xXKonan

[tw]864110871945117697[/tw]

[tw]864189489664712705[/tw]

[tw]864189682405560320[/tw]

[tw]864190283604525056[/tw]

[tw]864190561133219841[/tw]

navidjaan

If hes not getting promoted this summer I hope he gtfo's here asap

? Another year at Barça B wouldn't be the end for him. It would fit him, actually. He's not in a hurry as Grimaldo was, as he isn't considered of international class yet.

hulinat

or maybe just promote him, unless were about to sign not only 1 but 2 rightbacks which is basicly just showing the mid finger to Palencia.

JamDav1982

or maybe just promote him, unless were about to sign not only 1 but 2 rightbacks which is basicly just showing the mid finger to Palencia.

If they think he is good enough will get promoted.

Last thing need is another gamble and as bad as likes of Bellerin is at times he is on different level to Palencia.

God Serena

Everything I'm hearing from journos indicates he'll play pre-season with the first team and a decision will be made on his future then. If he shows he's capable he'll be promoted, if not, he'll either be loaned or remain with the B team with call ups every now and then.

With Lucho, when such a thing was said it basically was 100% a loan no matter what (Samper, Munir), but with Valverde things could be different.

JamDav1982

Everything I'm hearing from journos indicates he'll play pre-season with the first team and a decision will be made on his future then. If he shows he's capable he'll be promoted, if not, he'll either be loaned or remain with the B team with call ups every now and then.

With Lucho, when such a thing was said it basically was 100% a loan no matter what (Samper, Munir), but with Valverde things could be different.

Lucho promoted Munir.

JamDav1982

Not relevant to what I was saying, though.

It is if you said Lucho loaned him out when such chances were given in past though.

With Palencia I have feeling they dont think he is good enough for first team level already. Maybe Valverde will think differently.

God Serena

It is if you said Lucho loaned him out when such chances were given in past though.

With Palencia I have feeling they dont think he is good enough for first team level already. Maybe Valverde will think differently.

Last summer Sandro was let go and it was stated that Munir was an option for loan but he'd get to play pre-season for a chance to stay. He played well in pre-season, continuing his form from the last season, but was loaned out anyways when Paco was signed.

The board shouldn't be the judge of a player's quality in the first place. They're rarely in touch with the reality of how our B team players are even performing. Their comments about Thiago still make me chuckle at the absurdity. The current first team coaches don't care much for any B team players no matter who they are, so that's not really a good metric, either.

We'll find out if Valverde thinks differently about Palencia this summer, as his opinion is the only one that matters at this point. If he does that's fantastic, but if he doesn't, hopefully Bellerin doesn't suck as bad as he does for Arsenal lately, lol.

JamDav1982

Last summer Sandro was let go and it was stated that Munir was an option for loan but he'd get to play pre-season for a chance to stay. He played well in pre-season, continuing his form from the last season, but was loaned out anyways when Paco was signed.

The board shouldn't be the judge of a player's quality in the first place. They're rarely in touch with the reality of how our B team players are even performing. Their comments about Thiago still make me chuckle at the absurdity. The current first team coaches don't care much for any B team players no matter who they are, so that's not really a good metric, either.

We'll find out if Valverde thinks differently about Palencia this summer, as his opinion is the only one that matters at this point. If he does that's fantastic, but if he doesn't, hopefully Bellerin doesn't suck as bad as he does for Arsenal lately, lol.

Munir got his chance before that by being promoted if he doesnt do enough to nail down his place and still future up in air that is completely different scenario to B team players being told will get a chance to prove themselves in summer.

Dont think anyone on the board has made decisions on Palencias ability. Other than Robert through interacting with those on the football side. It doesnt matter anyway as Valverde will decide as you said.

God Serena

Munir got his chance before that by being promoted if he doesnt do enough to nail down his place and still future up in air that is completely different scenario to B team players being told will get a chance to prove themselves in summer.

Dont think anyone on the board has made decisions on Palencias ability. Other than Robert through interacting with those on the football side. It doesnt matter anyway as Valverde will decide as you said.

Fine then, forget Munir. Samper had the same thing said about him and ended up on a sinking ship despite performing well enough while we got stuck with Gomes. Same concept.

I'm of the belief that Palencia could be good enough if given the chance. He's played above his perceived potential since back when he was first getting called up to play with the B team when very few even knew who he was. If Valverde can recognize and appreciate his hardworking spirit I'd think his chances are favorable.

JamDav1982

Fine then, forget Munir. Samper had the same thing said about him and ended up on a sinking ship despite performing well enough while we got stuck with Gomes. Same concept.

I'm of the belief that Palencia could be good enough if given the chance. He's played above his perceived potential since back when he was first getting called up to play with the B team when very few even knew who he was. If Valverde can recognize and appreciate his hardworking spirit I'd think his chances are favorable.

Samper has never really looked quite good enough so far. The fact they bought another player that didnt perform doesnt change that.

The idea that Samper could have done what Gomes has done doesnt make sense. In place of Gomes or Samper should have been someone good enough.

I disagree and dont think Palencia is good enough but all for him being given chance and taking it if impresses Valverde. Anyone can see his work rate and everyone at club this season will have seen it.

Home of Barca Fans