Pique or Ramos?

• Pique

Votes: 49 89.1%
  • Ramos

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters

Devils

Ramos.

If Pique doesn't have a leader figure to light a fire under his ass he turns to shit.

L

linetty

Ramos.

If Pique doesn't have a leader figure to light a fire under his ass he turns to shit.
Who is that leader now then? Because for me it seems that it's actually Pique who's the leader right now...

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
It's a hard one, Ramos last season has been an absolute beast on headers at crucial moments ( not just the final ) and he has that rage to win that I don't see in Pique, but in turn, he also commits stupid mistakes some times like the ones that cost them the cdr against ATM..

And Pique, well, when he's on form like now he's just an absolute beast :)

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Boateng.

:p

No, of those two only, clearly Ramos if both were to be compared at the height of their abilities.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Boateng.

:p

No, of those two only, clearly Ramos if both were to be compared at the height of their abilities.

If we're only talking about defending then Pique is by far the better of both when both of them are at their peak.

If we're including things like goals then obviously Ramos comes on top.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Ramos is a monster on the offense (set-pieces!), yes. I don't remember Pique to be of any threat at all 99% of times. Also, he is not really fast paced (ok, Ramos neither, I guess). Ramos is also what we in Germany call an "aggressive leader", which is usually a good thing to have. Pique just doesn't strike me as that kind of guy.
Also, Pique is more error prone on average, I think.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ramos is a monster on the offense (set-pieces!), yes. I don't remember Pique to be of any threat at all 99% of times. Also, he is not really fast paced (ok, Ramos neither, I guess). Ramos is also what we in Germany call an "aggressive leader", which is usually a good thing to have. Pique just doesn't strike me as that kind of guy.

A monster on offensive set pieces he is. He is fast for a CB too. Aggressive leader? Less error prone? Hmmmm.... If you call being a hot headed brainless chicken for that then I guess that's it.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Pique has more goals (7?) than Ramos this season.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

A monster on offensive set pieces he is. He is fast for a CB too. Aggressive leader? Less error prone? Hmmmm.... If you call being a hot headed brainless chicken for that then I guess that's it.

Well... somebody who is able to light a fire under his teammates arses, if that is what the situation requires. Something Kahn or van Bommel used to do for Bayern. van Bommel was actually the first who that term was coined after by the German press ;)
Ramos is such a guy plus the occasional aggression retardation (what you refer to by "hot headed brainless chicken).

7 goals by Pique? Really? I wasn't aware.
Just looked it up on transfermarkt, 30 matches, 6 goals. That is indeed not a bad count for a CB at all. That is rather unusual for him though , is it not?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Just looked it up on transfermarkt, 30 matches, 6 goals. That is indeed not a bad count for a CB at all. That is rather unusual for him though , is it not?

It's his highest scoring season. But no, he usually score 3-4 goals per season, while Ramos I believe averages 5-6 per season. I actually think Pique and Ramos are tied for goals right now. Wikipedia credits them both with 6 each for the season.

DinhoR10

Well... somebody who is able to light a fire under his teammates arses, if that is what the situation requires. Something Kahn or van Bommel used to do for Bayern. van Bommel was actually the first who that term was coined after by the German press ;)
Ramos is such a guy plus the occasional aggression retardation (what you refer to by "hot headed brainless chicken).

He's in his top form right now, which he hasn't been in the past 2 seasons.

Defending wise Pique is better in top form, Ramos scored alot of crucial goals last season but I don't know if i could say that Ramos is WAY better offensively if you've seen some of the goals he's scored, I've never seen Ramos score a goal like the one pique did against Inter.

Home of Barca Fans