Sergi Palencia

F

FlaFCB

[tw]833065218901159936[/tw]

"As martinez ferran tells me, great game from Palencia in the Barça B victory. May they keep looking for a rb..."

xXKonan

[tw]833065218901159936[/tw]

"As martinez ferran tells me, great game from Palencia in the Barça B victory. May they keep looking for a rb..."
He's been Barca B's best and most consistent player during this season.

I wish we just give him at least a chance. I mean it can't hurt can it?

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

He's been Barca B's best and most consistent player during this season.

I wish we just give him at least a chance. I mean it can't hurt can it?

Apparently it can hurt lucho's ego, as he doesn't like Palencia for some reason. I don't think he likes to be proven wrong.

xXKonan

Apparently it can hurt lucho's ego, as he doesn't like Palencia for some reason. I don't think he likes to be proven wrong.
It's funny because Palencia, actually fits what Lucho wants out of a player. Strong Mentality and Hardworking.

Sure Palencia, may not be the most technical gifted player but you know damn well he will always try his damn hardest every game.

Zinedinho

Anyone remembers Chapi Ferrer, the usual RB from the Dream Team days? Palencia reminds me of him. Small, quite fast, not very technical, but ok, great attitude and defensively aggressive.

By the way, Cucurella is starting to play like Palencia. They're similar type of players.

JamDav1982

Still dont see the clamour for him.

Those highlights are not anything impressive for an almost 21 year old in third tier of Spanish football.

God Serena

Still dont see the clamour for him.

Those highlights are not anything impressive for an almost 21 year old in third tier of Spanish football.

It's more the fact that he's a RB who was given no chance when we didn't have a player of his position on the first team, than any argument of whether he's quality enough. I think most people who were frustrated with Lucho for not giving him even a single minute are more frustrated at how he doesn't even get a chance, and there have been plenty of opportunities to do so.

JamDav1982

It's more the fact that he's a RB who was given no chance when we didn't have a player of his position on the first team, than any argument of whether he's quality enough. I think most people who were frustrated with Lucho for not giving him even a single minute are more frustrated at how he doesn't even get a chance, and there have been plenty of opportunities to do so.

He has to be good enough to be given that chance though and too me looks nowhere close.

Looks to have a great attitude just not the quality and that is the most important part. Young players will only get the chance if they are good enough.

Roberto, Vidal are better right backs and would rather have a player like Masch or Rakitic out of position than play a younger player who doesnt merit a chance.

No manager will just give players a chance if not showing enough quality. Pep would play Busi, Masch, Toure even Adriano at CB when there were far better young players than Palencia in B team such as Bartra or Fontas who were Spanish youth intls and playing at a better level.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone remembers Chapi Ferrer, the usual RB from the Dream Team days? Palencia reminds me of him. Small, quite fast, not very technical, but ok, great attitude and defensively aggressive.

By the way, Cucurella is starting to play like Palencia. They're similar type of players.

Albert Ferrer was ok. I don't see Cucu as Palencia though. Cucu seems less reliable defensively.

Zinedinho

Albert Ferrer was ok. I don't see Cucu as Palencia though. Cucu seems less reliable defensively.

Really? I'm quite surprised with Cucu's performance, considering he's been recently playing with Juvenil A. That's a big step, and the guy plays like he's been in that league for over a year. In fact, I think Cucu is quite good, defensively.

Home of Barca Fans