Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sergi Palencia

New signing

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ldsix View Post
    LB again. He really would be useful to our first team. Shame Lucho has no intention of developing anyone.

Why the hell is he playing on the left side over and over again when his stronger foot is right?

I have never watched him, can someone compare him to Grimaldo? Is he better or worse? What are his strenghts and weaknesses? Is he first team material?
    Last edited by Raketa10; 2nd January 2017 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raketa10 View Post
    Why the hell is he playing on the left side over and over again when his stronger foot is right?

I have never watched him, can someone compare him to Grimaldo? Is he better or worse? What are his strenghts and weaknesses? Is he first team material?
    He can play either side and he's often needed on the left, so he plays there. He's a tremendously hard worker in the vein of Puyol which makes his defending quite solid, but from what I've seen of him he's not much of an upgrade over Roberto offensively.

He's honestly nowhere near Grimaldo but that's not really a fair comparison considering Grimaldo could and probably should be fighting for a starting spot in the first team even with Alba in the squad.

Point is that he's versatile and performs very well every time he plays LB (and RB for that matter). Nili has to play RB some times too instead of RW constantly. I don't think many Germans complained when Lahm played mostly LB, when most knew he was one of the best RB's in the world, if not the best.

Palencia's strengths are in defense, but he contributes in Barça B's attack too due to his constant running down the lines (he's pretty fast) and he likes to challenge opponents as well, unlike Alba, both at LB and RB.

I admit I haven't watched any B team games recently, but this guy surely must be better than current Bob?
    #Sampaoli2017

Quote Originally Posted by Chong Li View Post
    I admit I haven't watched any B team games recently, but this guy surely must be better than current Bob?
    Hard to say, but he's developing more rapidly, that's for sure. Turned in to a beast in 1,5 year and is only 20.

Licho out!
    It's strange he never got a chance. He's hardworking. Vidal is ostracized. So why not call him?

Quote Originally Posted by FlaFCB View Post
    It's strange he never got a chance. He's hardworking. Vidal is ostracized. So why not call him?
    Last season: Alba is injured, Adriano is crap, Mathieu is crap. Grimaldo is one of Europe's best young LB's, is Barça B's captain and best players. So why not call him?

Potato potato.

But now, it's even weirder. Palencia hasn't said no to a loan offer provided by Lucho and hasn't criticized Lucho publicly. Instead he's just bossing week in, week out, at RB and LB. Still not even called up for trainings either. Luckily he's still just 20 and could do with a season in Segunda A to show our possibly next coach he's got the qualities to play with the first team.

Licho out!
    Quote Originally Posted by navidjaan View Post
    Last season: Alba is injured, Adriano is crap, Mathieu is crap. Grimaldo is one of Europe's best young LB's, is Barça B's captain and best players. So why not call him?

Potato potato.

But now, it's even weirder. Palencia hasn't said no to a loan offer provided by Lucho and hasn't criticized Lucho publicly. Instead he's just bossing week in, week out, at RB and LB. Still not even called up for trainings either. Luckily he's still just 20 and could do with a season in Segunda A to show our possibly next coach he's got the qualities to play with the first team.
    It's weird. Even that no good Martinez has been called. I really don't get why he totally ignores Palencia.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaFCB View Post
    It's weird. Even that no good Martinez has been called. I really don't get why he totally ignores Palencia.
    My only theory is that Palencia is too important to Gerard López as captain and leader on/off the pitch. He's the glue in defense, which is an extremely important part of Barça B's team as almost all the teams in Segunda B have solid defenses.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by navidjaan View Post
    My only theory is that Palencia is too important to Gerard López as captain and leader on/off the pitch. He's the glue in defense, which is an extremely important part of Barça B's team as almost all the teams in Segunda B have solid defenses.
    Riiiight....

Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    Riiiight....
    It was more obvious when Lucho picked Gumbau over Samper, but now I actually think Lucho thinks Nili is better than Palencia.

I will say this: I've never seen him play but, at least on FIFA, he's a good, young back up player to have .
    peptastic