0 Thread(s)

Bernd Leno

Bernd Leno
    Height: 1.90m
    Club: Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nationality: Germany
    Position: Goalkeeper
    NT: Germany U21

I first saw this kid when he was playing for Leverkusen about three years ago against Bayern and he pulled off some of the best saves I had seen as a 18 or 19-year-old and I was really impressed. I haven't really followed him since but his rather un-Germanic name "Leno" and his great saves had struck my mind with a lasting impression. Along with our very own MAtS, he is considered one of the best young goalkeepers in the world (in the U21 bracket). MARCA just revealed that Real Madrid is interested in signing him this summer for 20m euros.

Last edited by Luftstalag14; 30th March 2015 at 03:43 AM.
    Sóc Culer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    MARCA just revealed that Real Madrid is interested in signing him this summer for 20m euros.
    MAKE IT HAPPEN, PLEASE GOD

Nah if they want a keeper it will be De gea, cant imagine he will cost much more than 20m euros either with his short contract, this guy would be an ideal replacement for us if he wanted to leave Bundesliga.
    Last edited by Martindn; 30th March 2015 at 07:59 AM.
    :stoner3:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why can't they just let Keylor Navas play more? IMO he's as good as any other player that is linked with Real, definitely better than Leno and Casillas.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imho the current 2nd best german keeper. (sorry Barca-Fans) and 3rd best in the league. Only second in penalties to Handanovic.

linetty
    Quote Originally Posted by Yannik View Post
    imho the current 2nd best german keeper. (sorry Barca-Fans) and 3rd best in the league. Only second in penalties to Handanovic.
    Yeah, probably. I love Leno and think he's a great keeper but he's playing regularly while ter Stegen isn't. I'd say they're equal.

Blaugrana al vent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leno is a better shot stopper than ter Stegen, but ter Stegen is much better with the ball at his feet.

First time I had watched Leno was Barca Bayer 7-1
    Last edited by te amo barca; 30th March 2015 at 02:55 PM.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hate to see Real Madrid grabbing a young, promising keeper, that's it. Rather they get the overrated De Gea.
    Sóc Culer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hate to see Real Madrid grabbing a young, promising keeper, that's it. Rather they get the overrated De Gea.
    How is De gea overrated?
    They are both good shot stopper.Leno is probably better at penalties and thats about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xavi_the_Boss View Post
    How is De gea overrated?
    They are both good shot stopper.Leno is probably better at penalties and thats about it.
    Because he plays for us bro, we cant have any good players its against the law.
    :stoner3:

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xavi_the_Boss View Post
    How is De gea overrated?
    Personal opinion of course, not right or wrong. It is just that I have never been impressed by De Gea, nothing against Manchester United.
    Sóc Culer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By ManU fans, definitely. The DDG mania created by Manu fans is borderline cringeworthy. You would think they are fans of a small-time club devoid of a decorated past, living in constant apprehension of losing the only quality player they have/had, and their club would cease to exist with his departure. No wonder Mendez is exploiting the desperation. I mean Courtois is a bigger talent, but CHL fans don't act like they'd commit mass suicide if he left.

Not saying DdG isn't quality. But his peers have done as well, even better this season. Lets take the example of his compatriot Sergio Asenjo, amongst the best Primera has seen this season, or Yann Sommer, but no one is calling either world's top 3/5, is it? One has the ManU/EPL hype machine behind him, the others play for clubs that don't really have the same clout. And before the fanboys jump at me, neither of them have a WC defense in front of them either.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was impressed by him when he 1st debuted with Leverkusen but after that not so much .wasn't very consistent IMO
    Don't know how he is doing this year though .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he is a good GK but not special like some here make him out to be - certainly not better than ter Stegen

there's been a similar discussion about Zieler in the past few years but it has died down after people now realised he is average

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In now way is De Gea overrated, anyone who thinks this probably doesn't watch him regularly.