Culé de Celestial Empire
159859.jpg

Bernd Leno
Height: 1.90m
Club: Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Nationality: Germany
Position: Goalkeeper
NT: Germany U21

I first saw this kid when he was playing for Leverkusen about three years ago against Bayern and he pulled off some of the best saves I had seen as a 18 or 19-year-old and I was really impressed. I haven't really followed him since but his rather un-Germanic name "Leno"
thumbnail.jpg
:lol: and his great saves had struck my mind with a lasting impression. Along with our very own MAtS, he is considered one of the best young goalkeepers in the world (in the U21 bracket). MARCA just revealed that Real Madrid is interested in signing him this summer for 20m euros.

Last edited:

Martindn

MARCA just revealed that Real Madrid is interested in signing him this summer for 20m euros.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, PLEASE GOD :lol:

Nah if they want a keeper it will be De gea, cant imagine he will cost much more than 20m euros either with his short contract, this guy would be an ideal replacement for us if he wanted to leave Bundesliga.

Last edited:

DrPepper

Why can't they just let Keylor Navas play more? IMO he's as good as any other player that is linked with Real, definitely better than Leno and Casillas.

Yannik

imho the current 2nd best german keeper. (sorry Barca-Fans) and 3rd best in the league. Only second in penalties to Handanovic.

L

linetty

imho the current 2nd best german keeper. (sorry Barca-Fans) and 3rd best in the league. Only second in penalties to Handanovic.
Yeah, probably. I love Leno and think he's a great keeper but he's playing regularly while ter Stegen isn't. I'd say they're equal.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Leno is a better shot stopper than ter Stegen, but ter Stegen is much better with the ball at his feet.

First time I had watched Leno was Barca Bayer 7-1 :lol:

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Hate to see Real Madrid grabbing a young, promising keeper, that's it. Rather they get the overrated De Gea.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How is De gea overrated?
They are both good shot stopper.Leno is probably better at penalties and thats about it.

Personal opinion of course, not right or wrong. It is just that I have never been impressed by De Gea, nothing against Manchester United.

zanela

Hate to see Real Madrid grabbing a young, promising keeper, that's it. Rather they get the overrated De Gea.

By ManU fans, definitely. The DDG mania created by Manu fans is borderline cringeworthy. You would think they are fans of a small-time club devoid of a decorated past, living in constant apprehension of losing the only quality player they have/had, and their club would cease to exist with his departure. No wonder Mendez is exploiting the desperation. I mean Courtois is a bigger talent, but CHL fans don't act like they'd commit mass suicide if he left.

Not saying DdG isn't quality. But his peers have done as well, even better this season. Lets take the example of his compatriot Sergio Asenjo, amongst the best Primera has seen this season, or Yann Sommer, but no one is calling either world's top 3/5, is it? One has the ManU/EPL hype machine behind him, the others play for clubs that don't really have the same clout. And before the fanboys jump at me, neither of them have a WC defense in front of them either.

khaled_a_d

I was impressed by him when he 1st debuted with Leverkusen but after that not so much .wasn't very consistent IMO
Don't know how he is doing this year though .

Alarcón

he is a good GK but not special like some here make him out to be - certainly not better than ter Stegen

there's been a similar discussion about Zieler in the past few years but it has died down after people now realised he is average

Home of Barca Fans