Nicolas Otamendi

BenRobbins

He has a 50 million euro release clause which is pretty big so i imagine he is going to stay at valencia for a while which is good.

BenRobbins

It would appear that Otamendi wants to leave Valencia and Join United. Apparently he is pushing for a move and Valencia aren't too optimistic about keeping him. It sounds like united don't want to pay his 50 million euro release clause and will try to tempt valencia to sell for less.

He would probably be more suited to the Premier league than Hummels but i am not sure about his passing range and ability on the ball? Anybody know if he is any good at that?

Jombi

It would appear that Otamendi wants to leave Valencia and Join United. Apparently he is pushing for a move and Valencia aren't too optimistic about keeping him. It sounds like united don't want to pay his 50 million euro release clause and will try to tempt valencia to sell for less.

He would probably be more suited to the Premier league than Hummels but i am not sure about his passing range and ability on the ball? Anybody know if he is any good at that?

Do you have a credible source with contacts in Valencia for that statement?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't get your hopes up. Mathieu wanted to move too but in the end we had to pay the buyout.

BenRobbins

Do you have a credible source with contacts in Valencia for that statement?

Don't laugh at me please but its...... Ballague! haha.

No to be fair he was spot on in january with it again and he was right regarding di maria and falcao so i trust his info.

Vilarrubi

He is also already 27. We need to get young defenders 20-23 who will stay with Barca for at least a decade.

I don't actually mind if he is 27. Better an experienced 27 year old than take a risk with a younger defender. Reminds me of the start of this season when people were saying James is a better buy than Suarez because of his age. lel

Alik

I don't actually mind if he is 27. Better an experienced 27 year old than take a risk with a younger defender. Reminds me of the start of this season when people were saying James is a better buy than Suarez because of his age. lel

To be fair, they were both excellent buys. And it remains to be seen which one will be better in the end.

M

monamou

He's created a great match up with Mustafi, they complement each other well. Great and agressive defender, can score as well.

Alik

Suarez is far far superior.

I don't think he was far far superior, given that he was missing for four months and that James was also very good.

Suarez is also 5 years older.

That is why I say it remains to be see which one will have been the better buy in the end. It is premature to judge it now after just one season (and even much less than one season for Suarez).

BenRobbins

Would it be fair to say he has been the second best cb in the league this year after pique? Or is that a bit of a stretch? Top 5 100%.

Home of Barca Fans