Ticket Pricing/Standing Areas

Yannik

There has been a recent outrage about the insane prices and expensive traveling that you pay for attending your club's games and the lack of atmosphere in the stadiums due to that and the abscence of a standing area. In a Chelsea game there were allegedly Fan-chants played from a soundtape over the speakers in the stadium. Fans, Coaches, Players and politicians are upset about the lack of fan-orientation inside the league.
The recent big TV deal, leaves the FA with less and less arguments about why the tickets are so expensive. It looks as if TV-Fans get better treatment than loyal-Stadium-fans.

As an example for this treatment check ManUnited: You pay around an insane amount of 1.000 EUR for a season ticket at Old Trafford for all EPL games.
United however OBLIGES their season-ticket-holders to additionally attend the FA-Cup games (which is not what you paid for, so you have to buy those tickets aswell)
Whoever owns a season ticket, and didnt buy an additional ticket for the FA-Cup game against Cambridge for 70EUR, got suspended for the following game against Sunderland. No matter if you wanted to see a goalless draw vs 4th division Cambridge Town, or if you even had the time to do that in mid-week tuesday: You were banned, no excuse. And the game ended 0-0, so the game had to be repeated, and the ticket rule was also applied for that repeating game.

I'll just drop that thread here, so you might discuss it or give utterance to your anger,

Kerrybai

There has been a recent outrage about the insane prices and expensive traveling that you pay for attending your club's games and the lack of atmosphere in the stadiums due to that and the abscence of a standing area. In a Chelsea game there were allegedly Fan-chants played from a soundtape over the speakers in the stadium. Fans, Coaches, Players and politicians are upset about the lack of fan-orientation inside the league.
The recent big TV deal, leaves the FA with less and less arguments about why the tickets are so expensive. It looks as if TV-Fans get better treatment than loyal-Stadium-fans.

As an example for this treatment check ManUnited: You pay around an insane amount of 1.000 EUR for a season ticket at Old Trafford for all EPL games.
United however OBLIGES their season-ticket-holders to additionally attend the FA-Cup games (which is not what you paid for, so you have to buy those tickets aswell)
Whoever owns a season ticket, and didnt buy an additional ticket for the FA-Cup game against Cambridge for 70EUR, got suspended for the following game against Sunderland. No matter if you wanted to see a goalless draw vs 4th division Cambridge Town, or if you even had the time to do that in mid-week tuesday: You were banned, no excuse. And the game ended 0-0, so the game had to be repeated, and the ticket rule was also applied for that repeating game.

I'll just drop that thread here, so you might discuss it or give utterance to your anger,

Sure the season ticket prices might be expensive but spare a thought for us Barca fans who pay really high prices for matchday tickets. Heck over 150 quid to sit on the sideline vs PSG in the group stage.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Its just a different pricing structure. They charge extortionate amounts for season tickets and have cheaper match day tickets whereas we charge extortionate match day tickets and cheaper season tickets.

ManusXavi

I don't understand why Clubs worth 'Millions' don't want to spend money on standing areas that can be seated areas on UEFA Champions League days.

Jenks

I don't understand why Clubs worth 'Millions' don't want to spend money on standing areas that can be seated areas on UEFA Champions League days.

I'm pretty sure standing areas aren't allowed in the Premier League.

Bucky

Penya Member
May find this an interesting read.

Saw another article dedicated to safe standing but can't find where it is. Fact is they need to bring in safe standing, it's proven to work and will help with dropping ticket prices if the new TV deal wasn't enough already.

Too much dithering in the English game.

Bucky

Penya Member
Those who make noise general care, the one's who pour their heart & soul into the club.

I understand where they come from as it's the greatest way of showing support; the stadium is the church, the clubs chants & songs are the hymns.

Great, have a family stand but families shouldn't for example venture into the noisy stands. In fact they should join in, it's fun.

The prawn sarnie brigade as a horrid disease. Whether old, OK that's forgiveable, but those young enough who are merely glory hunters & plastics who just applaud - (a lot of Barça games) make me sick. In regards to Barça they don't even make the effort to learn the damn chants & songs, sorry but it was so irritating that myself and two guys behind me were the only one's in what seemed like the entire Gol Nord 2nd tier, who knew the hymns.

/rant :pep:

In regards to England, would love to travel to all the away games, if it's affordable - it's on the to do list :lol:

Andrew M

I remember seeing some picture of a guy at a Man City home game making a sandwich or something in his seat :lol:

Seriously, though, at least it is civilised. Preferable to hooliganism and racism which used to plague the game here

Bucky

Penya Member
Ha I'd love to see that.

Maybe for some it is, though I've sat in the prawn sarnie brigade section (free ticket is a free ticket), and whilst they generally applaud, you do get the odd old man standing up and hurling abuse at the manager - it's just a different form of expressing yourself I guess instead of jumping up & down and shouting profanities... you just stand out more as everyone around you sits down and shovels in those sandwiches.

I'd choose chants & songs over sitting quietly and applauding; it's boring.

If I want to watch the game in a crap atmosphere I'll watch the game at home on TV. If I'm going to go and freeze my nuts off I expect the atmosphere to be bouncing, winning or losing. That's why the Penya was so awesome because it felt like a big hug, everyone is in tune, loves Barça and "goes nuts".

Home of Barca Fans