Adria Vilanova

God Serena

Hopefully Adria's last name doesn't cause any problems for the B team for the coming season. They should really be gunning for promotion but Adria is nowhere near Barca B quality.

xXKonan

Well he's going to have a lot of competition for the CB spot alone. But I hope Lopez doesn't decide to play him based on Sentimental reasons over guys who are just overall better players than he is.

khaled_a_d

Lopez has a job to keep,anything but reaching promotion play-offs won't be considered success. Doubt he will risk results for Sentimental

navidjaan

Soo....Vilanova's promotion cost us an actual good CB with potential in Campeny. You have to earn your spot not be given opportunities because of your last name. Not a good message to other La Masia prospects. #earnit

It's not that Adria is shit or anything, he had important moments for Juvenil A last season. His promotion can be defended, but Campeny should've been promoted as well. The real issue is the signing of two CB's when they already had Tarin who was one of their best last season and Lopez who was signed in January and already starting alongside Tarin.

messi1995

Adria Vilanova: "Tito's legacy is to rely on La Masia. He made a lineup of homegrown players. Barça have to trust it." #fcblive

Never ever betray la masia.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Adria Vilanova: "Tito's legacy is to rely on La Masia. He made a lineup of homegrown players. Barça have to trust it." #fcblive

Never ever betray la masia.

Thank god someone says it. Those running the club need to be locked up somewhere and have them hear those words 24 hours a day. I'd settle for being locked up only as well. :lol:

God Serena

Tito in his season here didn't even use La Masia all that much at all though. From what I can remember he was famous for refusing to use B team/La Masia players under most circumstances.

khaled_a_d

Nothing but respect to his dad memory, but let's be honest here. I am not sure that Thiago, Bartra,Montoya, Roberto etc has been really thankful for the amount of opportunities they got under him.Sure he was ill and everything but he wasn't exactly relying on La masia that much.

xXKonan

Yeah Tito was actually criticized for not using the likes of Bartra,Montoya etc enough and Thiago's clause was lowered to 25 mil that season and he was bought by Bayern as he had a variable clause that went up and down depend on how many games he played. at one point he used Adriano at CB over Bartra.

Tito relied a lot on the old guard and the likes of Cesc+Sanchez etc. that season we won the league with a record 100 points but we suffered quite a bit of injuries as we overused a number of players that season and we got torched in the Semi finals by Bayern.

Galning

Yeah Tito was actually criticized for not using the likes of Bartra,Montoya etc enough and Thiago's clause was lowered to 25 mil that season and he was bought by Bayern as he had a variable clause that went up and down depend on how many games he played. at one point he used Adriano at CB over Bartra.

Tito relied a lot on the old guard and the likes of Cesc+Sanchez etc. that season we won the league with a record 100 points but we suffered quite a bit of injuries as we overused a number of players that season and we got torched in the Semi finals by Bayern.

Yes even when La Liga was won and journalists asked him about Thiago he said he selected players based on performances not contracts. It was basically telling him to go or be happy with the bench.

Messi983

My mistake. Was moving some of the older threads of former Barça B players yesterday and moved him here instead of other players section.

Home of Barca Fans