zanela

sevilla-vs-barcelonal-liga-bbva.jpg

Round 31
Date:Saturday, 04/11/2015 20:00
Stadium: Sánchez Pizjuán
City: Sevilla
Capacity: 45.500
Referee: Martínez Munuera, Juan

Unai Emery's team is on a 5 match unbeaten streak, and haven't lost at home.

For H-H stats, pls refer here or your own sources.

Player status: Banega should return for this one after serving his YC suspension. For Barca, Alba might start on the bench, and all the rested players should be back in the XI.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Bring it on:xavi: We do need to step our game up since its seems like our toughest away game left along with Atletico. Losing points now and allowing Real to get to 1 point might give them a boost. Better start of this very important difficult week with a quality win. Would be ver impressive since Sevilla has not lost all season at home and are in a good flow at the moment.

Looking forward to this match:barca scarf:

Antimilan

Bring it on:xavi: We do need to step our game up since its seems like our toughest away game left along with Atletico. Losing points now and allowing Real to get to 1 point might give them a boost. Better start of this very important difficult week with a quality win. Would be ver impressive since Sevilla has not lost all season at home and are in a good flow at the moment.

Looking forward to this match:barca scarf:

The last home loss in La Liga was the one against Barca (9/2/2014). Also, you don't need to lose all the 3 points, 1 point would be good for both sides :p

Leo_Messi

We usually tend to perform well against Sevilla and especially teams that are coached by Emery. His track record against us is really laughable. Zero wins to be exact.

I have not watched Sevilla a lot this season but I don't think that they are parking a bus very well. If it will be an open game I would see this as an advantage especially given our trio upfront and Lucho's tactics against such opponents.

In any case then I cannot honestly see us lose the game for some reason. Despite the somewhat poor performances in the last 3 games in a row and Messi's dip in form. I am more positive than in a long, long time. I think that the players want to do everything in their power to prevent another repeat of last season.

So I say go for it. If we win the 3 upcoming league games (Sevilla, Valencia, Espanyol) we will become league champions. No doubt about that.

zanela

I will not be very surprised if Sevilla wins. RSP should stay an unconquered castle!

I'd be worried if your team was managed by just about any manager not called Unai Emery. The man has never won against Barca, and even for someone as wary as I'm pre-Barca games, meeting an Emery-led team always brings me a sense of tranquility. The worst that can happen is a draw, and even then Barca will keep lead against Madrid, with the Blancos yet to play them on road.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
The last home loss in La Liga was the one against Barca (9/2/2014). Also, you don't need to lose all the 3 points, 1 point would be good for both sides :p

Let's say we beat Sevilla and Sevilla beats Real Madrid, and call it a deal. :D

F

Flavia

It will be tough. Very tough. I'm more worried about this than psg in paris.

[formation=barca,10]
BRAVO
0-0-PIQUE-0-MATHIEU-0-0
ALVES-0-0-0-0-0-ADRIANO
0-0-0-BUSQUETS-0-0-0
0-RAKITIC-0-0-0-INIESTA-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
MESSI-0-0-SUAREZ-0-0-NEYJMAR
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Leo_Messi

It will be tough. Very tough. I'm more worried about this than psg in paris.

[formation=barca,10]
BRAVO
0-0-PIQUE-0-MATHIEU-0-0
ALVES-0-0-0-0-0-ADRIANO
0-0-0-BUSQUETS-0-0-0
0-RAKITIC-0-0-0-INIESTA-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
MESSI-0-0-SUAREZ-0-0-NEYJMAR
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

If we want to win the game then Adriano should stay on the bench. It's crucial that Alba gets the green light tomorrow. Adriano is a liability against decent/good opponents as we saw against Celta and plenty of times before.

I consider PSG as a much, much more difficult opponent regardless of their absences.

It's hard to fear any team managed by Emery when they are playing against FCB. No disrespect to Sevilla.

What I would like Lucho to do is to tell the team to play with much bigger intensity in the first half. This season we tend to settle things in the second half. It tends to be too nerve-wrecking at times. I have a suspicion that Sevilla might collapse if we score a quick goal. It would force them to attack and would then leave us plenty of space to punish them further.

Home of Barca Fans