Praise for new signings

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Before the final stretch of the season Barca find themselves in pole position in La Liga, Copa final and well deserved into Champions league quarter finals.

City and Madrid were just beaten in 4 days and I was well pleased to see our new guys being instrumental in both wins.

vs. City - sole goal by Rakitic and victory secured by Stegen's saved penalty

vs. Real - both goals from new guys (Mathieu, Suárez) and some crucial saves by Bravo.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
We've made some good signings this summer (along with awful ones).

Rakitic, Suarez, MAtS and Bravo have all been excellent. Mathieu has also been solid in the last two games.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Rakitic has been a lot better than I expected, he's a much higher quality player than I gave him credit for
Mathieu is good, I still feel like he's not world class but he too is better than I expected
Suarez is about as good as I thought he would be, glad to see he hasn't had any behaviour issues
Bravo has been way better than I thought, but then again I didn't know much about him
Ter Stegen has been around the level I expected, although I definitely thought he would play more
I thought Vermaelen would actually be a good signing, but he hasn't played at all so he's done worse
And Douglas is Douglas

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You don't have to have 11 world class individuals if the team clicks right. It's been proved over and over again.
Besides, we have Messi in our team.

G

Gasgas

Before the final stretch of the season Barca find themselves in pole position in La Liga, Copa final and well deserved into Champions league quarter finals.

City and Madrid were just beaten in 4 days and I was well pleased to see our new guys being instrumental in both wins.

vs. City - sole goal by Rakitic and victory secured by Stegen's saved penalty

vs. Real - both goals from new guys (Mathieu, Suárez) and some crucial saves by Bravo.
Also suarez's goals in the first leg vs city

DrPepper

Yeah, our signings weren't THAT bad, it's just that players like Vermaelen and Douglas left a rather sour taste. Especially considering Douglas was our last signing before the start of the transfer ban.

Home of Barca Fans