Will Ronaldo or Bale leave this summer?

Who will leave this summer?

• Total voters

El Gato

Villarato!
14 goals and 2 assists season performance makes you worth 30M? Hardly. Best player in the world by 21 :lol:

On the other hand when you know he's gonna score 250-300 goals in the next 5 years then he's worth shitload and no one would blame Barca for spending a load to get him initially.

It doesn't even matter which player you put into the analogy. Point is - should Bale perform on 25-25 level each year, he would be well worth the money. Samely if Kaka had managed to not become a flop and his body didn't break down he'd be worth the 60 paid for him. It's the form after the transfer that defines the player's worth, not the one before it..

Also StarLord you're suggesting a more talented player as if Bale wasn't talented enough to be the BITW caliber. Well then..

F

Flavia

14 goals and 2 assists season performance makes you worth 30M? Hardly. Best player in the world by 21 :lol:

Messi was the best player in 2009, and he was 21 for half of that year... so why are you laughing?

El Gato

Villarato!
By 21. That means 2008 and prior. And when has every post become about Messi and the rest of the argument is ignored? Must have touched a nerve, which I really didn't intend on, lol.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
He won his first Ballon d'Or with historical advantage over the 2nd (CR7) at 21 and by then everyone knew what he'd become, you're not helping yourself saying he wasn't worth £30M at 21, he was worth WAY more already :)

F

Flavia

By 21. That means 2008 and prior. And when has every post become about Messi and the rest of the argument is ignored? Must have touched a nerve, which I really didn't intend on, lol.

No, 2009 and prior. I don't care about the rest of the argument, that's why I won't say anything about it. And Messi was the best player in the world by 21, that was his age during that 2-6.

El Gato

Villarato!
I think I'll stick with simple maths of 1987 + 21. Or we could apply the same logic to Ronaldo and say he was the best in 2001 after his 2002 World Cup! No matter he didn't even play a single game that year at Inter, haha. A year matters you see. And funniest of all, that's not even the point of the initial argument :lol:

The pettiness is astounding. Even managed to point out a completely irrelevant score, which helps your argument how?

I'll just wait for StarLord to reply since it's pretty much just us 2 having a decent discussion. I'll leave people's champ alone.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
If you have to explain metaphores then they're not very good ones !
My birthday is in may but I'm 29, not 30 even though i'm born in 1985.. but yeah, please leave us champ alone if you're not prepared to give coherent arguments :)

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Who wouldn't pay 30m for messi when he was 20?

And are you saying bake will give 25 goals and 25 assist year in year out?

F

Flavia

I think I'll stick with simple maths of 1987 + 21. Or we could apply the same logic to Ronaldo and say he was the best in 2001 after his 2002 World Cup! No matter he didn't even play a single game that year at Inter, haha. A year matters you see. And funniest of all, that's not even the point of the initial argument :lol:

The pettiness is astounding. Even managed to point out a completely irrelevant score, which helps your argument how?

I'll just wait for StarLord to reply since it's pretty much just us 2 having a decent discussion. I'll leave people's champ alone.

Yes, your pettiness is astonishing. You wrote an inflamatory post about Messi not being the best at 21 years old, which he was, and then complain about getting responses. Typical wolfe.

And how that 2-6 is irrelevant? It was just an example of Messi's playing level while 21 years old, one I knew you'd remember.

NotInHere

neither, Ronaldo is 30 and I don't exactly know how old Bale is but I'm assuming he's below 24, anyhow Bale will probably be sold in a few years, I don't see anything special in him at Madrid, or he might turn into a monster once Ronaldo takes a backseat to him, Ronaldo though is the tricky one, he has earned a place at madrid as the franchise player, he has been the face of Madrid for a good amount of years now. But hell no neither this summer

I think I'll stick with simple maths of 1987 + 21.

Messi is born in June. He played the entirety of the 2008-2009 season aged 21.
You made a mistake and can't own up to it and move on to whatever argument you are having.
BTW, transfer fees aren't to be disregarded altogether as sunk cost fallacy.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Ronaldo will not stay at real madrid for long, maybe 1 more season tops. It will be interesting to see how madrid will evolve without cristiano.

Home of Barca Fans