Who would you want to become the new FIFA president on the 29th of May.

Who would you want to become the new FIFA president on the 29th of May.

• Michael van Praag

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • Sepp Blatter

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Prince Ali Bin al-Hussein

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Luis Figo

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

ManusXavi

An extra team from every confederation in the World Cup - Hell yes! A majority of New Zealand would probably vote Van Praag

Yannik

Update for Prince Ali's manifesto:

The key pledges detailed in Prince Ali's manifesto include:

• A detailed 10-point proposal for development, including providing more support for National Associations who need it most and more investment in Women’s Football, Women’s and Youth Tournaments, establishing Regional Development Offices and simplifying the FIFA development application process.
  • Enhancing the human aspect of development via establishment of a scholarship and exchange programme for coaches and officials across the sport
  • Ensuring that, within four years, every single Football Association in the world will have what it needs to play the game, including basic infrastructure and equipment.
  • Energising and ensuring more active roles for all Fifa committees including the Football Committee.
  • Evaluating and optimising the international match calendar, reviewing the ranking system and embracing a full and open debate about the place of technology in football.
  • Ensuring that any decisions about Fifa World Cup expansion are made openly, democratically and for the good of the sport, based on meaningful professional research.
  • Protecting current revenue streams, reducing wasteful spending, and generating significant increases in revenues – therefore increasing the funds available to invest in football around the world.
  • Transforming FIFA’s approach to governance and embracing a transparent, democratic leadership style which encourages debate, empowers others and ensures a clear understanding of the roles of all within the Fifa administration including the role of the President himself.
  • Enhancing FIFA’s shouldering of corporate responsibilities via robust responses to difficult issues such as player exploitation, racism, match fixing, doping, age testing and stadium security.

Yannik

I think what Prince Ali could do is trying to convince Van Praag and Figo to only send 1 of them into the ring with Blatter, to maximize their chances (their election manifesto isnt that different after all, they all mainly want Blatter's ass on a plate), which might be the only realistic way to end his reign.

21th May Update: Exactly this is happening now, Van Praag pulls out of the race and vis campaigning for Prince Ali now. This might be some turnpoint, but I doubt its enough to kick Blatter from the thrown. I bet Ali tried the same with Figo, but the latter is way to stubborn to give away all the attention and act as a sidefigure.

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
21th May Update: Exactly this is happening now, Van Praag pulls out of the race and vis campaigning for Prince Ali now. This might be some turnpoint, but I doubt its enough to kick Blatter from the thrown. I bet Ali tried the same with Figo, but the latter is way to stubborn to give away all the attention and act as a sidefigure.

It actually happened.. Figo drops out of the FIFA presidency run.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...457/figo-retira-su-candidatura-a-la-fifa.html

Official reason is "lack of transparency in the process" .. so basically, shitting on Blatter a little bit before letting Prince Ali run.

Yannik

yupp now it has happened with Figo aswell. Smart move by the three, but it doesnt matter because Blatter is still the absolute favourite.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
So do you guys think Blatter will lift the ban as he promised if he wins ?

Would be amazing to be able to sign players this summer ..

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I know those cases are un-related but I am for regulation and prefer ban to stay just as I am for financial fair play.

khaled_a_d

So do you guys think Blatter will lift the ban as he promised if he wins ?

Would be amazing to be able to sign players this summer ..

He didn't promise anything ,it is a rumor but he said nothing on public

I know those cases are un-related but I am for regulation and prefer ban to stay just as I am for financial fair play.

He can't change the rules otherwise he will face hundreds of charges about protecting child labour .the regulation will continue and for a good reason .I would hope the ban to be removed but I understand we deserve it

Home of Barca Fans