying to state that as a fact or persuade anyone who likes him I am right as doesnt matter it will all play out one way or another.

messi1995

Yeah understand you. We will see and hopefully Palencia can attack more even if I think he has been great so far. We will see then? Nothing more I can say than I agree he should play more offensive like Alves. But he's young and was never a big RB talent, so I choose to trust him because he's been really good. He's where he's is because of his hardwork.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
mascherano-river_903349683.jpg

God Serena

At this point you have to wonder who is likely to start a few games for us in a row first- Palencia, or Semedo?

messi1995

Don't know if I'm right but I think Semedo is better offensive while Palencia defensive? Palencia is like Mascherano and Puyol when he's defending while Semedo can be an very offensive FB like Alves.

Nothanks

Semedo is better defensively than offensively although he is good at both I think he is better than Palencia in almost every aspect.

xXKonan

Got his chance and yeah he was bad.

Got skinned too easily and lost the ball in some bad spots. Mina and Cuenca had to bail him out a lot.

xXKonan

[tw]971520565306634240[/tw]

[tw]971520565306634240[/tw]

I mean I like the kid but what has he shown that he deserves to be ahead of Semedo? I'm baffled by Santi Ovalle on this. He was the weakest link the back line today, he was getting skinned and bullied and gave the ball away in some really shitty areas forcing Yerry and Cuenca to bail him out.

Semedo has flaws but the level between them is no contest.

Home of Barca Fans