Lliga: Sevilla FC - FC Barcelona 2-2

Supa Dupa Fly

Sorry, your streak ends come Saturday!

Tell him
w5FtE8o.gif

F

Flavia

If we want to win the game then Adriano should stay on the bench. It's crucial that Alba gets the green light tomorrow. Adriano is a liability against decent/good opponents as we saw against Celta and plenty of times before.

I consider PSG as a much, much more difficult opponent regardless of their absences.

It's hard to fear any team managed by Emery when they are playing against FCB. No disrespect to Sevilla.

What I would like Lucho to do is to tell the team to play with much bigger intensity in the first half. This season we tend to settle things in the second half. It tends to be too nerve-wrecking at times. I have a suspicion that Sevilla might collapse if we score a quick goal. It would force them to attack and would then leave us plenty of space to punish them further.

If Alba is completely recovered, he'll play. I put Adriano because that is still unclear.

Leo_Messi

If Alba is completely recovered, he'll play. I put Adriano because that is still unclear.

I know. Adriano has been a good servant for the club and was a very decent backup player at least before his heart problems last year. I just don't trust him at all against difficult opponents, especially away from home. In my eyes he is a defensive liability at times and offers little offensively nowadays. The Celta game gave me nightmares. He was decent against Almería but that was Almería at home. It would be very good news if Alba gets the green light tomorrow which I think that he will.

Piqué, Mathieu, Alba, Busquets, Iniesta and Neymar being fully rested against Almería should be to our advantage as well. Alves and Rakitic were substituted fairly early in the second half too.

What I am worried most about is Messi. It looks like he is not fully fit to me. His dip in form is obvious at least.

Mascaró might write "mentiras" at times but I agree with his column of today (the first one).

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/lluis-mascaro/mas-goles-que-futbol-eso-preocupante-4083864

Let us hope that they are just saving their energy for the upcoming crucial games against Sevilla, PSG, Valencia and Espanyol.

raskolnikov

The last home loss in La Liga was the one against Barca (9/2/2014). Also, you don't need to lose all the 3 points, 1 point would be good for both sides :p
Then Real wins everything, we draw against Atletico and lose the liga 2008 style:smiley_scared:, sorry sir, 3 points a must

raskolnikov

We usually tend to perform well against Sevilla and especially teams that are coached by Emery. His track record against us is really laughable. Zero wins to be exact.

I have not watched Sevilla a lot this season but I don't think that they are parking a bus very well. If it will be an open game I would see this as an advantage especially given our trio upfront and Lucho's tactics against such opponents.

In any case then I cannot honestly see us lose the game for some reason. Despite the somewhat poor performances in the last 3 games in a row and Messi's dip in form. I am more positive than in a long, long time. I think that the players want to do everything in their power to prevent another repeat of last season.

So I say go for it. If we win the 3 upcoming league games (Sevilla, Valencia, Espanyol) we will become league champions. No doubt about that.
For sure, win those and get by psg and april is a perfect month.

Alik

It will be tough. Very tough. I'm more worried about this than psg in paris.

[formation=barca,10]
BRAVO
0-0-PIQUE-0-MATHIEU-0-0
ALVES-0-0-0-0-0-ADRIANO
0-0-0-BUSQUETS-0-0-0
0-RAKITIC-0-0-0-INIESTA-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
MESSI-0-0-SUAREZ-0-0-NEYJMAR
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Yeah, I agree with that lineup. Maybe Mascherano instead of Mathieu. Alba if he's fit.

Barcadub

Yeah, I agree with that lineup. Maybe Mascherano instead of Mathieu. Alba if he's fit.

Noway, Mathieu has to start. I don't know where Masch will fit in from now until the end of the season.

We need to make a statement on Saturday, that this league is ours.

Real will be sick if we win this.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Pique-Mathieu has been amazing. Not sure if Masche can get his start any time soon. Maybe if Lucho goes full yolo and pushes him into midfield with Busi CM.

Egert

Estonian Culé
‪#‎FCBAlmeria‬
Squad list / Convocats / Convocados:
Ter Stegen, Claudio Bravo, Montoya, Piqué, Rakitic, Xavi, Pedro, Iniesta, Suárez, Messi, Neymar Jr, Rafinha, Mascherano, Bartra, Sergi Roberto, Adriano, Dani Alves & Mathieu.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
‪#‎FCBAlmeria‬
Ter Stegen, Claudio Bravo, Montoya, Piqué, Rakitic, Xavi, Pedro, Iniesta, Suárez, Messi, Neymar Jr, Rafinha, Mascherano, Bartra, Sergi Roberto, Adriano, Dani Alves & Mathieu.

The match against Almeria was yesterday.

L

linetty

‪#‎FCBAlmeria‬
Almeria? :lol:

Home of Barca Fans