Sergi Palencia

xXKonan

Reading some of Gerard Romero's tweets, he reckons Lucho doesn't call Palencia up because he either doesn't like him or he doesn't fit the requirements that Lucho is looking for in a RB.

or my understanding of his tweets isn't very good.

https://twitter.com/gerardromero

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Reading some of Gerard Romero's tweets, he reckons Lucho doesn't call Palencia up because he either doesn't like him or he doesn't fit the requirements that Lucho is looking for in a RB.

or my understanding of his tweets isn't very good.

https://twitter.com/gerardromero

He's saying Lucho doesn't particularly like him or what he brings and that it's a difficult topic to talk about although Palencia will keep working hard and fight for the B team and that everything will come in its due time.

I don't know if Palencia will make it at the grand stage, but he's preferred by Gerard as RB/LB and is their captain, so the least he can get is a chance. Even if it is in a game we've already won, but then again Alena kept warming the bench so I doubt it'll happen.

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

I'd like to understand lucho's way of thinking. Gumbau was "an interesting player", but he doesn't like Palencia. It's so weird.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
[tw]831198093311877120[/tw]

"Nili is one of the few players in Barca B who have first division experience, and I make the decisions"

How does he expect the players to gain first division experience if he refuses to even consider them for the first team? :banghead:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Guess next he can call up Gumbau ahead of Alena since the former has first division experience :lucho:

xXKonan

I mean Roberto has a lot of "Experience" compared to someone like Palencia and Nili but I think even a blind man can see Roberto is struggling no matter who we play against these days in the RB spot. It's the same with Adriano vs Grimaldo. Adriano obviously the more experienced player but he wasn't anywhere near the player he once was by 2015, He was either injured or he just didn't look good at all even against small teams.

My point is yeah having experience is nice but if the player either passed it and has become a liability no matter how weak the opposition is or someone that just flat out isn't good enough to be effective in a position it becomes redundant regardless of how much experience the player has.

Nothing wrong with giving Palenica a chance. We seen enough of Bob to realize he just doesn't have the skill set to be effective Barcelona RB, with Vidal out why not give give the Kids a chance to see if they can bring more to the table than Roberto?

God Serena

Watching the first team ship sink when we have tools that may help sitting *right there* on the deck of the ship is the most painful thing in the world...

Galning

Of course. Nili is there just to make numbers.

And the kids know that too. With Pep, there was motivation for all youth players. If they performed they knew they'd get a shot sooner or later. Nowadays you can play your socks off and the best thing happening to you is either a loan or sale with buyback clause. A shame the youngsters aren't given a shot anymore, especially not if you see how the likes of Paco are playing.

Home of Barca Fans