User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 149

Thread: Lliga: FC Barcelona - UD Almería 4-0

  1. #31
    Flavia
    Guest
    Training with an eye on Almeria

    WWW.FCBARCELONA.COM
    04/07/2015 11:44

    The FC Barcelona first team squad worked out on Tuesday morning with tomorrow's Liga clash in mind



    The first team squad trained on a bright, sunny Tuesday morning at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper as they continue their preparations for Wednesday night’s Liga clash at the Camp Nou against relegation threatened Almeria (8.00pm CET).
    All of the available players were present, including Munir from the reserve team, while Thomas Vermaelen was also able to join in with some of the exercises. Jordi Alba did recovery work in a separate part of the field.
    The squad to face Almeria will be announced on Wednesday morning.


    No Samper
    Munir will probably get some minutes.

  2. #32
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    26,301
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Flavia

    Yeah, too bad about Samper not being there. Vermaelen probably won't feature either given he's not training fully yet.

  3. #33
    Chief Of Footballing Matters
    pacp_96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,396
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was hoping Vermaelen could get a few minutes to see how he looks before the tough month we have ahead. Wouldn't be a good idea to throw him into those games considering how long he has been injured for.
    Team DonAK - The Manifesto - http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread...-The-Manifesto

    Chief of Footballing Matters - DonAK's Barca

    Winners of the Barca Forum Election 2015

    Winner of the 2014/15 Barca Forum Prediction League

  4. #34
    HiiiPoWeR
    Blaugrana Bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,934
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why should he play in the tough games anyway?

  5. #35
    Chief Of Footballing Matters
    pacp_96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,396
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaugrana Bull View Post
    Why should he play in the tough games anyway?
    Well he's not a bad player. If he can get fully fit then he wouldn't be a bad option in some games. Just think that it would be better to give him some minutes against easier teams.
    Team DonAK - The Manifesto - http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread...-The-Manifesto

    Chief of Footballing Matters - DonAK's Barca

    Winners of the Barca Forum Election 2015

    Winner of the 2014/15 Barca Forum Prediction League

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Leo_Messi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Italo-Spaniard in exile.
    Posts
    1,224
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pacp_96 View Post
    Was hoping Vermaelen could get a few minutes to see how he looks before the tough month we have ahead. Wouldn't be a good idea to throw him into those games considering how long he has been injured for.
    Vermaelen has no business playing this month at all to begin with. First of all he is not fully fit yet and thus nowhere near the starting 11. He has not earned his spot at all. Lucho should throw him into action next month or in a game late this month where the result has already been decided in our favor.

    A shame that Samper has not been included in the squad. This could have been one of the few rare opportunities for him this season.

    In any case Almería should not be a problem at all. I expect a comfortable win regardless of them appointing Sergi. Hopefully without any injuries.

    Also it would be good if Messi, Neymar and Suárez scored so they could boost their confidence further before the upcoming crucial games. Especially Leo.
    Bartomeu Dimissió!

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    iniesta_8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    79. min.

    <-- Messi
    --> Vermaelen


  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Barcadub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,403
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vermaelen is looking at the Getafe game for his first bit of game time.

    Only other games he may play in is Córdoba or Deportivo(depending on the title situation)

    Other then that there is no chance he will be playing. Let's see though

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    beogatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    City Of Delusion
    Posts
    544
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavia View Post
    Training with an eye on Almeria

    WWW.FCBARCELONA.COM
    04/07/2015 11:44

    The FC Barcelona first team squad worked out on Tuesday morning with tomorrow's Liga clash in mind



    The first team squad trained on a bright, sunny Tuesday morning at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper as they continue their preparations for Wednesday night’s Liga clash at the Camp Nou against relegation threatened Almeria (8.00pm CET).
    All of the available players were present, including Munir from the reserve team, while Thomas Vermaelen was also able to join in with some of the exercises. Jordi Alba did recovery work in a separate part of the field.
    The squad to face Almeria will be announced on Wednesday morning.


    No Samper
    Munir will probably get some minutes.
    by looking at this vid..hes far from ready. if lucho really wants to try gettin him on the field, do that during 5-0 lead at 80 min

  10. #40
    Previously known as Mehssi
    Vlom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    5,677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    List of the players called up by Lucho :

    Ter Stegen , Claudio Bravo, Montoya, Piqué, Rakitic, Xavi, Pedro, Iniesta, Luis Suárez, Messi, Neymar, Rafinha, Mascherano, Bartra ,Sergi Roberto, Adriano, Dani Alves y Mathieu.


    So no Samper nor Munir.
    The Internet is full of tribute videos with some version of the title "Messi doesn't dive" a trait rare in a sport where players roll around on the ground like gunshot victims when an opponent so much as breathes on them.

    Theories abound about why Messi won't fall, about his character or his respect for the game, but I think it's much simpler. If he dives, he loses the ball.

  11. #41
    Senior Member
    BBZ8800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,639
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pacp_96 View Post
    Well he's not a bad player. If he can get fully fit then he wouldn't be a bad option in some games. Just think that it would be better to give him some minutes against easier teams.
    Samper won't play, Vermaelen won't play till the end of the Season.

    Lucho will not be doing experiments in this part of the Season.
    These guys will have their chance during summer and next Season.

  12. #42
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Samper not in squad which is a disappointment but his time will come. Must in game and it has to be a comfortable one.

    Bravo
    Alves Pique Mathieu Adriano
    Mascherano
    Rakitic SergiRoberto
    Messi Suarez Pedro

    Neymar > Pedro 70th
    Xavi > Rakitic 85th

  13. #43
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    26,301
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehssi View Post
    List of the players called up by Lucho :

    Ter Stegen , Claudio Bravo, Montoya, Piqué, Rakitic, Xavi, Pedro, Iniesta, Luis Suárez, Messi, Neymar, Rafinha, Mascherano, Bartra ,Sergi Roberto, Adriano, Dani Alves y Mathieu.


    So no Samper nor Munir.
    Samper didn't train with the 1st team yesterday but Munir did so a bit disappointed for young forward.

  14. #44
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,089
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would rather rest Messi than any other player. I believe he's still not recovered from his injury. Leave him on bench and play Rafinha instead. At least we will be able to evaluate how Rafinha looks on his natural position. Also I'd like to see duo Rakitic-Xavi for at least 60 minutes. Xavi might fit current tactics than Iniesta, it's time to find it out.


    Last edited by anguy; 8th April 2015 at 10:18 AM.

  15. #45
    Senior Member
    StarLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,343
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to see Messi rested myself. But as this game is the easiest (at least on paper) for him and our other front three to score, I see that as unlikely.

    I am really worried (as I am sure all of us) about the upcoming run of games. There is no way that our players will be at anywhere near 100% tonight and Almeria may as well take advantage of it. I remember them playing good defense against us on other occasions as well. I am also really puzzled by Almeria's position on the table, when I watched them on a few occasions in the first part of the season, they seemed more than good enough for a mid-table position.