Fabinho

Morten

Arsenal tried to get him as well, God knows they need a solid DM in their team, 50 mill euro wont get them far this summer, if thats really all they can spend.

Neeraj

Liverpool with it's first transfer wrapped up just days after the season has ended. Wish we could make some signings this smoothly :lol:

Andrew M

Liverpool with it's first transfer wrapped up just days after the season has ended. Wish we could make some signings this smoothly :lol:

As long as they're the right player it doesn't matter when. I can think of many teams who have had poor seasons after getting their business done early.

Neeraj

As long as they're the right player it doesn't matter when. I can think of many teams who have had poor seasons after getting their business done early.

It's a comment stemming from the fact that we tend to have way too many transfer sagas...Coutinho, Fabregas, Dembele, Neymar (in and out)...

Would be nice to have some of our targets signed smoothly. Bayern seems to excel at this. Getting their targets early and without too much fuss.

Andrew M

It's a comment stemming from the fact that we tend to have way too many transfer sagas...Coutinho, Fabregas, Dembele, Neymar (in and out)...

Would be nice to have some of our targets signed smoothly. Bayern seems to excel at this. Getting their targets early and without too much fuss.

It's because we're going after top class players whose clubs generally don't wish to sell. Liverpool don't shop at the top of the market like we try to. Bayern also are pretty cheap and don't buy stars.

It's not exactly hard to get Fabinho out of Monaco.

Neeraj

It's because we're going after top class players whose clubs generally don't wish to sell. Liverpool don't shop at the top of the market like we try to. Bayern also are pretty cheap and don't buy stars.

It's not exactly hard to get Fabinho out of Monaco.

That's not a bad way to go though. OF course, there will always be that marquee player want to sign which takes it's sweet time, but every transfer window we seem to have sagas, chasing players we can't get, etc. Umtiti was one of the rare signings we made that was cheap and came out of the blue, and coincidentally, worked too.

What I'm trying to say is that quick signings, even if they aren't big star players as such, shows that the management is planning and has foresight and working through the season on targets with a clear plan. Too often with us it seems we are making reactionary purchases, and last minute scrambles, and we often have to overpay because of this. It would be nice to know that the board has a clear plan, but maybe that's expecting too much from this board, which we know to be shit.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We fuck up often because we go for our marquee signings late in the summer.

Should start targetting them earlier.

xXKonan

Seems like he and Keita are struggling in the EPL so far for Liverpool.

Fabinho looked miles off pace vs Arsenal.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

Just checked the Liverpool - Bayern score and apparently this guy was boss as an emergency centre back for them. That's on top of being an excellent midfielder there once he settled.

That 50 mil is looking cheap. I always thought he was Monaco's best midfielder that season.

Arizona Scott

I watched both at the same time today (split screen), and lots of other Liverpool matches. Fabinho has become 1st choice on the team sheet and plays many positions at a top level. He was very good in his not preferred position of LCB. One of the best buys last summer.

Liverpool BTW was also extremely unclinical. Mane is a good player but what misses.

cracken

I think he's shit but what evs.
Play him against a intense high press side and he's a liability.

Where are you getting this nonsense from? Fabinho was one of the main reasons why Monaco elminated Pep's Manchester City and Tuchel's Dortmund, two sides who press relentlesly .

Calling him " shit " is simply an indefensible position, and frankly it doesn't even merit any serious consideration.

Home of Barca Fans