Lliga: (El Clasico) FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 2-1

MaxY

Devil May Cry
RM were in ridiculously good form, we were still finding our feet with the new manager - Suàrez's first game... a lot was expected of him but the chemistry was rightly already stated = zero, nada, 0

/

As already stated, that is my favourite line up with Bravo, Alves, Piqué, Bartra, Alves, Raki, Masch (if no Busi), Iniesta, M, S, N.

Can't wait and I'm more confident if Mathieu does NOT play. I know form goes out the window in every derby game but there's something about this Barça team at the moment that reassure's me that they have what it takes.

Wait what. You guys won first 8 games in a row without conceding a goal and we failed like 2 games and were in a pretty bad form.

Kohe321

Wait what. You guys won first 8 games in a row without conceding a goal and we failed like 2 games and were in a pretty bad form.

Those stats do not tell the whole story, in fact far from it. If you watched our games, you would see that our level of play was pretty bad even if we won, and when we won it was mostly due to Messi and invididual performances, unlike now where we play awesome as a unit. The fact that we didn't concede was about one of the only positive things you could say about our play, and it was also partly due to luck on several occasions.

You guys were playing much better in the fall, and when the 23rd of October came around with the clasico we were still very much experimenting with the lineups in midfield, let alone where Suarez was going to be playing. Also the midfield covering for the fullbacks issue was still being solved at that point.

Last edited:

agm2502

Can't wait for the game, flying to Barca Saturday and got my match ticket ready for Sunday night. I feel it is a must win game if we want to win the league, Madrid have an easier end to the season and if we are 4 points clear we can afford one slip up at least.

Bucky

Penya Member
Those stats do not tell the whole story, in fact far from it. If you watched our games, you would see that our level of play was pretty bad even if we won, and when we won it was mostly due to Messi and invididual performances, unlike now where we play awesome as a unit. The fact that we didn't concede was about one of the only positive things you could say about our play, and it was also partly due to luck on several occasions.

You guys were playing much better in the fall, and when the 23rd of October came around with the clasico we were still very much experimenting with the lineups in midfield, let alone where Suarez was going to be playing. Also the midfield covering for the fullbacks issue was still being solved at that point.

+9000

Exactly, a lot of those games, whilst should have been "easy" at times looked a bit uncomfortable. Not the Barça we are used to and grinding out results. It was 4 wins, we drew to Malaga. When we played a big team, PSG, it showed our fears to be true that we were not completely comfortable and lacked a threatening attack. Build up was slow. Counter attacking football? Forget that.

Dare I say we looked fragile v big teams, it was nail biting stuff but the turn of the year has seen change and now I believe we have much more confidence and look comfortable. Controlled and know when to step it up a notch.

Can't wait for the game, flying to Barca Saturday and got my match ticket ready for Sunday night. I feel it is a must win game if we want to win the league, Madrid have an easier end to the season and if we are 4 points clear we can afford one slip up at least.

Enjoy!

They do certainly look like on paper to have a far easier end. I cannot see anyone realistically looking to give them much challenge, unless Valencia & Sevilla can pull an upset if RM are say in their current form as of late.

/

Oh and is Ramos back?

Last edited:

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters

I'm so jealous. Hope you have a great time and we can celebrate a win!!! :barca scarf:

Darko

I really think we can trash them, the games against Altetico and City have given me faith in the team again after some horrible big games the past few seasons.

This is probably our toughest match remaining this season. People are very optimistic, and thats good, but we cant afford to be too context focused. Yeah, real is out of form, we have had a decent run lately and so on, but quality is quality.

If real suddenly decides - as we did after christmas - to play good football again, they have a stronger line up. Their Defense and midfield is stronger, while our msn is some steps ahead if bbc.

I think we can win, but it wont be as easy as everyone thinks, manita style. Pretty much msn must win us the match. Hope for another brilliant game from pique though. He has been really impressive.

Bucky

Penya Member
This is probably our toughest match remaining this season. People are very optimistic, and thats good, but we cant afford to be too context focused. Yeah, real is out of form, we have had a decent run lately and so on, but quality is quality.

If real suddenly decides - as we did after christmas - to play good football again, they have a stronger line up. Their Defense and midfield is stronger, while our msn is some steps ahead if bbc.

I think we can win, but it wont be as easy as everyone thinks, manita style. Pretty much msn must win us the match. Hope for another brilliant game from pique though. He has been really impressive.

76c9925c1eaedf229265cd97c8f118aac85efc1eb290984dad0e281f57f93647.jpg

I think a kroos, modric, isco midfield is better Than a raki, busi, iniesta midfield. Is that too far off?

Defense? Ramos, pepe, carvajal, marcelo is better Than alves, mathieu, pique, alba. Too far off. No.

But I also think msn is capable of beating Madrid in their own. And I also think bravo is a better golie Than casillas. Am I wrong? No.

Home of Barca Fans