Aly Cissokho

samg85

Eric Abidal, Patrice Evra, Gael Clichy, and Aly Cissokho. France sure has a surplus of top left-backs. Too bad I can't say the same for England.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
We need him, instantly.
his workrate is Alveslike, great physique, blast of a shot, faaaaaaaaast, ... and a funny mouth!

He would be great in the 3-4-3 when in possession, a mirrored Alves.

Sewelly

Eric Abidal, Patrice Evra, Gael Clichy, and Aly Cissokho. France sure has a surplus of top left-backs. Too bad I can't say the same for England.

Ashley Cole is better than all of them imo. But yes he's the only one England have.

beef-supreme

Ashley Cole is better than all of them imo. But yes he's the only one England have.

Haha no way, absolutely no way. Ashley Cole is a good LB, no doubt, but he is overrated because he is England's only LB. He is a twat of a person and he is completely unspectacular - he doesn't offer anything special going forwards like a Tremoulinas or a Cissokho, and he isn't as good defensively as Abidal. Sure, he's a good LB, a good balanced one at that, but he is definitely overrated.

Hydro2oo9

Only still young with alot to learn, I have good feelings about this player and think he would be worth the gamble by Barcelona for the future.

Not really, Warnocks very underrated and Baines is also a good left-back.

Neither are world-class though and wouldn't get into Barcelona, but they are decent left backs.

Same with right-back. There is only reall Johnson and he is overrated in my view. The only other options are all poor on a world footballing scale of things.

Last edited:

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Haha no way, absolutely no way. Ashley Cole is a good LB, no doubt, but he is overrated because he is England's only LB. He is a twat of a person and he is completely unspectacular - he doesn't offer anything special going forwards like a Tremoulinas or a Cissokho, and he isn't as good defensively as Abidal. Sure, he's a good LB, a good balanced one at that, but he is definitely overrated.

I agree with the unspectacular going forward but he is still a great attacking full back, I think Ivanovic playing over the Boss has allowed him to do that this year. Defensively he is much better than Abidal, let's not forget last season Palanca made Abidal look stupid. Also owned Ronaldo every time they've met. Ashley Cole for the most part this season has been better than Evra, definitely his best season since he joined Chelsea.

Muniesa is primarily a CB, but will serve as a full back much like Puji as he breaks into the side.

beef-supreme

I agree with the unspectacular going forward but he is still a great attacking full back, I think Ivanovic playing over the Boss has allowed him to do that this year. Defensively he is much better than Abidal, let's not forget last season Palanca made Abidal look stupid. Also owned Ronaldo every time they've met. Ashley Cole for the most part this season has been better than Evra, definitely his best season since he joined Chelsea.

Muniesa is primarily a CB, but will serve as a full back much like Puji as he breaks into the side.

That's true, this is also why he has scored a couple of goals when he was never really known for that.
Indeed, but then Abidal has come on in leaps and bounds and really was invincible this season until injury struck.

I suppose that it is difficult to debate, because for all of the lack of Cashley's flair and natural attacking instinct, i guess that it isn't really possible to point out who is a better LB. I suppose that LB is the weakest position in world football.

That would be ideal, but you know how Pep refused to play Martin as a LB. I honestly don't see Muniesa coming in until Puyol is on crutches because Pep is always so slow to let the youngsters come up and also, Pep is not very experimental. I was surprised when he put Maxwell as RB, other than that Yaya was a necessity at CB. But you could see all along that he was never realistically going to give Caceres the LB position even though he could boss it with his speed - as he has shown at Juve. Also, he has refused for e.g. to let Marquez play DM when he could have bene useful.
Although Pep has been quite open to changing formations, he doesn't like to give players different roles, imo.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
I think Pep just favors certain players. Muniesa will most likely serve as an apprentice LB in the first team then be blooded into the CB role like Puyol was in the early part of the decade. From seeing him pre season I have no doubt the lad could do it now. He was great against Man City. He gave his debut very young, 17 and 57 days after he had quite a serious injury, next year I think we'll see more of the lad.

As for Ashley, you know he was playing well when someone so hated gets plaudits. Just hope he is fit for the WC.

beef-supreme

I think Pep just favors certain players. Muniesa will most likely serve as an apprentice LB in the first team then be blooded into the CB role like Puyol was in the early part of the decade. From seeing him pre season I have no doubt the lad could do it now. He was great against Man City. He gave his debut very young, 17 and 57 days after he had quite a serious injury, next year I think we'll see more of the lad.

As for Ashley, you know he was playing well when someone so hated gets plaudits. Just hope he is fit for the WC.

Hmm we'll see, but for me it appears to be an age thing. Busquets, Pedro and Jeffren all old enough to play even though they probably possess less raw talent than Bojan, Thiago and Muniesa - who barely play at all.
But we shall see. I think that these 3 players will play major roles in pre-seasons and friendlies until they are old enough; that's my take.

Yes you're right, he has had a fantastic season for the most part.

Sewelly

He's an absolute cockend of a person but he's been one of the best left backs in the world for a number of years. I guess you didn't see him earlier in the season? He was arguably Chelsea's best player up until his injury - him and Ivanovic were great.

He's better than both Tremoulinas or Cissokho - especially defensively. People seem to rate full backs these days on how good they are going forward. I'm sorry but Tremoulinas is an absolute liablity defensively (Champions League last week a prime example).

Home of Barca Fans