User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: Adria Vilanova

  1. #16
    Senior Member
    God Serena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    5,325
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Adria's last name doesn't cause any problems for the B team for the coming season. They should really be gunning for promotion but Adria is nowhere near Barca B quality.

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    12,407
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well he's going to have a lot of competition for the CB spot alone. But I hope Lopez doesn't decide to play him based on Sentimental reasons over guys who are just overall better players than he is.

  3. #18
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    8,499
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lopez has a job to keep,anything but reaching promotion play-offs won't be considered success. Doubt he will risk results for Sentimental

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    navidjaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    729
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jallo View Post
    Soo....Vilanova's promotion cost us an actual good CB with potential in Campeny. You have to earn your spot not be given opportunities because of your last name. Not a good message to other La Masia prospects. #earnit
    It's not that Adria is shit or anything, he had important moments for Juvenil A last season. His promotion can be defended, but Campeny should've been promoted as well. The real issue is the signing of two CB's when they already had Tarin who was one of their best last season and Lopez who was signed in January and already starting alongside Tarin.

  5. #20
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    286
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adria Vilanova: "Tito's legacy is to rely on La Masia. He made a lineup of homegrown players. Barça have to trust it." #fcblive

    Never ever betray la masia.

  6. #21
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    28,912
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by messi1995 View Post
    Adria Vilanova: "Tito's legacy is to rely on La Masia. He made a lineup of homegrown players. Barça have to trust it." #fcblive

    Never ever betray la masia.
    Thank god someone says it. Those running the club need to be locked up somewhere and have them hear those words 24 hours a day. I'd settle for being locked up only as well.

  7. #22
    Senior Member
    God Serena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    5,325
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tito in his season here didn't even use La Masia all that much at all though. From what I can remember he was famous for refusing to use B team/La Masia players under most circumstances.

  8. #23
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    8,499
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing but respect to his dad memory, but let's be honest here. I am not sure that Thiago, Bartra,Montoya, Roberto etc has been really thankful for the amount of opportunities they got under him.Sure he was ill and everything but he wasn't exactly relying on La masia that much.

  9. #24
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    12,407
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Tito was actually criticized for not using the likes of Bartra,Montoya etc enough and Thiago's clause was lowered to 25 mil that season and he was bought by Bayern as he had a variable clause that went up and down depend on how many games he played. at one point he used Adriano at CB over Bartra.

    Tito relied a lot on the old guard and the likes of Cesc+Sanchez etc. that season we won the league with a record 100 points but we suffered quite a bit of injuries as we overused a number of players that season and we got torched in the Semi finals by Bayern.

  10. #25
    Moderator
    Galning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    16,524
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xXKonan View Post
    Yeah Tito was actually criticized for not using the likes of Bartra,Montoya etc enough and Thiago's clause was lowered to 25 mil that season and he was bought by Bayern as he had a variable clause that went up and down depend on how many games he played. at one point he used Adriano at CB over Bartra.

    Tito relied a lot on the old guard and the likes of Cesc+Sanchez etc. that season we won the league with a record 100 points but we suffered quite a bit of injuries as we overused a number of players that season and we got torched in the Semi finals by Bayern.
    Yes even when La Liga was won and journalists asked him about Thiago he said he selected players based on performances not contracts. It was basically telling him to go or be happy with the bench.

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Raketa10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4,321
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is this guy in A team players section?

  12. #27
    Senior Member
    God Serena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    5,325
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was so confused to see this thread here.
    On whether or not we'll get 50m for Paulinho

    Quote Originally Posted by BarçaBarça View Post
    Want to bet a silly profile pic? Loser has to have (a happy) Paulinho-pic for half a year?
    I'm quite sure they will pay already this January, so I'm happy to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raki13 View Post
    Gladly , not a chance we are getting anywhere near that after a year.

  13. #28
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    758
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol

  14. #29
    Moderator
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,924
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mistake. Was moving some of the older threads of former Barça B players yesterday and moved him here instead of other players section.

  15. #30
    Senior Member
    God Serena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    5,325
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    My mistake. Was moving some of the older threads of former Barça B players yesterday and moved him here instead of other players section.
    You're fired.
    On whether or not we'll get 50m for Paulinho

    Quote Originally Posted by BarçaBarça View Post
    Want to bet a silly profile pic? Loser has to have (a happy) Paulinho-pic for half a year?
    I'm quite sure they will pay already this January, so I'm happy to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raki13 View Post
    Gladly , not a chance we are getting anywhere near that after a year.