Sergi Palencia

God Serena

How is he doing? I saw an article on twitter about him being an important figure or something with Bordeaux but it's not in English or Spanish so I'm completely at a loss for what it really said.

xXKonan

How is he doing? I saw an article on twitter about him being an important figure or something with Bordeaux but it's not in English or Spanish so I'm completely at a loss for what it really said.
He established himself as a starter and pretty much held down the position.

He also earned a Call up to Spain's U-21 team as well his first cap at any level for Spain's youth teams. Surprised me a bit since I thought he would struggle with the step up considering how poor a season he had in Barca B in the 2nd division but he's adapted well in France quickly.

Porque

Time to buy a feeder team in Ligue2, promote them and use the league for what it is good for- development.

Porque

Time to buy a French Ligue1/2 club and use the league for what it is good for- development.

Montpellier is only a few hours away. Or even Perpignon and turn them into Perpignon Barcelona.

Bulgroz

He established himself as a starter and pretty much held down the position.

He also earned a Call up to Spain's U-21 team as well his first cap at any level for Spain's youth teams. Surprised me a bit since I thought he would struggle with the step up considering how poor a season he had in Barca B in the 2nd division but he's adapted well in France quickly.

He established himself as a starter mostly because Sabaly (starting RB, who can fill in as a LB if needs be) and then Poundje (starting LB) got injured. His games range from pretty good (against Nantes a couple weeks ago for example, but Nantes is probably one of the 2 or 3 worst teams in the league this year) to utterly terrible (quite a few times, including in Europa League)). He's not as bad as what I've expected, but the best he can expect is probably bottom Ligue 1/top Ligue 2, if he eventually manage to be more consistent. If not, I don't see him having a Ligue 1 career. Say what you will about that "farmer league" on which everybody's an expert without ever watching it, but it's a very demanding league in terms of physical power and strength. Palencia struggles as soon as there's a physical beast in front of him (and we have quite a few in France, even when they're pretty bad with the ball).

Bulgroz

He's slowly improving, and benefits from the multiple injuries of Youssouf Sabaly to start quite a few games, but I don't think there's a lot to expect there. He's too weak for Bordeaux (which says a lot), even though it's not by a huge margin. My previous post about him still stands, basically.

Bulgroz

Rather good game tonight against PSG. Was important on our first goal (his pass for Karamoh was a nice one).

xXKonan

According to MD, it appears he's close to signing with Saint-Étienne.

Waiting to read the full article in about an hour to see if it mentions any fee.

Edit: it seems like the club wants around 10 million for him but Saint-Etienne doesn't want to pay that much but it appears an agreement could be close.

Last edited:

Bulgroz

He's not worth much more than that, honestly. He can either be a starter for a L2 team, or a sub for a low/mid table team in L1,but that's about it.

Messi983

[tw]1147221103259070464[/tw]

FC Barcelona and Association Sportive de Saint-Étienne Loire have reached an agreement for the sale of Sergi Palencia to the French club. The fee for the player is 2 million euros, plus 1 million in variables.

Barça will also receive 20% of any future fee paid for the sale of Palencia by Saint-Étienne.

Good luck, Sergi.

xXKonan

Good move for him.

Don't think he can aspire to be any better than that but still a good move that will allow him to have a good career with.

Home of Barca Fans