Will Ronaldo or Bale leave this summer?

Who will leave this summer?

• Total voters

CuleLife4Life

If Madrid don't win a trophy, CR will leave. The Bale project is too new for Perez and would be like us getting rid of Neymar. Regardless of form, Florentino's ego won't allow him to let Bale go as its an admission that it was a bust.

CR would leave as he sees his opportunity to win trophies diminish under the clown show that is Real Madrid in order to compete with Messi. At least in England you can win like 4 trophies in one season although 2 of them are like CDR. At least with Man Utd, who can afford to buy him esp with De Gea as an add one, look like they'll get CL. LVG seems to have found his formula bit by bit and adding CR to it will be the finished product. He'll be king of Manchester unlike in Madrid where he has to share his throne with Bale.

Morten

If Madrid don't win a trophy, CR will leave. The Bale project is too new for Perez and would be like us getting rid of Neymar. Regardless of form, Florentino's ego won't allow him to let Bale go as its an admission that it was a bust.

CR would leave as he sees his opportunity to win trophies diminish under the clown show that is Real Madrid in order to compete with Messi. At least in England you can win like 4 trophies in one season although 2 of them are like CDR. At least with Man Utd, who can afford to buy him esp with De Gea as an add one, look like they'll get CL. LVG seems to have found his formula bit by bit and adding CR to it will be the finished product. He'll be king of Manchester unlike in Madrid where he has to share his throne with Bale.

Since United will probably turn in a ridiculous bid for him, and considering he scored the goals in the finals last season, it would be a fair deal for us. Yeah, im sure Ronaldo would dream of the 3-4th battle if we dont win anything this season :)
If he wants trophies for free he should go to Bayern. And Ronaldo sharing his throne with Bale :lol: :lol: Bale hasnt done enough to get a share of the throne. There are many more worthy candidates to share the throne with than him.

StarLord

As I see it, Real Madrid have an excellent chance in cashing in on Ronaldo this coming summer.

As he will be finishing next season as a 31-year-old, it makes sense for Real Madrid to sell now when Ronaldo is still scoring lots of goals and is not considered old. If by next season, the performance levels drop or even if injuries return etc, expect his market price to plummet.

Selling him back to an EPL club makes a lot of sense for Real Madrid this coming summer. To be sure, they will be losing their number one and most recognizable star, but if Perez operates in a cool and calculating manner then he will definitely see the very strong rational behind selling CR7 this summer.

Bale was never worth his transfer fee and this has now completely dawned on Real Madrid. In Bale's case as well, Real Madrid is fortunate enough in that they can readily recoup all (or most) of their previously spent money due to the EPL clubs being more than willing (and able) to spend big in Gareth Bale.

If I were Perez, I would sell them both this very summer, regardless of what happens from now until the end of the season. Time for Real Madrid to create a 3rd Galactico phase with someone younger and less embarrassingly cocky than CR7, and someone more talented than Bale. They belong more to the EPL.

El Gato

Villarato!
Transfer fee talk.. *vomit* Had you paid £30M for Messi when he was 20, would he be worth it then when he wasn't what he would become after 5-7 years? Will Bale be worth it when he pulls 25/25 in the each of the next few seasons?

Even though I agree with the reasoning for selling Ronaldo ahead of Bale for the exactly the reasons StarLord outlined in the first 3 paragraphs, neither will leave. It's pointless to discuss. Neither guy underperforming is their own fault. They worked very well in the previous season, but for different reasons.

@down
I'll rephrase. If you paid for £30M for Messi when he was 20 and nowhere near what he is now, would you consider it an overpayment if you knew he'd become a guy who scores some 90 goals per season?

I never understood why are transfer fees being talked about when the transfer happens, lol, so stupid. I remember people here saying 90M is an overpayment for Ronaldo when it happened :lol:

Transfer fee =/= market value...

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Transfer fee talk.. *vomit* Had you paid £30M for Messi when he was 20, would he be worth it then when he wasn't what he would become after 5-7 years? Will Bale be worth it when he pulls 25/25 in the each of the next few seasons?

What are you on about? No seriously, I don't really follow what you mean with that.

El Gato

Villarato!
What does it matter if it was made by madridista? Judging a player by his transfer fee as he is brought in is downright idiotic.

And I did answer the question in the poll too in case no-one noticed, because Messi was mentioned.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Wolfe's post. He thought you were a barca fan talking about transfer fees. Hence why his post, using Messi as comparison.

I don't think that has anything to do with me since I never really mentioned transfer fees.

StarLord

Even though I agree with the reasoning for selling Ronaldo ahead of Bale for the exactly the reasons StarLord outlined in the first 3 paragraphs, neither will leave. It's pointless to discuss. Neither guy underperforming is their own fault. They worked very well in the previous season, but for different reasons.

@down
I'll rephrase. If you paid for £30M for Messi when he was 20 and nowhere near what he is now, would you consider it an overpayment if you knew he'd become a guy who scores some 90 goals per season?

I never understood why are transfer fees being talked about when the transfer happens, lol, so stupid. I remember people here saying 90M is an overpayment for Ronaldo when it happened :lol:

Transfer fee =/= market value...

The point I was making regarding Bale's transfer fee was that it makes sense for Real Madrid to try and recoup that money as long as Bale is still very young and can be shifted to the EPL and re-invest the money in another (or others) more talented player.

Messi was way better than £30m when he was 20. By age 21 he far and away the best player on the planet. Very bad analogy.

Home of Barca Fans