DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
monaco-fabinho_213141_MONACO_FABINHO_101013.jpg

Full name: Fábio Henrique Tavares
Date of birth: 23 October 1993
Place of birth: Campinas, Brazil
Height: 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)
Playing position: Right back
Current team: Monaco (on loan from Rio Ave)

Heard a lot about this guy. How good is he?

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Haven't seen much of him, but he seems to be defensive minded RB, although he is now playing as CM at Monaco because of injuries. Called for Brazil's NT for the first time bwt.

G

Gasgas

I really wish i found a vide showing his highlights
That would be great

Barcelonista

Watching him play against Arsenal I think he is a very capable defender. Dont know about his attacking game cause Monaco is not really attacking today. Should be better than Alves or Montoya on the least though.

G

Gasgas

:dance:
But i still need to see his highlights. I am not waching the arsenal game

CuleLife4Life

And for RM's first team for 14min. so we can't buy him:p. He seems to be good defensively, but Monaco is such a defensive team that is really hard to judge his attacking abilities.

From what I've seen, I wouldn't classify him as an attacking fullback. Much more defensive.

EdmondDantes

I've been keeping an eye on this lad for a while. He's got potential to be top notch, very composed and mature for someone who's only 21, got pace, can play DM as well. Dunga called him up for the last round of friendlies but I don't think he played any part in those.

There are a few other young Monaco players who could be big players as well.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Someone who watches him regularly who can profile him for us?

What about you EdmonDantes? His strength and weaknesses, his current level and how far you think he can go, whether he can replace Alves and is good enough to start for Barca, whether he got the attacking game along with his defensive prowess which have been mentioned a lot etc...

Last edited:

Bertus

Someone who watches him regularly who can profile him for us?

What about you EdmonDantes? His strength and weaknesses, his current level and how far you think he can go, whether he can replace Alves and is good enough to start for Barca, whether he got the attacking game along with his defensive prowess which have been mentioned a lot etc...
Since I watched more than half of his games since he signed with Monaco, here what I think:

• - As said above, he's better defensively.
  • - He's tall compared to many fullbacks. He's not that bad in the air. He's nowhere near TS or Marquinhos, but he's good. Better than many FB.
  • - His weak points are passes, and crosses. It's good enough for the french league, but not if he ever joins a club like Barca.
  • - Monaco relies more on Kurzawa offensively.
  • - He played 6 a few times but to be honest, didn't impress much.
  • - Good mental. He has no problems when he faces clubs like PSG, marseille and now everyone could see it in CL too.

He's not the best fullback around, but a very solid one. And who was already very solid and even more impressive last season under Ranieri system mostly because of Jardim new tactic as I'll explain below.

He's doing better right now than at the beginning of the current season since Jardim switched from a full offensive tactic, to a defensive one. It doesn't work to be very offensive in french league where 90% of the clubs just play very defensively. Now Monaco became a tank with deadly counter attacks.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans