Fabinho

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
To understand what Valverde likes when it comes to Midfielders, you just have to look at his Bilbao.

He absolutely loved his standard simple Midfielders like Mikel San Jose, Benat, etc. Guys who ordinary and serviceable, easy to mold them into pressing, defending and trying to win the ball back style of players while the more creative players in the team such as the attackers do all creative work to try and get it to Adruiz to score.

Benat is a bad example I think. He is very intelligent with good passing and technique. There was a time when he was being linked with a move to Barca.

Catta

Everyone talks about VVD but arguably their two most influential players these days are Firmino and Fabinho tbh

You must be joking. You are overrating Firmino too much, he is not anything special, just a workhorse. No sane manager would take Firmino over players like Salah, Mane, Alisson and Van Dijk. If Klopp had to choose which player to let go from those lot, 10 out of 10 times that would be Firmino. He had and average last season, especially in the CL.

Zidane82

You must be joking. You are overrating Firmino too much, he is not anything special, just a workhorse. No sane manager would take Firmino over players like Salah, Mane, Alisson and Van Dijk. If Klopp had to choose which player to let go from those lot, 10 out of 10 times that would be Firmino. He had and average last season, especially in the CL.

Firmino a carthorse ??

That comment alone deserves a long ban !!

I didn’t ever read past that ...

Catta

Firmino a carthorse ??

That comment alone deserves a long ban !!

I didn’t ever read past that ...

Of course you didn't read after that, because its true, and any argument against that would be idiotic.

This is not a Liverpool forum, if you don't like when someone criticizes your favorite team and player, you should leave. If someone deserves a ban it is you for your constant Liverpool fanboying.

Pfmpd1

I've read some shite in my time, what you've just typed is up there.

Firmino is the first name on the team sheet, probably equal to vvd.

EdmondDantes

Just here watching this 6'3 monster dribbling past Kovacic and Jorginho and playing a brilliant through ball to Mane that won them a free kick near Chelsea's box. Which Trent aptly scored from.

He can do everything.

Riordon

He is a dime.

Lots of users, mostly Jombi, wanted him as a Busquest replacement. Best DM in the world by far.

Ideal DM IMO. He is the type I always talk about we need. Someone who loves the art of defending but have great skills on the ball aswell.

Anybody like him out there? Florentino Luis from Benfica is that type of DM but Benfica already wants 120m with City. United, PSG being interested :/

Last edited:

Lutece FC

Paris Saint Germain wanted him for a long time. The deal was almost done between Monaco and Paris S.G. but the agent fees made the deal impossible and finally he signed for Liverpool the year after.

He is great.

EdmondDantes

Pass-master.

MOTM tonight.

-
Just seen someone say he's Alonso and Masche rolled into one - I dig it.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Pass-master.

MOTM tonight.

-
Just seen someone say he's Alonso and Masche rolled into one - I dig it.

Will always be a disappointment PSG didn't manage to bring him with Mbappé in 2017. Without he U turn of Monaco, things could have been so different (less money spent for guys like Paredes, maybe we wouldn't have been eliminated as early in CL).

clemente

Guy would be absolute bum if he came here under Valverde, his carreer was going downhill but Klopp turned it around.

Newcomer

Guy would be absolute bum if he came here under Valverde, his carreer was going downhill but Klopp turned it around.

His career was "going downhill" for one reason and it is because Monaco had sold everyone but kept him. After that, Monaco went to shit and is still mildly shit. Fabinho was disappointed because he wanted to go to PSG with Mbappé to get a better chance for the WC.
Then he went to Liverpool, a very good side and found his confidence back. I don't think he would fit Barcelona style though. However, he could play in any PL team (bar City maybe), any team in Serie A, PSG, Bundesliga, la Liga (not sure with Real Madrid). It is not Klopp magic.

clemente

They got this guy for Paulinho money, and it's not like he was some underground secret talent, I'll never understand this board.

Home of Barca Fans