FC Barcelona, Rosell and Bartomeu to stand trial for alleged fiscal fraud

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Judge Ruiz has charged FC Barcelona, Sandro Rosell and Josep Maria Bartomeu with tax fraud and the case will now go to trial.

All over Catalan and Spanish media. Will update this with a news story in English and the club's statement as they come.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Fucking Spain.
Madrid sells their ground in shadiest deal of century (sponsored by their conservative gov.) and they don't answer for anything

Kohe321

Since they are also charging FC Barcelona and not just Rosell and Barto, what could the club receive as a penalty should they lose in court? Somehow I feel that is more likely than a victory with these guys...

And of course this news comes just before the City and clasico games as well... I hope this doesn't affect the players or coach in any way.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Since they are also charging FC Barcelona and not just Rosell and Barto, what could the club receive as a penalty should they lose in court? Somehow I feel that is more likely than a victory with these guys...

And of course this news comes just before the City and clasico games as well... I hope this doesn't affect the players or coach in any way.

Yeah, this is what makes me very nervous. We can't afford any more penalties.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
They sure did screw up with the "Caso Neymar" but this is carefully being manipuled by Madrid to hit as hard as possible! New fact is that they charge the club too now, not just the presidents ... I'm very anxious to have more info about possibles penalties that could occur, if it's "just" money it'd be alright, but it can get worst if it's something sport related like game bans, penalty points or something like that :(

I really hope this doesn't affect the players ..

EDIT : AS says in case they are convicted and the undeclared amount is more than 600.000€ (it's +-12M€) the judgment could be from 2 to 6years of prison! Shit just got VERY real for both Rosell and Barto here ..

No info about what the club could face yet.

Last edited:

Richard.H

Shit like this really affects the performance of the team. This is why I want Laporta in. He keeps the politics hidden as much as he can (even though he can be shady too).

Kohe321

Hopefully the team can have a similar reaction as they did the last time there were storms surrounding the club like after the Sociedad game. We then went on an 11 game winning streak smashing Atletico three times in a row. I hope this just makes them even more determined to smash City and Madrid.

Last edited:

Vlom

It is obviously more political than administrative, Barça is not helped either by being so radically independentists though

Vlom

Hopefully the team can have a similar reaction as they did the last time there were storms surrounding the club like after the Sociedad game. We then went on an 11 game winning streak smashing Atletico three times in a row. I hope this just makes them even more determined to smash City and Madrid.

This is different imo mate, "crisis" in january was tchit-tchat in the vestuary, sport/coaching decisions and the such .. now we're talking about the ex and actual presidents of the clubs potentially going to jail, who knows how far they can also try to bully neymar or his father... no, it's another dimension alltogether!

And I still can't find any info concerning what could happen worst case scenario to the club, that's what worries me most!

F

Flavia

In english: http://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/detail/article/fc-barcelona-declarations-on-judge-ruz-s-decision

B__2mlZUgAA_vz4.jpg

B__2snSU0AAx6g8.jpg

jairzinho

From the minute it became clear that there was investigations into this case, the socios should have moved to remove Rossell, Bartomeu and the Board from the helm, so as to prevent the club from becoming going further embroiled in this mess. What is happening now is that Bartomeu is using the club as a platform to protect the decisions taken by himself and his fellow board members. The sad reality is the entire club could face sanctions because of a few clowns

Home of Barca Fans