Bernd Leno

Amazing plot twist in the De Gea saga. Although tbf there's really nowhere to go but up after Saint Iker leaves. Surprised a club with as much history as RM hasn't binned him out yet.

DDG being overrated is killing me though :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
And Trapp with two big howlers a week ago.

Not a good time for German GKs I guess :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
And Trapp with two big howlers a week ago.

Not a good time for German GKs I guess :lol:

:lol:

I really think Courtois is much better than Ter Stegen, Leno, Trapp and all the other young keepers. In my opinion he is only second to Neuer.

DonAK

:lol:

I really think Courtois is much better than Ter Stegen, Leno, Trapp and all the other young keepers. In my opinion he is only second to Neuer.

Courtois himself hasn't been without mistakes in his Chelsea career so far. But I agree. I put Neuer, Buffon, Courtois and DDG in Top 4(not in order)

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

Courtois himself hasn't been without mistakes in his Chelsea career so far. But I agree. I put Neuer, Buffon, Courtois and DDG in Top 4(not in order)

You and probably 99% of all football fans. ;)

Though the gap between Neuer and the rest, is still anything but tiny, I'd say.

xXKonan

[tw]939969626489880576[/tw]

[tw]939972914333577217[/tw]

[tw]939976097978036227[/tw]

[tw]939977277638631425[/tw]

Despite him being a starter at Leverkusen, his development stalled out. Doubt he would consider riding the bench.

DonAK

Would be so ironic though.

I remember when he said goalkeepers that plays every week should be preferred over those that don't(ter Stegen) when it comes to the German NT.

Go and ride the Bayern bench now, Leno.

xXKonan

I get Jealousy vibes when it comes from Leno from that statement he made at that time.

Either way now Stegen is a starter for one of the most prestigious clubs in Europe and considered apart of the Big three, while Leno is still at Leverkusen and stalled out while Stegen is on a completely different level.

Yannik

I get Jealousy vibes when it comes from Leno from that statement he made at that time.

Either way now Stegen is a starter for one of the most prestigious clubs in Europe and considered apart of the Big three, while Leno is still at Leverkusen and stalled out while Stegen is on a completely different level.

is "The big three" even a thing anymore? Bayern looks to be behind PSG and City and Real isn't exactly doing great either. Barca is dmuch better than previous years, but it still feels like 3-4 players are carrying a bunch of old or average performing guys through the season, I don't know how this will work out when the bigger tasks arrive.
It feels like European football is a lot more competetive than in the previous years, I don't know if there's really an elite at the moment.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Really no need for the schadenfreude here. Certainly Leverkusen would say no but Bayern can easily trigger his release but if Leno has any senses he should say no to Bayern too as once Neuer comes back (in January?) he will be back to the bench. He needs to play.

KingLeo10

real if they ever get that midfield/fullback quartet going are probably the only superteam. barca can't be considered one because of the poor midfield, and bayern because of the lack of proper robbery replacements and issues with injuries.

psg and city are good but have flaws that can be exploited, like juventus did last season.

Home of Barca Fans