Sergi Palencia

barca1899

Lahm is 1.70

coincidence-i-think-not_zps04c901d9.jpg

Arximidis

I doubt it. He'll have to become an important Barca B player first.

It is true. He is still on a very early stage of his career. For example consider Bartra, he was one of the best in Barca B and in Segunda, and he still struggles to play regularly. Even though central defenders was our main issue for years. However, I do wish to become very good, enjoy the game and stay in Barcelona happy :D

To the defense of Bartra he's played just as well as Mathieu/Mascherano if not better when he's played but those two offer flexibility since they can play other crucial positions if substitutions need to be made.

Zangash

Banned
To the defense of Bartra he's played just as well as Mathieu/Mascherano if not better when he's played but those two offer flexibility since they can play other crucial positions if substitutions need to be made.

Nah, they just play CB. Them playing other positions is a rarity.

Nah, they just play CB. Them playing other positions is a rarity.

What I mean is that with Mascherano on the field, Lucho can sub in another CB for Busi and move Mascherano up (Especially since he never seems to get tired), if Alba gets sent off like in the last game Matheiu can be subbed on(Although that indeed does not happen much and Matheiu is essentially in the same position as Bartra except he has more experience). While Bartra is essentially just a less good version of pique atm, he was pretty good as RCB in the three man defense against PSG last year but he probably can't play as an out and out RB and even so I remember one game this season(can't remember who against) where Lucho put Mascherano as RB. I think Lucho values Mascherano's experience against top flight attackers and flexibility over the added ariel threat/cover that Bartra and Matheiu give.

M

monamou

Yeah. Adriano and Montoya are leaving too probably. Might be a massive shot for Palencia.

khaled_a_d

Yeah. Adriano and Montoya are leaving too probably. Might be a massive shot for Palencia.

Very doubtful that we will let either Adriano or Montoya to leave with Alves not extending contract .
I can't see him being in 1st team next year.while he is the kind of player everyone like he is very limited .he is sort of Montoya 4-5 years ago .
He will get an opportunity to be Barca B starter next year _with Godswill competing with him_ and he will need to build in the solid he had this year

navidjaan

Such a good kid. Always been a bit of an underdog but his fighting spirit has never been disappointing. Always give it 200%. I for sure don't want us to rush him like Munir. He should stay at Barça B next season, maybe get some friendlies with the first team, or even the easiest of Copa del Rey games, if we're really thin on that spot next season.

If there is one area where he needs to improve, it's definitely his attacking. Some good crosses here and there and he has the pace but he's rarely in a dangerous attacking build-up.

Home of Barca Fans