Nicolas Otamendi

xXKonan

City spent £32 million Pounds or in Euro terms 45 Million Euros on Otamendi.

Valencia made some bank without a doubt.

I remember the original Deal was 45 Million Euros+Mangala on Loan but City ended up not agreeing with that. for the past Two summers City have paid a lot of money on Two CBs I do think Otamendi can be a decent buy for them if he's partnered up with Kompany.

But as for Mangala, City got taken to the Cleaners in that deal and so far He hasn't even remotely even lived up close to that Transfer fee and he's considered a season ago one of the Biggest Flops in the EPL.

khaled_a_d

City spent £32 million Pounds or in Euro terms 45 Million Euros on Otamendi.

Valencia made some bank without a doubt.

I remember the original Deal was 45 Million Euros+Mangala on Loan but City ended up not agreeing with that. for the past Two summers City have paid a lot of money on Two CBs I do think Otamendi can be a decent buy for them if he's partnered up with Kompany.

But as for Mangala, City got taken to the Cleaners in that deal and so far He hasn't even remotely even lived up close to that Transfer fee and he's considered a season ago one of the Biggest Flops in the EPL.

tbh ,I don't know what is up with those 2
Mangala can be a text book EPL CB .he has all the tools and from everything I read about him during his Porto days he was actually putting those tools in use .now he is a real mess
Otamendi was gr8 last year , was a total beast and now look like crap
Yeah City overpaid for both but they weren't half bad as they are right now .
Were they overrated?or Pellegrini aren't able to bring the best out of them?

God Serena

Mangala can be a text book EPL CB .he has all the tools and from everything I read about him during his Porto days he was actually putting those tools in use .now he is a real mess

Probably Pelligrini. Never rated him as a manager, and never understood why he's always given such good managerial roles. Give Pep those players and you'd see a different team.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Pellegrini can't build a defense for shit. His defensive tactics are whack.

FC433

Nicolas Otamendi is ?very close? to moving to Porto. Over the past few hours, the player could convince #ManCity about his wish of returning to Portugal. City accept to loan him out and pay half of his ?7M gross per season wages: https://twitter.com/City_Xtra/status/1309124879732617221?s=20

Higuain left for free after taking some $$$
Godin is going to leave for free after taking some $$$
Sanchez left for free

Messi983

He' going to Benfica as part of the Ruben Dias to Man City deal.

So Benfica will have two oldies (Vertonghen and Otamendi) at CB.

FC433

^
it seems 71m for Diaz, while Benfica get NO for 13m. That is a bit too much if you ask me. Time will tell.

Messi983

They have a very cool team this season. Everton, Nunez, Waldschmidt, Pedrinho,... in attack.

I know about their offensive players, they should be fun to watch upfront. Defense is still questionable though and don't know if having two 30+ years old CBs is the answer. Could probably still work in Portuguese league which I assume is their main goal this season but we'll see if it will be enough for them to be competitive in the Europa League.

Last edited:

Slevinn

I know about their offensive players, they should be fun to watch upfront. Defense is still questionable though and don't know if having two 30+ years old CBs is the answer. Could probably still work in Portuguese league which I assume is their main goal this season but we'll see if it will be enough for them to be competitive in the Europa League.
I think Vertonghen-Otamendi is more than enough for the EL. CL would be a different story.

Messigician

Horrible news 😢😢

Nicol?s Otamendi, his wife and his son were assaulted in their house in Lisbon after Benfica?s match yesterday.

Four assailants attacked Otamendi, tied a belt around his neck and stole money and watches, reports @cmjornal.

Getting more common wtf

Home of Barca Fans