New Member in Arizona via Michigan/Germany/Ohio

Hello everyone!

Barcelona fan since the early 2000's when thankfully I gained full cable access and the ability to watch many Barca matches from the comfort of my living room

I have been playing and following this wonderful sport since around 1980. I only wish we had the internet and so many football cable tv channels back then.

I grew up in Michigan and lived there till I graduated from high school, joined the army, and lived in Germany for most of my 4 years in the service. I went to Ohio for college and after graduating, I moved to Arizona to start working at my job where I have now been at for just over 19 years.

I look forward to getting involved in tons of interesting conversations with everyone and by the way, it is nice meeting each and everyone of you. :party1:

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey dude, welcome!

I only remember last season or two under Cruyff.
Can you tell us about some of the things you liked about Barca back in the 80s?

Egert

Estonian Culé
Welcome to this lovely forum! Hopefully you will have a great time here! :barca scarf:

I started following football in the 80's but didn't really get into following Barca till the 2000's as I was slow with the Internet and cable TV access.

I do remember bits and pieces prior to then but it was somewhere in mid eighties where I went from just a national team supporter to one who tried learning about the club level. It was at same time I was developing my own striker skills on the pitch.

This better describes my route I took to finally calling Barcelona my Spanish club and overall one of my 3 favorite football clubs.

I started playing this wonderful sport in 1980 when I was 10. Supporting wise though for much of the 80's, I was only following national teams. USA, Germany(I am part German), and the Netherlands(Total Football playing style). PBS with it's The Week in the Bundesliga highlights show was what introduced me to club football. Liverpool and it's famous patch on it's red jersey was the first club I peaked an interest in and still support them within English football to this day. I was curious about Bayern Munich and appreciated that they could highly represent on their German National team but I quickly learned about many of their evil ways in how they keep their fellow German clubs down. I was mostly a Bundesliga type when I went to live in Germany in early 1989 while in the army. That said, I would learn quickly about Ajax and Barcelona and their types with Cruyff. I liked how both tried to play a wonderful style of football which stuck with me as I was always a striker/winger while playing soccer. I really only got to follow Barcelona regularly in the late 1990's/ very early 2000's though as I was late to being able to have cable tv and the internet. The rest is history and you are stuck with me.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Btw. We have another member from the States who supports both Liverpool and Barca. Xavimessigirl

Anyway, nice to have another "oldtimer" with us. Starts to feel lonely when I start talking about Barca before Pep or Frank. :lol:

L

linetty

Welcome! I love Arizona and think it's a great place to live in along with Texas. I've been thinking recently about getting an allotment in Texas, on a ranch or something along those lines, that's my dream. :p Life's much better there than it is where I currently live.

Btw. We have another member from the States who supports both Liverpool and Barca. Xavimessigirl

Anyway, nice to have another "oldtimer" with us. Starts to feel lonely when I start talking about Barca before Pep or Frank. :lol:

I am old with a young soul. :rofl1:

As for Arizona, it is a nice scenic state for the most part that is beautiful albeit super hot for 3 or 4 months. Some people are too conservative for my tastes though.

and as someone that enjoys Borussia Dortmund from a Bundesliga perspective, I especially enjoyed seeing them knock out Bayern from the DFB Pokal Cup tournament in the semi final. It will be great when Barcelona knock them out of the Champions League and they are just left with the league title instead of their expected Trebal. :rockon:

Home of Barca Fans