Who would you pick: Verratti or Gundogan?

Who would you pick: Verratti or Gundogan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kohe321

If the choice was between getting Verratti or Gundogan this summer, who would you pick and why? For the poll, let's imagine that both would cost the same. However, please specify in a post who you would like more given the real world difficulty of signing each of them as well.

Personally I would like Gundogan. His attacking flair and passing is just something to behold. Verratti is good at control, shielding the ball and fighting for it like a hero, and he has great passing and dribling to back it up. But he's not as sharp or dangerous going forward as Gundogan is. Gundogan has that pace, vision and ability to hit those incredible game opening passes that is just a joy to behold. Imagining him behind our trio of forwards up top makes my mouth water...

Even if Verratti would cost the same as a small country to buy, and Gundogan could be purchased for around, what, 30m from Dortmund, I'd still pick Gundogan if both were priced the same. Or, well, I'd buy both then, but you get the picture. :D

So which player would you want more to don the Blaugrana? :barca scarf:

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Gundogan because Verratti is impossible to get. Another Thiago Silva and Marquinhos saga? NO THANKS!

Icarium

Lifestealer
Gundogan because Verratti is impossible to get. Another Thiago Silva and Marquinhos saga? NO THANKS!

Then what is the point of this people? Just change the title to who is affordable..... and gundogon wins all votes and close the poll -_-

I vote for verratti solely based on players ability and without considering dealing with psg and all. But if i was barca manager/board i would snatch gundogan right away because i know psg won't sell verratti.

Leo_Messi

Verratti obviously. He is simply amazing and he would fit into the team like a clove. He is a hybrid between Xavi and Mascherano. Just thinking about a possible partnership between him and Busquets is a mouthwatering prospect IMO. Say what you want.

Having said that then if Gündogan is able to return to the level that he showed during the 2012-2013 season then he would be a very, very good option as well. A much more realistic option too.

I think that Pogba should have been included in this poll. As we are likely to be interested in all 3 players if we are not already.

Kohe321

Then what is the point of this people? Just change the title to who is affordable..... and gundogon wins all votes and close the poll -_-

Djeez it's not a vote for public office anyway, just pick the one you would want in Barcelona the most, forget about price if it makes life easier.

F

Flavia

Verratti, surely. Younger, and I like his overall game a bit more.

But I'd be happy with Gundogan too.

L

linetty

If both at the same price - Verratti. Considering the other would be more reasonable economically - Gundogan.

I'm voting for the reasonable option.

Last edited:

DrPepper

Verratti obviously. He is simply amazing and he would fit into the team like a clove.

Hybrid of Mascherano and Xavi? Not sure. Being tenacious doesn't mean being Mascherano.

In this case Gündogan would be a hybrid of Xavi and Arturo Vidal.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Djeez it's not a vote for public office anyway, just pick the one you would want in Barcelona the most, forget about price if it makes life easier.

Yeah that is what i am saying too, everyone should vote for the player who they want most without considering psg will sell or not...

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
If a deal were agreed for an identical transfer fee with both clubs, then I'd pick Veratti. Unfortunately, in the real world, one does not hope to deal with PSG for a star player successfully. I would also say that the pre-injury Gundogan we saw in 12/13 is better than Veratti right now. So my pick is Ilkay Gundogan.

Home of Barca Fans