Will Ronaldo or Bale leave this summer?

Who will leave this summer?

• Total voters

CuleLife4Life

Ronaldo will not stay at real madrid for long, maybe 1 more season tops. It will be interesting to see how madrid will evolve without cristiano.

I feel like they'd be a better team oriented squad. Although I can admit it feels like we're in the same boat with MSN, its not healthy to depend on one player to bail you out time and again. Benz and Bale take too many passes instead of shooting and I believe they can both make up for about half of CR's goal contribution if they didn't have him around. And of course they get rid of the one player who rarely does defensive work so their overall team defense gets better so technically they wouldn't miss CR's other goals that Bale and Benz aren't making up.

Morten

I feel like they'd be a better team oriented squad. Although I can admit it feels like we're in the same boat with MSN, its not healthy to depend on one player to bail you out time and again. Benz and Bale take too many passes instead of shooting and I believe they can both make up for about half of CR's goal contribution if they didn't have him around. And of course they get rid of the one player who rarely does defensive work so their overall team defense gets better so technically they wouldn't miss CR's other goals that Bale and Benz aren't making up.

This is all hypothetical, of course, we dont know Madrid will be a better or worse team with or without CR. Football is a game of chances. Personally i think its nonsense when people state that we would be better without him. In isolated matches, then yes, over a season? I doubt it.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I want to part ways with Ronaldo. At the end of the day Bale is young and a new investment. We got our money's worth from Ronaldo and it is a done deal now, we can part ways. Bale still owes us a lot and has it in him to pay that back if deployed properly. With Ronaldo, we cannot play him properly. Ronaldo is aging and breaking down, it is stupid not to sell him.

Let us say we do not get anyone in place of Ronaldo and just call back the loaned players

Iker
Carvajal Pepe Ramos Marcelo
James Modric Kroos Isco
Bale
Benzema

Kaylor
Danilo Varane Nacho Coentrao
Lucas Illa JoseRodriguez Denis
Jese Asensio

If we get Pogba or Reus I'd be super happy.

Morten

I want to part ways with Ronaldo. At the end of the day Bale is young and a new investment. We got our money's worth from Ronaldo and it is a done deal now, we can part ways. Bale still owes us a lot and has it in him to pay that back if deployed properly. With Ronaldo, we cannot play him properly. Ronaldo is aging and breaking down, it is stupid not to sell him.

Let us say we do not get anyone in place of Ronaldo and just call back the loaned players

Iker
Carvajal Pepe Ramos Marcelo
James Modric Kroos Isco
Bale
Benzema

Kaylor
Danilo Varane Nacho Coentrao
Lucas Illa JoseRodriguez Denis
Jese Asensio

If we get Pogba or Reus I'd be super happy.

You have to much faith in Bale i think, he hasnt looked any better or worse without Ronaldo on the pitch. The type of game we play is not suited for Bale, he is a quality player but i think he should be replaced next season. As for Ronaldo breaking down, no, not anytime soon. But its understandable to want to cash in while there still is time. Ronaldo stay or go, thats tricky, but i dont think Bale should be the one who we should put our trust in regardless.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I think CR7's decline is exagerated, he's going through a bad streak but he can't go from great first mid-season to finished in under a month, he'll be back, the problem that RM has while he's there is there's now way to groom his successor since he has to be the center of everything or he just doesn't perform at his best, so anyone with any self-esteem won't fit, there's really only Benzema that found his spot and is OK with it, any other rising star that RM might bring will want to shine on his own and it'll be a problem.

Morten

I think CR7's decline is exagerated, he's going through a bad streak but he can't go from great first mid-season to finished in under a month, he'll be back, the problem that RM has while he's there is there's now way to groom his successor since he has to be the center of everything or he just doesn't perform at his best, so anyone with any self-esteem won't fit, there's really only Benzema that found his spot and is OK with it, any other rising star that RM might bring will want to shine on his own and it'll be a problem.

The team doesnt neccessarily need to replace Ronaldo with a "successor", just find something that works as a team. The day he leaves will be a big loss no doubt, but a team doesnt have to rely on a big star, really. Doubt we would find anyone to really replace him with anyway.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
It's hard to imagine RM without a big star mate, I think Perez would stop watching the games :lol:

Basically something that works, even if RM is winning and the 3 forwards have a split number of goals that means no golden boot and no pichichi.. that means no big marketing vs messi = a heart attack for Perez.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

I think its a sliht decline, it was more the team suffering from lack of Modric, Ronaldo needs his team to perform well for him to get enough chances to score, him being rather invisible then scoring 1/2 goals is his regular form. This frustrated, angry version who misses chances more easily is not.
Dont know if his so called decline is enough for him to be dropped over Bale though, might be too soon for that.

Home of Barca Fans