Sergi Palencia

Jallo

How is this guys career progressing could he make a step up.as a back up.rb for the first team

Only time will tell, but he has the perfect opportunity this season. He will be the starter for the Barca B. He still has a lot of improving to do to reach the first team, a lot.

God Serena

If nothing else he has the right mentality on the pitch. He puts his heart into defending and gives his all on the attack. Depending on how Roberto works out as RB that may just have to be enough for us.

navidjaan

Yeah, it looked as though he was gonna be the RB starter at Barça B with Juvenil A's Dani Morer promoted to be behind him, but then they signed Las Palmas' Nili who has La Liga experience, so... Bench time for Palencia who should even be one of the team's captains this season.

navidjaan

Surprisingly benched Moi for the LB spot on the team! Very nice.

[youtube]watch?v=9dBBQ3L0qhg&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

navidjaan

I know. But Gerard keeps playing him as lb.

Not exactly. He has played both equally as much this season. Nili has also been used on the wings and Palencia even benched Nili too in one game. And a RB who can also play LB is more usable than one would think. Just look at Lahm. It's one of his greatest assets. It's one of the reasons Palencia has survived through his time in La Masia, especially when competing with Godswill, who was better than him at RB.

navidjaan

Nili is preferred, even though Palencia is more solid, is from La Masia and actually has potential for greater things at Barça. The usual from Lucho.

Jallo

Lucho is a real dumbass. This is the only conclusion for making a one Nili a guy who clearly cannot use his left foot play at LB, while veersitile Palencia is at home. He also choose to play Camara at LB last year, while Grimaldo was left out. Honestly does Lucho really know anything about the players at the B team. He just cannot stop messing up, I was hoping he woud have leaned from his mishandling of Grimaldo by now. In my eyes it is simple when one player is clearly out performing others he should get a cahnce with the first.

Devils

We're going to award this kids hard work, dedication and quality by signing Srna or Ivanovic in the winter followed by Cancelo in the summer.

Home of Barca Fans