Lliga: Sevilla FC - FC Barcelona 2-2

StarLord

I'd be worried if your team was managed by just about any manager not called Unai Emery. The man has never won against Barca, and even for someone as wary as I'm pre-Barca games, meeting an Emery-led team always brings me a sense of tranquility. The worst that can happen is a draw, and even then Barca will keep lead against Madrid, with the Blancos yet to play them on road.

1) A draw is not a good result for us at all under the circumstances. We are on a nightmarish run of games, while Real Madrid have it easy in the next few games. We can't let our lead drop.

2) The previous games against Emery teams are meaningless. I can't see how this logic works. And if it did, Emery's Valencia drew with us several times. If anything, Sevilla will be highly motivated since they are now running Valencia very close for 4th place, rotated their squad extensively midweek and had one extra day to rest in relation to us.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Winning against valencia will be more difficult that beating sevilla. They are not that great side and with suarez in form we can win this game.

Mido

[formation=yellow,6]
0-0-0-Bravo-0-0-0
0-Piqué-0-0-0-Mathieu-0
Alves-0-0-0-0-0-Adriano
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Rakitic-0-0-0-Iniesta-0
Messi-0-0-Suarez-0-0-Neymar
[/formation]

65 min : Mascherano in for Busquets
75 min : Pedro in for Suarez
80 min : Roberto in for Rakitic or Iniesta

Mido

Yeah, I agree with that lineup. Maybe Mascherano instead of Mathieu. Alba if he's fit.

I badly wanna see a midfield made of Busquets-Messi-Mascherano-Xavi/Iniesta against PSG, maybe Lucho has been thinking about that.

I really enjoyed the 3-1 win against them where we controlled them. I am eager to see what Enrique has got in his mind and I got a genuine feeling that it won't be a "classic" 11 that will face Paris or , at least, considerable adjusments will be made.

hardyboy

Bravo-Alves,Pique,Mascharano,Alba-Rakitic,Busquets,Iniesta-Messi,Suarez,Neymar...... We've never lost a match when we've started with this line-up..

Last edited:

Mido

Bravo-Alves,Pique,Mascharano,Alba-Rakitic,Busquets,Iniesta-Messi,Suarez,Neymar...... We've never lost a match when we've started with this line-up..

I think we lost 3-2 to PSG with this line-up if I can remember well. * apart from Bravo....

hardyboy

I think we lost 3-2 to PSG with this line-up if I can remember well. * apart from Bravo....

Mathieu and Mascharano were the CB pairing in that game..Pique was benched..also Suarez wasn't part of the team back then..

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't know Sevilla are unbeaten at home for over a years.
I don't think Xavi and Pedro will start so let's hope Lucho's controlled chaos works again.

Home of Barca Fans