Lliga: FC Barcelona - UD Almería 4-0

Alik

Defensively also, last time Barca conceded from a set piece was against Real Madrid in October 2014. Crazy considering the set piece shambles last season. Remember this?

[tw]443971008127836160[/tw]

[tw]421061235166048256[/tw]

[tw]379943195154857984[/tw]

It really is a job well done this season. Those tweets highlight some of Tata's defeatist attitude.

Kuchi

Great game, light on the physical effort, no injuries, managed to rest more than a few starters for Sevilla, 2 great goals, none conceded, a good day at the office to say the least!

cmsy27

Didn't see the game, but saw the lineup. Very nice to see Neymar benched (hopefully this serves a dual purpose), and Piqué, Mathieu, Iniesta rested ahead of some really tough upcoming games. Nice to read that Xavi and Pedro did well too - both deserve to start some games and this was the perfect one.

Mido

I do not know about you , but I am really worried about lack of creativity . i mean unless messi creats or starts one , no one else is even trying . Neymar does some times but mostly fails .

Xavi and Iniesta ( when he is on his A game) can be very creative as well.

vinni

I do not know about you , but I am really worried about lack of creativity . i mean unless messi creats or starts one , no one else is even trying . Neymar does some times but mostly fails .

I wouldnt worry too much. Our game is usally played through Messi because well.. he is the best. If he goes out injured we will obviously suffer but i'm pretty sure others will step up.

I did miss the game yesterday but for once i managed to dodge the score and i just watched it. :) 4-0! i thought we played decent. Alot of good passing, some good goals and it was nice to see Xavi, Pedro, Roberto and Bartra playing.
Im also happy we got some players rested for the incoming weeks of hell :nuke:

Eluryh

UAsnqC.png

YOUTUBE

MEGA
https://mega.co.nz/#!URcBhJba!F8V_ggHYpkIPEh62Gl7cgdiFBIRWOqaOVSY3Qqb1CWI

Last edited:

yahudi

Defensively also, last time Barca conceded from a set piece was against Real Madrid in October 2014. Crazy considering the set piece shambles last season. Remember this?

[tw]443971008127836160[/tw]

[tw]421061235166048256[/tw]

[tw]379943195154857984[/tw]

told ya'll way back in october after the psg away

The incohessiveness of the pressing and poor marking on set pieces is what really hurt Barca yesterday.

Concerning the set pieces, Barca is actually on a good way to return to the zonal marking after Tata's man marking experiment. Coupled with the slightly increased height across the team, we're likely to see improvements later in the season.

Autumn

Undervalued win I think.

I keep seeing the media pointing to this game now and saying "look at how non-competitive La Liga is!" Clearly they do not recall (because they're ignorant, clueless, and make no attempt to do any research or watch games) that our last La Liga match vs Almeria, we were BEHIND by a goal until the 72' and 81' goals that brought it to a 2-1 comeback victory.

This game was a big improvement over that. We looked completely in control.

Very interesting role from Xavi this game.

Home of Barca Fans